|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Tap: Target permanent becomes an artifact in addition to its other types until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||ironax , Lucretian , rockleemyhero , GatorMaximus13 , aeonstoremyliver , ZombieFood|
|Want (6)||ryaniskool , toxyxav , Chandelier , Talistan , bbtancakes , failurechild88|
Liquimetal Coating Discussion
1 day ago
Quick note: As much as I tested it (not so much) deck slow down significantly without Saheeli's tutor. Also I don't need many artifact to play with Whir of Invention, for example if first artifact I have on board is Liquimetal Coating then I just need 3 mana to cast Whir of Invention and if I have Altar of the Brood I need 4 to cast Liquimetal Coating. It's more but not much more. So I think I need only few 3-4 (preferalby 1 CMC) artifacts on mainboard except of 8 artifact that are combo pieces.
3 days ago
I really like it! If you played Whir of Invention, you'd be able to dedicate less slots to finding combo pieces and more to controlling the game since it can put both Altar of the Brood and Liquimetal Coating onto the battlefield at instant speed. Then you could play more cantrips, which would likely be enough for you to find Saheeli without needing Drift of Phantasms. Playing Whir would also mean playing more artifacts, but that seems like a good thing too since you'd be able to get value out of saheeli when you don't have the combo ready.
Also, it would be really cool if you could play like an unorthodox land destruction deck by playing maindeck artifact hate like Smelt and targeting their lands with Liquimetal Coating. I mostly suggest this because otherwise it seems like it would just sit on the battlefield doing nothing until you got the rest of the combo, this way it would help stall and create a favorable board state if the combo isn't available at the time. It's also jankier which is something I like.
Otherwise, I think it would be better to play Remand or Mana Leak over at least a few Dispel in the main. There are decks that don't even play any spells, so they'd do a better job at protecting you imo. Also some number of Surgical Extraction or something that exiles cards entering graveyards is necessary in the sideboard to take out Emrakul and other shuffle effects. While Reckless Fireweaver is a way to avoid that, it's fragile, plus if you go for playing Whir over Transmute cards (which is what I recommend) you won't be able to search it out.
The changes I suggested would require a major overhaul of your deck, but I hope you try them out cuz it would be really spicy if you did them. I might try making a version of your deck myself, actually heheheh
2 weeks ago
Also, by my count you've got like 11 cards that care about artifact permanents when it comes to e.g. destroying/stealing/copying/making indestructible and that's not even counting various effects that makes you sac an artifact maybe Liquimetal Coating? I realize it doesn't directly synergize with our commanders.
2 weeks ago
Thank you kamelyan for you suggestion ! I will definitely include Liquimetal Coating. I just realized how much potential you can get out of that with you commander on the board. I took a look at your deck and im gonna try to include the Crown of Empires Scepter of Empires and Throne of Empires synergy, which looks pretty interesting for commander. In combination with an Unwinding Clock and some mana rocks ofc to activate the abilities = Ouch :)
2 weeks ago
I have one really big problem with this deck! Where's Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker? If you are going for control or turning people against them nothing says that better than him! "Oh you played a Ulamog, that's cute. Now I played YOUR Ulamog! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
So I understand your theme, but I think you are going a little heavy on the theme and a little light on the execution. You have all these super expensive creatures with no way to cheat them out and not enough ramp in the deck.
Also just some card cuts I'd suggest:
- Thraximundar: Great commander, otherwise it's just too expensive
- Quicksilver Gargantuan: Just play Phyrexian Metamorph it's much cheaper and copies anything
- Prince Of Thralls: People will always pay the 3 life for any creature that is actually worth you bringing back
- Blood Tyrant: Too expensive
- Diluvian Primordial: I get it... But your assuming you're going to have a good target with this.
- Dragon Tempest: you don't have enough dragons to get value out of this
- In Garruk's Wake: Great card, too expensive, just run Damnation
Some card suggestions:
- Bribery: Just a better version of Primordial
- Disciple of Bolas: oh the flavor! Besides flavor, this is a solid card in your deck
- Wheel of Fortune: This is gonna be a much better card than Windfall because if you have no hand you still draw seven! Plus this can help you put a creature in the grave to Scarab God into play
- God-Pharoah's Gift: if you decide to play with all these high casting cost creatures the best way to cheat them out is grave recursion, and this is a free Reanimation every turn
- Liliana of the Veil: If you are going to play discard she is the best.
- Memnarch+Liquimetal Coating: Great combo and it would let you steal any permanent you wanted.
- Leyline of Anticipation/Vedalken Orrery: Since you are playing control, meaning you are holding up mana for turns on end, you should always be able to respond with any kind of answer including permanents not just counters
- MORE REMOVAL, LESS COUNTERS: what about the one time you tap out and you can't counter something? You need cards to deal with threats. Ex: Hero's Downfall, Vraska's Contempt, Doomblade
- MORE TUTORS!: You can't be a schemer(insert joker meme) without ways to make your schemes unfold when you want them too!
Just a few cards for ramp:
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Might I suggest Liquimetal Coating. It allows you to copy any of the creatures abilities with Kurkesh.
1 month ago
@ kamelyan Hey, those are some really cool ideas especially liked Liquimetal Coating and Arcane Lighthouse! Honestly never gave much thought to using Arcum to make others sac their creatures, GREAT IDEA!
Otherwise, I'm trying to streamline this deck and make it really cutthroat. I play in a casual but ultra competitive environment. Just a group of buddies trying to make the others rage as much as possible. xD I don't play this deck that often though, everyone would hate me...
Regardless, thanks for the suggestions will consider them all!