|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||None|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (E01)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target nonblack creature.
Doom Blade Discussion
3 days ago
Seems like Mission Briefing could actually be useful in this deck, maybe as 2x instead of a Negate and something else? Also, just because you have three colors, you may need to add an additional land. Maybe not on the land, but it just feels like it might need one more?
Just a couple of quick thoughts.
4 days ago
I had considered Doom Blade , however I tend to have a decent match up against creature builds. I tend to have a worse match up against planes walkers builds so I am trying to use more versitile answers such as Bedevil .
Thanks for the suggestion.
4 days ago
Don't forget that Doom Blade is Pioneer legal!
1 week ago
I like it, consider adding The Royal Scions , and cut Realm-Cloaked Giant . as it while it wipes most of board, having the 7/7 really isn't that relevant, as it'll just eat a Doom Blade . If you really wanted a wipe, I would add Wrath of God and be done with it.
2 weeks ago
+1! @Your post
Cut ... fluffy, weak removal, weak late game burn.
Bog Witch ... slow! Cut!
You might also go down to 34 lands and add a few more madness.
2 weeks ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
2 weeks ago
I just feel like if I am running against another black deck Edict would be a much better choice~
Doom Blade occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%