As an additional cost to play Diabolic Intent, sacrifice a creature.
Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Diabolic Intent occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Diabolic Intent Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, Staff of Domination is an infinite mana combo with one of Archdruid, Priest, Marwyn, Channeler when it can make at least five mana. Use infinite mana with Staff to draw/cast/have 10 Elves then use infinite mana with Staff to untap Lathril + 10 Elves infinite times as the win condition. Staff could replace Harvest Season .
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Last couple topics,
I made an assumption and grouped Draw above Damage, and Deathtouch above Token.
Deathtouch 16%, Control 16%, Damage/Life 15%, Recursion 8%, Token 6%, Draw 6%, Discard 2%, Ramp 2%, Land 29%
Further on Card Advantage (which includes draw):
I know why your doing it and the thought process behind it, but here's an alternative perspective.
Your cards like Blood Divination , Costly Plunder , Pitiless Pontiff , Bone Splinters , Final Payment , Severed Strands , Spark Harvest are usually paired with LTB effect (like your damage/life and afterlife abilities), more along lines of Grave Pact (Also Dictate of Erebos , Butcher of Malakir , Dark Prophecy , Nightmare Shepherd , Etc.) or Reveillark / Academy Rector types.
The issue is Blood Divination why not Necropotence ( Greed ) for CMC1 less, and no sacrifice, let's you refill your hand anytime, Grim Haruspex /Etc. Why Spark Harvest / Bone Splinters over Swords to Plowshares or Path to Exile or Mortify or even Bloodchief's Thirst / Generous Gift if your after planeswalkers.
So how are creatures getting into the graveyard, if your not sacrificing them along with other effects, a value engine!! Skullclamp is a necessity, Viscera Seer is strong, Phyrexian Altar (this card is cEDH level though), more things like Priest of Forgotten Gods & Ayara, First of Locthwain . Why sacrifice a deathtouch creature to LTB damage/life when you can Corpse Knight instead and get the value up front? Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Village Rites is ok because its CMC1 and Instant, you don't need tutor in battlecruiser/low (up to power 5), but cards like Diabolic Intent which also feed into things like Mausoleum Secrets are value. Ashnod's Altar , Doom Foretold , Razaketh, the Foulblooded , etc.
Key is value in / value out. Don't waste the value out just to enable your recursion. Value-in, Value-out, then recur. More Immortal Servitude (battlefield), less Soul Salvage (hand). Reanimate / Animate Dead (anyone's graveyards), Unburial Rites , Victimize , Agadeem's Awakening Flip, Revival / Revenge , Command the Dreadhorde , Blood for Bones .
Kinda touched on it, in previous. Control 16% is quite a bit, inline with power level. If you replace Ashen Rider , Bone Splinters , Final Payment , Severed Strands , Spark Harvest . Some should become the "sac outlets", like Skullclamp / Viscera Seer and some just better interactions (Instant speed whenever possible). Anguished Unmaking , Utter End , Swords to Plowshares , Merciless Eviction , Plaguecrafter / Demon's Disciple (Better Fleshbag Marauder unless your utilizing the Zombie part), Shriekmaw , Path to Exile , Generous Gift , Deadly Rollick , Dire Tactics , Hagra Mauling Flip, Unmake there's lots.
If you want to jump on a teams chat or anything when you have some time happy to help, just discord chat me, hopefully something that helps you focus this deck to a 4-5
1 month ago
Asylum because it's too situational and if you're in a bad position in the game it becomes a dead draw.
Eldest is a 5 cost 3 turn trick, not really worth it in the long run when you have much cheaper costing cards doing the same thing.
Awaken hits every player and gives every player tokens. It just doesn't seem good in more cutthroat builds.
If Tinybones is one of your primary wincons I'd think of adding mana boosting cards like Culling the Weak and Bubbling Muck so you can instant speed the damage when they discard. Diabolic Intent is also another good card for searching for your wincons or combo pieces.
I'm building Tergrid as well, most cards I've already ordered and will hopefully be able to play next week, can't wait!
1 month ago
Diabolic Intent was incorrectly labeled but is absolutely in the deck. Im a fan of all the other tutors you've mentioned, Grim Tutor originally was in the deck and but can't seem to find a space for it currently. the other tutors are however to constrained in their limitations. Generally speaking instant gratification is what i look for in tutors.
thank you again for the suggestions, that being said what are the potential cuts for both Junk Diver and Grim Tutor? Considering that Scrap Trawler is a much better recursion piece in the deck over Trading Post despite trawlers limitation, that is potentially overcome by the replacing T.Post with Junk Diver. Thoughts?
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey, excellent upgrade of the precon with a high budget.
Some changes to consider:
- Diabolic Intent --> Door of Destinies
- Copperhorn Scout --> Gilt-Leaf Ambush
- Elves of Deep Shadow --> Pride of the Perfect
- Ohran Frostfang --> Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
- Chord of Calling --> Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel
- Staff of Domination --> Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Heritage Druid --> Dwynen's Elite
- Devoted Druid --> Wellwisher
- Skemfar Shadowsage --> Shaman of the Pack
- Arcane Signet --> Golgari Signet
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Tutors are always a good thing in a deck that has any sort of strategy to focus on. So yes, I would run demonic, and if you can afford it Vampiric Tutor , Diabolic Intent , Grim Tutor , and if you want you can go with the budget Diabolic Tutor .
Feel free to post a link to you list in here and I will look too. We don't want you to go too overboard on the ramp etc, just make sure you have a good mix of the ramp that seems to work best for you. (Let me know how focused you want this deck to be etc.)
4 months ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
Vilis, Broker of Blood
, etc... also from the new set:
(I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
- is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with
, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply
as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary / Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
- even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with
to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate / Animate Dead / Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp .
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation .
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)