All permanents are artifacts in addition to their other types.
All cards that aren't on the battlefield, spells, and permanents are colourless.
Players may spend mana as though it were mana of any colour.
|Have (3)||rockleemyhero , metalmagic , winterwind10|
|Want (5)||Negzero , EternalLineage , winterwind10 , killergerbil , jecder|
Printings View all
|Battlebond (BBD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Basalt Monolith + Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient + Mycosynth Lattice
- March of the Machines + Mycosynth Lattice
- Darksteel Forge + Mycosynth Lattice + Nevinyrral's Disk
- Energy Flux + Mycosynth Lattice
- Aura of Silence + Mycosynth Lattice
- Mycosynth Lattice + Saheeli, the Gifted + Tawnos, Urza's Apprentice
- Mycosynth Lattice + Rings of Brighthearth + Saheeli, the Gifted
- Basalt Monolith + Dross Scorpion + Dross Scorpion + Ethersworn Adjudicator + Mycosynth Lattice
- Mycosynth Lattice + Shatter
- Academy Ruins + Filigree Sages + Mycosynth Lattice
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mycosynth Lattice occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Mycosynth Lattice Discussion
3 days ago
In an EDH pod, we were down to 3 people. The person to my left was playing Oloro and had a Mycosynth Lattice and a Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge which he had just plussed for 22, and the person to my right had a Nevinyrral's Disk. I ended up winning at 1 life, by suspending a Greater Gargadon forcing my opponent to crack the Disk. Even with a 9 power attacker, however, it took 6-7 turns to kill the Oloro artifact player with combat damage, and was a Gut Shot away from losing the entire time.
4 days ago
I really think this deck needs more combos. I totally understand that Mogis is Commander, and is ASKING you not to combo so that you can slowly kill basically for free, but, if you look at competitive decks which do similar things, such as Vial Smasher/ Thrasios decks, they use the burn effect of Vial Smasher with cards such as Curiosity to gain card advantage - the burn has a dual purpose - drawing and card advantage. You can easily make the deck much better, doubling its efficiency, by giving your cards a dual purpose too. In this deck, that would mean preventing opponents from winning right away and from winning in the late game. That is the dual purpose. Mogis prevents losing in the late game already, everything else should be focused towards winning early, since you already have an advantage in the late game.
So, the 2 combos you already have are great. Mindcrank and Bloodchief Ascension, and then Karn, the Great Creator and Mycosynth Lattice. I think if you focus most of the deck on combos, and then a small portion on late game, you will be optimal.
Other good combos in Rakdos are, of course, Worldgorger Dragon, Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood, Waste Not and a higher number Wheel cards, more wheels combined with Mind's Eye and cards like Dark Ritual, Bloodghast and Contamination, and more that I can try and come up with.
I don't think that the deck is bad. I think that with a shift in direction, it can be even better.
4 days ago
5 days ago
Illuminated Epiphany is a bit op. I think going to the hand is better and fits the rarity better. It'd probably be banned for tutoring Blightsteel Colossus or Mycosynth Golem, or literally anything with Mycosynth Lattice. They look good though! Good job!
5 days ago
By the way, I have appreciated your help and recommendations. I like the idea of Alchemist's Refuge.
I did consider looking into the food sub-theme before. Now that I got a better feel for how the deck runs, I may just make that into another deck of it's own. But I'm definitely open to seeing how the cards you mentioned can work in this deck.
I'm also a long time edh player, so I assumed Prophet of Kruphix was banned in modern too, thankfully it's not. I love the idea of this card.
I realize this infinite combo would not work with Bubbling Cauldron since all that mana goes away when the turn is over, and Bubbling Cauldron wouldn't untap until the next upkeep with Unwinding Clock. Also I forgot Early Harvest only untaps basic lands. (This is why the combo was removed).
So it's a bit misleading of me infer a single cauldron could be used multiple times on my current turn. I have yet to find a combo that will enable this.
First idea that came to mind is Intruder Alarm and either Mycosynth Lattice or March of the Machines. Problem is i'd still need a way to get Festering Newt to etb from the graveyard, which Havengul Lich can do, but it costs 2 mana per cast, and 1 mana per cauldron ability. Really mana expensive.
6 days ago
- Liliana's +1 causes me to also discard. I don't particularly like this, as my deck is not designed for graveyard synergy. Setting myself back seems like a rather foolish endeavor.
- Liliana's -2 does not allow me control over the creature being sacrificed. While it is true that Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God can serve to act as a second attack against a boardstate, I lack the control over which threat is removed in general.
- Liliana's -6 is extremely powerful and is an impressive impact when using Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God, however I also run a gambit of wraths in the deck, making this ultimate rather weak.
- Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge gives all of my Planeswalker spells (And the few creatures I have in here) Affinity, meaning they each cost less for each artifact I control. This will help reduce my Commander tax, as Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God always seems to be a prime target for removal or attacking.
- Mycosynth Lattice and Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge have synergy in this regards, which gives me another reason to keep it in the deck. I currently run it for Karn, the Great Creator's ability to lock all functions out of the game, Saheeli, the Gifted now reduces all costs by an absurd amount and finally Dack Fayden allows me to take control of literally anything I want.
- Tezzeret's +2 not only is a higher loyalty ability that Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God can use to move up higher, it also deals damage to EACH opponent equal to the number of artifacts I control. Again, Mycosynth Lattice basically makes this a wincon, and even without it there are so many artifacts in this deck that this is a massive blow to each opponent. In the most ideal situation possible, Rings of Brighthearth, The Chain Veil, Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God and Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge can deal tremendous damage all in a single turn.
- In the case that something such as Rings of Brighthearth or The Chain Veil are removed, I can get them back using Tezzeret's -3. Not to mention I gain life, as well.
- There honestly isn't much use for Tezzeret's -8 ability and so it will probably never see use.
Because of the synergy, higher loyalty, cost reductions, wide-spread damage and life gain and recursion I see legitimately no reason to not run him.
1 week ago
Looks like Chromatic Orrery is banned. If it's card draw you want, mayhaps consider an Otherworld Atlas. If colors are a problem, try Mycosynth Lattice, it lets Memnarch steal anything your little heart desires anyway.
1 week ago
I'm going to try and find / make room for Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge under "Mass Impact" as his +2 can be extremely damning, especially if I use it in conjunction with Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God, The Chain Veil, Rings of Brighthearth, Tawnos, Urza's Apprentice and the especially Mycosynth Lattice.
I also want to try and see if Planebound Accomplice is worth including or not.