Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
Target artifact or creature you control gains protection from artifacts or from the color of your choice until end of turn.
2 weeks ago
Very well put together. Quick question, does Emerge Unscathed outperform Apostle's Blessing here? I ask because artifacts are pretty ubiquitous of late. Then again, paying the Phyrexian mana cost can become difficult against certain matchups.
1 month ago
I included Teferi, Time Raveler to make sure on my turn I can safely cast spells. I also removed Aether Vial and Teferi, Hero of Dominaria. Then I added Apostle's Blessing for instant speed protection for artifacts Torpor Orb / creatures.
2 months ago
You do realise that Apostle's Blessing is the only spell in your deck that actually TARGETS a creature, right? Cards that don't have the word "target" in them don't trigger heroic abilities.
3 months ago
- Angelic Intervention/Apostle's Blessing: some more protection stuff that makes it easier for Feather to connect against your opponents.
- Guttersnipe/Fiery Inscription: these will deal a lot of damage in a deck like yours. Same goes for Firebrand Archer and Kessig Flamebreather btw, I'm curious as to why you didn't mainboard these.
- Sunforger: makes for an incredibly handy tutor, so that your instant/sorcery collection can be handled as somewhat of a toolbox for Feather. I'm not sure if this breaks your 1 dollar maximum per card though ...
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion: a great utility land in your deck, especially in the later stages of games when mana becomes more abundant.
- Fellwar Stone/Marble Diamond/Fire Diamond: some nice, cheap additional mana rocks; Fellwar is especially useful when playing against more than one opponent.
Hope this helped; have fun with the deck.
3 months ago
Some more suggestions:
Hope these are useful. Cheers!
5 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions Crow-Umbra! I like Command Beacon and Apostle's Blessing as defensive options. Hinata kinda lets everyone know what's going to happen, and yeah, it's a removal magnet, so more shields would be effective.
Eerie Interlude is nice, but it removes tokens. I haven't played with this enough to know how many tokens/ token creators are too much, so until I find the right balance, I might hold off on this one for now.
Between Magnus the Red or Battlefield Thaumaturge, which do you think is more efficient? I'd probably stick to Battlefield Thaumaturge for redundancy since the majority of my X spells only really scale with the number of targets, not the amount of mana spent. But that does depend on the type of spells one is running.
I've thought about Willbreaker before, but I decided against it. I've only got a few spells that would deal damage and not outright destroy a creature, so it takes up a slot that could otherwise be used to directly destroy things.
5 months ago
Very nice deck and primer! I have a Hinata deck that I've piloted a couple times, and let a friend borrow this past weekend. Hinata is super resilient. A few cards I'd recommend that I'm currently running in my list:
Command Beacon - Helpful utility land to get Hinata back out if hated out multiple times.
Apostle's Blessing - Essentially a free spot protection spell with Hinata out.
Eerie Interlude - If you have at least one other creature out in addition to Hinata, it turns into a board protection for 1 lol.
Veilstone Amulet - Protection redundancy, but adds a protective wrinkle to any of your instant speed spells.
Magnus the Red - Redundant cost reduction in case Hinata gets taken off the field.
Willbreaker - Gain control of any creature you target, if it isn't destroyed.