Return target creature to its owner's hand.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , GuNDanU|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 month ago
Hello KyleWynne22! Thank you for the comment!
I know this is kind of a shitty answer, but I would say the cards you ask for are very situational and meta-dependent.
- Burgeoning - I will be completely honest, I do not really like this card because we only run 28 lands in the deck. The only reason I'd ever really consider it would be because it's a 1cmc enchantment. It would be a different story if we were running say, 36 lands in the deck as you're more likely to be able to make use of it.
- Karmic Justice - Another card I'm rather iffy on. The main reason I don't particularly care for it is because most of the removal in my meta is creature based, such as Swords to Plowshares, Deadly Rollick, Unsummon, or Rapid Hybridization. You might could get away with cutting Manglehorn for it, as all it does is really add redundancy to the artifact hate we already run, such as Stony Silence and Collector Ouphe.
- Smothering Tithe - The main reason I don't run this is we run a bunch of things that shut down the activated abilities of artifacts, such as Collector Ouphe, Stony Silence, Root Maze, and I'm even considering adding a Null Rod for even more redundancy. All of these do not allow the treasure tokens to be used. If you absolutely wanted to use Smothering Tithe, I'd say probably _maybe_ replace one of the aforementioned anti-artifact cards, but we generate enough mana with things like Sanctum Weaver or even Cryptolith Rite I feel as if Smothering Tithe is completely unnecessary.
- Sylvan Library - This is probably the easiest of the bunch you asked about for me to justify including. I'd cut Ground Seal, as really the only reason I run it is due to the fact it draws a card itself upon ETB. The graveyard hate is negligible, as we run Rest in Peace for that. Really only reason I don't run it is due to the fact I don't have one and can't be bothered to go track one down.
Hopefully this answered your questions! If you have any more, or need help building your list, feel free to ask!
1 month ago
Deck is coming along. It’s probably a good idea to run a suite of counterspells particularly if you’re running spirits that don’t have exile effects built in. I’d run 4 Mana Leak without question, but that’s me. If you feel confident running fewer, by all means do so. Not trying to take over your deck.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Personally I think you have good options in both mono and multi colored so try both. Here's more useful Blues:
About Jace, I don't think he's helpful at all. I would much rather try Strixhaven Stadium here. Pandeem is good as a single. Another thing that might be good, especially if you follow the stadium idea, is Blinkmoth Nexus
2 months ago
3 months ago
I'm questioning the three Shadowspear and four Padeem. While they are decent cards, I don't think you want that many of either. I'd go to one, maybe two spears, and two, maybe cut down to one Padeem.
Claustrophobia is not great removal. 3 mv is far too high for competitive play unless it can two-for-one. I don't have time right now to look anything up, but I'd switch to Unsummon honestly.
4 months ago
Hi, first of all welcome to the game of magic, its pretty amezing. There are a couple of problems with your deck in my opinion.
- Some cards are not modern legal. I don't know what the format is at you LGS but if its modern you have to change the cards that aren't legal to use.
- You are forcing yourself to play blue-green just to able to use Desert Twister which isn't modern legal, and quite frankly, not good. I would take it out so that you can play mono-blue.
- In terms of counterspells, Counterspell is about to get legal in modern in a couple of days so I would buy four copies and take out Broken Concentration , Cancel , Memory Lapse (also not legal in modern) and Negate .
- You use some bounce-effect cards that have effects you don't benefit from. Absorb Identity is only useful if you have shapeshifters, and you don't. Compelling Deterrence is only useful if you have zombies, you don't. Winds of Rebuke is only useful if you can utilize the cards that you put in your graveyard, you can't. Exchange these four card with Unsummon which is cheaper and thus more efficient in your deck. If you want to go a little bit more expensive exchange them for Brazen Borrower .
- As a final remark, you use to many lands. In your deck I would use between 20 and 24 lands.
If you have any more questions be sure to let me know!