|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.
|Have (2)||Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic|
|Want (4)||theoneyednightwing , Alt_Trix , NocturnalEmission , MTG_Optometry|
Ghostly Prison Discussion
30 minutes ago
I’d suggest cutting some creatures. It seems like you could mostly be doing a Knight build for the most part so getting rid of creatures like Gearshift Ace and others that are only in there because they have first strike will probably be your first ones to cut for any of the cards I listed. Always bet one games dragging into the late game some Agro decks need to take out 3 people each with 40 life, meaning you will probably make some enemies in the early game with all of your attacks. Just think about how important a 2/2 double strike creature will be in the later parts of the game if someone gets something like a Craterhoof Behemoth out or if someone is playing a pillowfort deck and only 1 or 2 of your creatures can attack at a time because of a Ghostly Prison or Propaganda not to mention the fact nearly every deck that plays red tends to run a Blasphemous Act which will easily kill all your creatures. Agro is good and all, but you should never expect the game to end early since you’ll be made into an enemy early on for all the early attacks.
1 day ago
suggestions: Hissing Miasma -> Ghostly Prison , Bitter Revelation -> Necropotence . Buried Alive doesn't fit in a deck with no recursion. Shade's Form makes a poor win condition. you have to attack and get though and it can only eliminate 1 player at a time with a massive resource investment to do so. Torment of Hailfire Exsanguinate and Debt to the Deathless are much better. good life gain payoffs are Karlov of the Ghost Council Crested Sunmare and Archangel of Thune that give you big rewards just for you opponents playing spells while kambal is out.
6 days ago
Good. We need more Kirinmageddon in our lives. If you want to look, I made a GW version: Armageddon & Taxes
The things I noticed as I was building/testing:
Getting the combo is a really strong play, but if you're behind on board, a lot of the time your opponent will just run you over before you can capitalize. So you either need mass anti-creature effects like Ghostly Prison or Ensnaring Bridge or early/mass game removal to cover for you.
Playing the removal game usually means you can't fit as many combo tutors in, which leads to games where you kill a bunch of their threats and never find the combo.
Spirits tribal could work, but then there's the risk of blowing up your own stuff.
One color combo that I think could work is BW. You could use Ranger-Captain of Eos to tutor for Ugin's Conjurant/Giver of Runes and the removal is really good. Maybe go with some existing Stoneforge or Mardu Shadow lists for a shell.
There was also a group that posted a bunch of different Krinmageddon variants on Reddit, but I can't remember what they were called.
1 week ago
well from my experience if you play elves you will win even if your not "trying" lol.... Definitly consider Reclamation Sage for B.S. prison cards like Ensnaring Bridge / Ghostly Prison ... also Nylea's Presence becomes "oops I win" with Elvish Champion .... Wrap in Vigor / Heroic Intervention can help against board wipes. +1 because elves rule!
1 week ago
I think trying out an Eldrazi Tribal deck with a Vorthos sub-theme of "Eldrazi touched" creatures may be both flavorful, and potentially powerful enough to be considered "scary" by the table. Some deck defining spells would be:
Eldrazi Conscription - to be used on your commander when you can't get the other angel out
Emrakul, the Promised End - a big game changing play that can outright change the flow of a game
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth - another big beater that nets you cards, and disrupts the board
Just to name a few. I'd rely on a lot of the various ramp cards ad that produce , and mono white ramp for support (like Smothering Tithe ). I'd also consider maybe an additional subtheme of monowhite stacks, using cards to slow the flow of play like Authority of the Consuls , Ghostly Prison , and Blind Obedience . The idea is to make other players second guess attacking you, while you continually drop in Eldritch Horrors that disrupt the boardstate in a big way. I know you're on a budget, but the previously mentioned are probably the most expensive cards i'd suggest.
on Life Lost v2
1 week ago
I would add the three talismans for your colours-- Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Dominance , and Talisman of Hierarchy . More ramp can never hurt, particularly since some of your combo pieces are a bit expensive to cast.
also made some good suggestions-- Sanguine Bond is a good redundancy for your combo, and, as an enchantment, is less likely to be removed. However, I do take issue with some of the other suggestions--the discard enchantments are mediocre unless your deck is designed to abuse them (i.e. Nekusar, the Mindrazer ) and they'd likely end up being dead cards most of the time with your build. Aminatou, the Fateshifter and Felidar Guardian is a cute combo, but also requires you to draw into a third combo piece. None of those three cards have great synergy with your deck overall, thus making them rather mediocre draws outside a combo win (whereas your other combo still has decent synergy with other elements of your deck, allowing them to further your victory even if you cannot combo off).
I would cut the following:
Dictate of Kruphix - I find cards like this are quite bad in multiplayer. Sure, they give you an extra card per turn; but they also give each of your opponents an extra card. So, in a four-player game, that means you get one card; your collective opponents get three. As such, you're increasing the chances someone will draw into their way of stopping you more than increasing your chances of winning.
Sphere of Safety - I do not think you have the critical mass of enchantments necessary to really make this worth five mana. If you need another prison, consider Norn's Annex or Ghostly Prison instead.
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
2 weeks ago
@lola82600 - Thanks for the suggestions.. If you can check the older version of this deck thru the updates, i had Ghostly Prison in this deck before.. I cut it because, every time I play it, it doesn't feel like it doesn't belong in a creature majority deck like mine.. I'd rather pillowfort using high toughness creatures, and making opponents think twice in attacking me.. The other 2 suggestions can be useful though, but it feels less effective if i replace other creatures in the deck already..
@ZXddgsw12 - I think, although this deck is creature-based deck, it doesn't benefit as much as it would a token deck.. plus I can't replace any of the cards for it, I might include Primal Rage rather than that.. but thanks anyway for the suggestions!
Ghostly Prison occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
WU (Azorius): 1.27%
WUB (Esper): 0.49%
GWU (Bant): 0.8%
RBW (Mardu): 0.47%