|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Annihilation (V14)||Mythic Rare|
|Conflux (CON)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Would I take damage?
- Can I choose to wipe the board with child of alara
- does my opponent take full damage if the creature he used for blocking was hit by a creature equiped with godsend?
- can i bring child of alara back when Karmic Guide came from graveyard?
- can i bring back child of alara if i sac him to hell's caretaker?
Child of Alara
Legendary Creature — Avatar
When Child of Alara dies, destroy all nonland permanents. They can't be regenerated.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Child of Alara Discussion
1 week ago
Thanks for commenting! This deck is essentially Legendary goodstuff.
There is no one true wincon for the deck, but there are a lot of legends that can outright finish the game. Blackblade Reforged for example, can destroy people if it stays on the board for even one rotation in lategame.
I have also primarily added multicolor cards to boost Sisay, Weatherlight Captain as quickly as possible.
I do think that deciding upon a single strategy would be helpful though. This deck is something that I’ve been working on for a good bit now, so I’ll probably change it up sooner or later.
1 week ago
- I think deciding upon a fixed strategy will help greatly. I can't really figure out what you're going for here other than legendary tribal aggro, and even then Lavinia, Azorius Renegade and Child of Alara are raising me questions.
- There's no direct win-con that I see.
- I can't really suggest any specific strategy either because I'm not you.
- What I can say is that if you want to run aggro, neglect control spells and board wipes and go for stuff that increases power and mana to cast big boys like Progenitus .
- If you want to run midrange, go for more cards like Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip.
- If you want to run control, lay down more legendaries like Lavinia. Zur might be good too.
2 weeks ago
Other Mount-up EDH ideas:
1 month ago
Hey Lechero21, thanks for the kind words.
The way this deck works is to simply exist at first, playing lands and ramping out the mana base to support casting Child of Alara as fast as possible.
Once you have accomplished that, you then start strategically sacrificing the angry baby to wipe the board, and recurring it, going in for beats when possible.
If the opportunity presents itself, we can win with Maze's End and our Gate lands.
Anyhow, I hope that helps you to better understand it. Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.
2 months ago
Finally gave the deck a much needed update! Added several cards with untapped land abilities to (hopefully) get multiple activations of Maze's End in a turn. Found some pretty good stuff in my binder for this janky pile I like to call a deck.
3 months ago
Way to get on this guy the second he was spoiled!
I saw in your after note the mention of blink which I think will be the direct that I go. My version is not intended to be competitive just a fun deck to play. I'm liking the idea of Astral Slide / Astral Drift especially. Then we can run the 15 non desert Cycle lands and a few of the best cycling cards. Very much in the brewing stages at this point but, could be a janky good time.
4 months ago
Hmm looking through your decklist, I feel like you could profit from some more early ramp, and from cutting some win more cards. I like the inclusion of Armageddon etc, however Ghaji just feels like you don't really need him.
I would cut Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Child of Alara , Gahiji, Honored One , Sliver Queen , Terminus , Hallowed Burial , Merciless Eviction , Pillar of Origins , Herald's Horn , Door of Destinies , Darksteel Forge , Call to the Kindred .
Instead I would Play Nature's Lore , Three Visits , Search for Tomorrow , Skyshroud Claim , Vampiric Tutor , Fellwar Stone , Fact or Fiction , Intruder Alarm , Living Death , Patriarch's Bidding , Teferi's Protection , Mana Drain
Child of Alara occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%