Whenever a Dragon enters the battlefield under your control, put a gold counter on Dragon's Hoard.
, Remove a gold counter from Dragon's Hoard: Draw a card.
: Gain one mana of any color.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dragon's Hoard occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Dragon's Hoard Discussion
2 weeks ago
Dragonspeaker Shaman is not Modern Legal. You can change the format to casual if this is just for kitchen table and not for FNM or other events. It looks pretty good. If you are looking for other cards to add, here are some of my favorites:
Atarka, World Render (a bomb if you're willing to splash for the extra color)
3 weeks ago
Hey, well done on a budget. Nice Ugin :)
Some upgrades to consider:
- Arcane Signet --> Armillary Sphere
- Dragon's Hoard --> Darksteel Ingot
- Court of Bounty --> Crucible of Fire
- Utvara Hellkite --> Dragonlord Atarka
- Dragonlord Ojutai --> Boltwing Marauder
- Lathliss, Dragon Queen --> Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
- Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund --> Tyrant's Familiar
- Steel Hellkite --> Crosis, the Purger
- Dragonmaster Outcast --> Boneyard Scourge
- Haunting Voyage --> Fearsome Awakening
- Chaos Warp --> Mortify
- Negate --> Trap Essence
- Exotic Orchard --> Vivid Crag
- Unclaimed Territory --> Vivid Grove
- Cinder Glade --> Temple of Epiphany
- Yavimaya Coast --> Temple of Mystery
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
X-Factor11105 I honestly can't really say how Blood Fast has been, since I've almost never drawn it. Blerg. In theory it's good; I thought about using Greed, but Blood Fast comes down way earlier, even if it does cost more to activate.
I don't think Mutavault works the way you're thinking (if I'm reading your post right). It can become a dragon to trigger stuff like Utvara Hellkite, but it'll never etb as a dragon for anything else.
Ugh, if Vanquisher's Banner cost like 2 mana less I would consider it, but 5 mana is just too much for that kind of effect IMO. Dragon's Hoard already pretty much fills that slot for me. I've actually also just put Skyline Despot back in, for extra dragon etb's and draw power, but I haven't had a chance to see him in action yet.
But also, YO, IMMERSTRUM PREDATOR
RinceRaven on Kaalia
2 months ago
Okay so, this comment is kinda unreadable, and I'mma clean this up a bit, order cards together, give my personal thoughts and then repost it, but here's the dump version also so I can work off it myself
Dragon Tempest, Lightning Greaves, Caged Sun, Thran Dynamo, Aura of Silence, Austere Command, Archangel of Thune, Aurelia, the Warleader, Doom Whisperer, Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Sword of the Animist, Dragon's Hoard, Price of Fame, Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Angel of Serenity, Kaalia of the Vast, Magus of the Moat, Herald of War, Primevals' Glorious Rebirth, Hazoret's Monument, Firemind Vessel, Worn Powerstone, Thundermaw Hellkite, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Lathliss, the Dragon Queen, Karmic Guide, Sower of Discord, Angel of Condemnation, Blade of Selves, Gilded Lotus, Bolas's Citadel, Tainted Remedy, True Conviction, Deafening Silence, Grasp of Fate, Everflowing Chalice, Grafdigger's Cage
2 months ago
Hey, good changes you've made by going with two colors, cutting black and adding more consistency with 4 ofs. Scrying Sheets with Snow-Covered lands is interesting. It wouldn't be my first choice if I was on a budget, but if you have the Sheets then play them.
You haven't changed the manabase after adding Farseek. You want a consistent turn two green source for Farseek since that's the best time in the game to cast Farseek. Having only 6 green sources in the manabase is not going to be enough for Farseek. My advice is cut some Mountains for Snow-Covered Forest s. Consistently you will need at least 12 sources of green in the manabase to cast a turn two Farseek therefore consider cutting some Mountains adding 6x Forests?
I think cutting Dragon's Hoard is a mistake since it's ramp that can also be repeatable draw later on. Coldsteel Heart or Colossal Majesty aren't better cards than Hoard with Dragons. Consider 4x Glorybringer; cutting 1x Crucible of Fire for 1x more Glorybringer? Being able to cast multiple Regents and Glorybringers in a row is how you're going to win. Atarka, World Render would do more than Moonveil Dragon ; double strike with Regents and Glorybringers.
I also think cutting Sarkhan's Triumph is a mistake because you have several 1 ofs of Dragons and Triumph can tutor for one of these Dragons. You can also take some more advantage of Triumph with other 1 of Dragons in the sideboard such as Stormbreath Dragon and Thundermaw Hellkite . Colossal Majesty isn't a better card than Triumph. Majesty is better as a sideboard card to replace some removal for more draw for matchups where the game is going to go longer than usual or your opponents have less creatures and more control.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Hey, you have several good cards, but also quite a few that can be upgraded even on a budget.
Utvara Hellkite and Lathliss, Dragon Queen are two Dragon upgrades because they can be card advantage since they create Dragon tokens when Dragons attack or when nontoken Dragons ETB. Drakuseth, Maw of Flames has a powerful attack trigger. Knight of the White Orchid is a Knight upgrade since it can tutor for any Plains including Sacred Foundry or Mistveil Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
Changelings are Knights and Dragons. Taurean Mauler gets bigger when any opponent casts a spell. Mirror Entity has an ability to change all creatures you control power/toughness and give them all creature types. Depending on how much mana you have you can make your army of creatures huge power with Entity.
Before you make other improvements however my advice is to first improve ramp because when the cards you want to try to win the game with are high CMC such as Dragons then lots of ramp should a high priority. The idea is to have more ramp and less high CMC cards because you can easily cast ramp, but without ramp you can't easily cast high CMC Dragons.
- Sol Ring: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Arcane Signet: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Keeper of the Accord
- Knight of the White Orchid
- Boros Signet
- Jeska's Will: can be a fast way to cast both your Commanders or a high CMC Dragon in your hand if you target an opponent who has seven or more cards in hand.
- Dragon's Hoard: ramp and can be repeatable draw with Dragons.
- Talisman of Conviction
The next important thing to expand on is draw. The options for repeatable draw are slim in Boros therefore you want to instead count on cards that give you repeatable card advantage in other ways. Keeper of the Accord is an example of a new card from Commander Legends that's a card advantage engine for white in muliplayer Commander since he creates creatures if you're behind on creatures and/or is land ramp if you're behind on lands and he triggers on each opponent's turn.
- Sunforger: when people talk about Boros usually Sunforger comes up in the conversation because it's powerful equipment for repeatable card advantage. When it's equipped to a creature you can at instant speed pay two mana to unequipped to tutor for any white or red instant spell in your library that's 4 CMC or less and cast that spell for free. Sunforger package is an art form for Boros players. +4 power is a big pump when the creature has double strike or flying.
- Mask of Memory: repeatable draw, effects that trigger when you do combat damage to a player can trigger twice with double strike. If equipped creature isn't blocked then you hit the opponent your attacking twice to draw four cards and discard any two.
- Open the Armory: tutor for any equipment.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: tutor for any Dragon.
With Sunforger Mistveil Plains makes it better because you can put an instant in your graveyard back into your library to cast it again with Sunforger. Example of a Sunforger package of instants:
- Swords to Plowshares: exile a creature.
- Boros Charm: give all permanents you control including lands indestructible.
- Chaos Warp: remove a permanent including a land.
- Shields of Velis Vel: give all creatures you control all creature types.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: Dragon tutor.
- Brought Back: permanent reanimation.
- Unbreakable Formation: give all creatures you control indestructible.
- Return to Dust: exile up to two different artifacts or enchantments.
- Valakut Awakening Flip: draw.
- Akroma's Will: make all your attacking creatures real threats.
If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Ur-Dragon. Good job upgrading the precon by adding the Ventmaw + Assault combo.
Even if you have a higher budget to make upgrades with here's some budget cards (each $2 or less) to consider adding to replace some cards you have here:
- Temur Ascendancy > Monastery Siege
- Sarkhan's Triumph > Wardscale Dragon
- Drakuseth, Maw of Flames > Tyrant's Familiar
- Dragon's Hoard > Dreamstone Hedron
- Beast Within > Rain of Thorns
- Swords to Plowshares > Curse of Verbosity
- Dovin's Veto > Curse of Bounty
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip > Curse of Opulence
- Exotic Orchard > Orator of Ojutai
- Unclaimed Territory > Armillary Sphere
- Cinder Glade, Prairie Stream, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh, Canopy Vista > 5 Vivid lands
Understand that for most cards on this site the prices are displayed wrong and you need to do some browsing around TCGPlayer/Card Kingdom to get the best actual prices of cards. Having a creature tutor can be helpful to get Scion of the Ur-Dragon or any other Dragon. Drakuseth is a Dragon upgrade especially with the Ventmaw + Assault combo as a win condition with infinite attacks.
Hoard is a ramp upgrade since if not using it for ramp it can be a repeatable draw source. Wizards put zero instant speed removal in the precon and that's not good in Commander. You want to be able to remove a problematic card from an opponent or counter a spell that's going to wreck you.
The 5 Battle Lands could replace the 5 Vivid lands. There's lots of Tri lands here and these lands will always ETB tapped, but on a budget they're worth it for the color fixing. Vivid lands are not worth ETB tapped because you don't have a way to put more counters on them and when they run out of counters they're terrible. Battle lands have interaction with lots of basic lands and Farseek can search for one of them.
Good luck with your deck.