|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Common|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
When Trinket Mage enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Trinket Mage Discussion
2 days ago
Some cards you may want to consider.
- Deadeye Navigator will give infinite mana in combination with Peregrine Drake
- Oblivion Stone is a really nasty combo you can use with Sun Titan
- Felidar Guardian and Altar of the Brood is a good win condition with aminatou as Felidar Guardian can flicker Aminatou which then allows Aminatou to flicker Felidar Guardian, this causes infinite ETB's which will mill everyone at the table with Altar of the Brood out. Plus altar goes well with Trinket Mage which you are already running.
- I also believe you need more flicker effects so I highly recommend andy of the following; Restoration Angel, Venser, the Sojourner, Eldrazi Displacer, Eerie Interlude
- I am not a fan of Mana Leak in edh since it is very common to hold up lots of mana in the late game, I believe any of these counterspells are better while still being budget; Arcane Denial,Disdainful Stroke,Foil,Sinister Sabotage,Rewind and if you have a few dollars I highly recommend Swan Song
- And while I know this is a budget deck, I have to recommend Cyclonic Rift as it is undeniably the strongest blue card in all of EDH.
1 week ago
Well Dark Ritual seems kind of weak. I've seen a lot of mono black decks that can't make room for that card in this format and most of your deck is blue. You really want to focus on long term value in most cases.
Elixir of Immortality is also kind of weak in this deck. With a 100 card deck you're almost never going to deck out naturally. It just isn't going to happen. Even if you come up against a mill deck, which are rare, the good ones will usually mill you out in one turn with a combo. Even if they don't, they could end up milling the Elixir, and the five life isn't enough to make up for that either.
Ornithopter is also not enough value.
Magewright's Stone doesn't have enough targets and your commander's ability costs too much to make much use of it.
I also don't know about Crypt Ghast in this deck. He is only really good if you get your Urborg out and even then he only creates extra black mana which is far less useful than blue. Perhaps you could add in a Expedition Map to insure you get some value from him. You could also use something like Trinket Mage to insure you get the map or failing that, Sol Ring.
1 week ago
Good one from what I can see. I would love to play the deck you already have assembled. I have always liked Trinket Mage to find Walking Ballista, Tormod’s Crypt, or Sol Ring. Also you could target other cards like Hangarback Walker, Skullclamp, Sensei's Divining Top, or even artifact lands like Seat of the Synod. Some tutors I wouldn’t want to miss out on would be Final Parting and Diabolic Intent. Finally, if you go more towards the Reanimator theme, creatures that rock my socks off every time are Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Phyrexian Delver. The instants and sorceries in this theme I would consider are Dread Return and Victimize. That’s about it, I guess. Hope my suggestions help you find your way. Cheers and good luck!
2 weeks ago
Hi! congrats for the very nice primer!
2 weeks ago
Dual Shot and mainboard Electrickery are conditionally good but often bad. MBC seems really big online, now, and it's pretty dead against them. With eleven main-deck removal spells and a little more help post-board, I think the split is about as good as it's getting, in that regard.
The trilands would be useful, but also don't power up Skred. Hitting a Gurmag Angler at instant speed always feels nice. Between all the cantrips and Trinket Mage, I almost always find fixing to be passable; most games go as such that you really only need one source of the nonblue colors, which is much more forgiving.
I think the SB can be adjusted. Haven't seen Inside Out combo in ages. More sweepers or Pyroblasts might be in order. In general, I have favorable win percentages outside of Delver and stompy, but I'm not sure how much more we can realistically do to prepare for those matchups.
Thank you for the comment!
3 weeks ago
ForsakenxEDHx, true on the non-GY interaction. Was thinking Trophy Mage, as opposed to Trinket Mage, can get anything at 3CMC or less, which lets you get your Isochron Scepter, any of your mana rocks, or pretty much any of your toolbox artifact creatures.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
I have made the following cuts:
These are just preliminary cuts and adds. I see a lot more cards I want to put in the deck from your suggestions, but I am not sure what cards to cut for at least some of the following:
I don't have a specific outlet for the Peregrine Drake combo but both cards are super powerful in blink and getting infinte mana is always helpful:) Do you think I should work some outlets in for the possibilty of comboing off or is it not worth it?
Thanks again for all your help:)