Planeswalker — Jace
+2: Each player draws a card.
-1: Target player draws a card.
-10: Target player puts the top twenty cards of their library into his or her graveyard.
|Have (3)||Morpho-peleides , bigred2728 , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Jace Beleren Discussion
4 months ago
If you're into Howling Mine effects, I recommend Jace Beleren 's +2 ability.
Also consider Chaos Warp if you're looking to target the largest number of permenents for spot removal using the fewest slots in your deck.
9 months ago
Meh cards: Retreat to Coralhelm
Cards to consider adding: Aven Mindcensor, Jace's Erasure, Propaganda , Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Solemn Simulacrum, Frantic Search, Ponder, The Magic Mirror, Psychic Corrosion, Jace Beleren, Reliquary Tower
Remember than milling people out is likely how you will win.
Definitely make sure to add more than just basic lands, otherwise, it'll be hard to cast things. Go to https://www.managathering.com/duallands/Azorius.html for other of the choices. Clicking the lands will take you to the TCG player page for the land
10 months ago
Mice deck. I'd swap some of your mana rocks for signets instead. You got 3 signets available, so remove Mana Geode, Prismatic Lens and Mind Stone (you won't need the draw ability in this deck). No Sol Ring?
Winds of Change is another effective wheel at a very low cost that, has a plus, doesn't let your opponents get back the cards they already discarded. No drawback there. :)
10 months ago
I was unaware of Peer into the Abyss which is just ignorant in something like this, so bravo there.
11 months ago
I'm still not sure I understand your aversion of the vivid lands, but let's say i cut them, would you add basics (as long as i haven't tested how early my proliferation is online)?
Throne of Geth doesn't need many other artifacts. At the point where I want to activate this more than once I image having some signets / talismans that I don't need anymore, allowing them to be useful again as fodder for the throne. I don't expect to ativate this before turn 4 at all, probably even later than that. Yes, it's amazing if i get to activate it every turn (e.g. when i have Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast or Saheeli, Sublime Artificer), but i feel like it's done its job when i activate it twice, and i can always use it once in a pinch.
I know you specifically said "not necessarily infinites" but I'm not sure what other kind of I win buttons other than copying planeswalker ults you might mean. I have a Torment of Hailfire that I may want, I could probably get to enough mana through proliferation that everyone has to sac their board, hand and life, but honestly it might take too long and i prefer not to run any tutors, so it's kinda hit or miss. Any other non-infinite suggestions?
It also doesn't help that my playgroup actually frowns a little on infinite combos. I think the 4 card combo that i discovered after adding all the pieces is convoluted enough to be appreciated. Then there's a lot of ways to get infinite turns with Magistrate's Scepter here too, but this can also easily be interrupted by artifact removal - even this may be too much for them though. I guess what I'm saying is that we mostly play for the fun and "doing our thing", less for the winning. I probably wouldn't play this deck in a competitive environment (but who knows!)
Also: I'm cutting solemn, but Jace, Cunning Castaway might be too meme-y, which walker do you think fits the bill best? I'm thinking
Jace Beleren: Party jace! cheap, draws cards, could be left alone if i draw the table cards
Tezzeret, Artifice Master: helps throne of geth, draws cards, has cool ult
Teferi, Temporal Archmage: untap can help our artifacts do double duty, is another walker to go infinite with chain veil and mana artifacts that produce 4 mana, has cool ult
Ugin, the Ineffable: helps control, builds boardstate, helps cast artifacts (and ugins/karns)
Sorin Markov: Drains slowly, can help table take care of archnemesis, resets the lifegain deck, has evil ult
I'm leaning towards teferi now that i realised it can help me combo (or at least proliferate more). Am i missing any good ones (that aren't Jace, the Mind Sculptor or Dack Fayden since those are too expensive)
PS: what's your stance on wilds/terramorphic: cut for basics or keep?
I agree with your take on what's likely to happen to me during a game but I don't think Force of Despair is the answer. It’s a decent card but i don’t think it helps us much:
It only takes care of creatures from 1 opponent, and only the turn they entered, making this feel more like a counterspell, less like a wrath or even regular removal. In that sense it’s somewhat like sorcery speed removal, which might even be better in this case because we can at least interact with all the threats since our previous turn.
It’s a free spell, it can’t be that bad, but i’m not sure it does what we need.
11 months ago
Luminous Bonds > Nahiri's Binding
1 Island > Sea Gate Restoration Flip
Juxtapose > Keening Stone
Legerdemain > Jace Beleren
Custody Battle > Blasphemous Act
Vedalken Plotter > Maddening Cacophony
Goblin Cadets > Jace, Memory Adept
Tolarian Winds> Windfall
1 year ago
Voici quelques changements ''budget'' que tu pourrais faire pour optimiser ton deck.
Carte à enlever
Carte à ajouter
1 year ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.