Artifact Creature — Myr
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
- Myr Galvanizer + Myr Galvanizer + Palladium Myr
- Palladium Myr + Voltaic Key
- Myr Galvanizer + Palladium Myr + Sculpting Steel
- Palladium Myr + Sculpting Steel
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Palladium Myr Discussion
4 weeks ago
No problem man. Looking closer at your deck, I would try this:
4 weeks ago
Sol Ring, Worn Powerstone, Sisay's Ring, Thran Dynamo Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, Dreamstone Hedron Hedron Crawler, Manakin, Palladium Myr Solemn Simulacrum, Burnished Hart, Wayfarer's Bauble Eye of Ugin, Eldrazi Temple, Sanctum of Ugin
4 weeks ago
I would change this to include Green, maybe a Simic version. You're going to need the Ramp abilities of that color if you want to play stuff, activate stuff and play answers. Or you could at least use things like Etherium Sculptor, Cloud Key, Semblance Anvil, Foundry Inspector, Jhoira's Familiar or Palladium Myr
As it is, I think it's very slow paced for Modern. Also, you don't have much in terms of board pressure or hard removal. You're too exposed while trying to set up the Empire artifacts
2 months ago
Sorin_Markov_1947 thanks for the suggestions! I did consider the sentinels at one point but I found that with Stonecoil it's not that difficult to deal with opposing fliers and my other creatures just work too well in the deck to be able to cut for it anyway, I couldn't find a niche in practice where I wished I had a sentinel over whatever else I happened to draw outside of games where I flooded. Generally a stonecoil on turn 3 or 4 can block as much as needed to let the deck scale up to find other answers, and if my opponent isn't intent on playing the board early a crystalline giant tends to take care of our needs.
The main idea of the deck is to play through Forsaken Monument to aim for either Ugin or straight card advantage, we set up a factory with Lithoform Engine and look to do things like tap 5 lands to cast Chrome Replicator and copy it with lithoform to get 4 6/6 creatures, or stack up a Crawling Barrens to a 30/30 or so, or cast and copy a Stonecoil Serpent at x=16 for a pair of 18/18 tramplers. Everything else is pretty much card advantage and protection.
To this end I do agree that 4 Ugins and Mazeminds would be a great move, and since this list hasn't been upgraded since the days of Tergrid meta I'd be happy to cut Weathered Runestone to complete those playsets and add something like a Shadowspear in the spare slot. The other thing I noticed I didn't include in this build was Skyclave Relic , my other ramp piece in case I don't find my Palladium Myr and the reason that Throne of Makindi gets a spot on the mana base. I think from the list above I'd probably just take out all 3 runestones and 1 copy of Cosmos Elixir to add a 4th each of Ugin and Mazemind as well as 2 Relics.
3 months ago
Hey there! Ramping can be quite difficult in colorless, and while you have some wonderful ramp rocks, I'd recommend a few others as well! I'd recommend cutting a few eldrazi or things you can spare, since there's no use in filling your hand with huge spells if you can't cast them!
- Thran Dynamo / Sisay's Ring : Both pretty simple, but they can be used as soon as they're out and from then on can easily provide a source of mana to cast more things, much like Hedron archive.
- Forsaken Monument : INSANELY ramps, and while it may cost a bit of mana, this can make all your lands, and most of your ramp essentially double, allowing you to cast a TON more spells much faster. It even buffs the eldrazi, and gains you life you may have lost in earlier turns.
- Palladium Myr / Hedron Crawler : These guys may not seem like the best, but you have very few cheaper blockers, and you thus may get killed before you can cast big things. You can block big creatures with these, in addition to using them for ramp, so you can cast bigger spells.
- Crystal Vein : Easily provides colorless, the only source you need, and offers more if you chose to sac it, putting you one turn ahead in casting some big eldrazi!
- Ugin, the Ineffable : Costs quite a bit, but makes ALL the eldrazi (and most ramp spells) cost 2 less, greatly reducing their cost.
- Mind Stone : A great, cheap, colorless source that can help you ramp, putting you one turn ahead, as well as offering card draw if necessary!
The next few may OR may not be out of your budget, so here they are if you haven't heard of them:
- Ancient Tomb : great ramping land, providing 2 colorless at the expense of just 2 life- this is great from early turns and can help you ramp into more ramp so you can cast big spells much faster.
- Urza's Incubator : You could name eldrazi, and essentially do what Ugin did as mentioned above for half the cost in mana. This could really be a great ramp spell and costs very little mana.
- Mana Vault : Even if you just use it once this can put you WAY ahead in the game, 3+ turns to be exact.
- Mana Crypt : costs no mana, ramps you just as good as something that costs 3 mana. Its pricey, but very, very, very powerful.
Hope this helps! Be sure to check out some of my decks, and drop an upvote if you'd like! Good luck on the deck- cheers!
Edit: some cuts I recommend are 2 of the all is dusts, both karns (they're fun, but not worth it), and possibly 2 of the thought-knot seers as long as you'd be adding some of the blockers mentioned above.
5 months ago
Here are some card that I think are worth considering.
6 months ago
Your combo is cool but very unlikely. You would want to add a few ways to tutor up the artifacts to get better consistency.
Hoarding Dragon , Kuldotha Forgemaster , Inventors' Fair and Gamble could help.
Shared Summons could get forgemaster and toymaker. Crop Rotation can get inventor's fair.
Also you might consider a few more instants to make scepter more useful if he doesnt happen in to vitalize. Ancient Grudge and Fog seem good.
Also you may want more mana dorks to enable the combo with vitalize scepter. Palladium Myr works as would Fyndhorn Elder , Greenweaver Druid , Nantuko Elder , Whisperer of the Wilds , these are also decent ramp cards in general.