Creature — Faerie
Whenever Eye Collector deals combat damage to a player, each player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard.
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Eye Collector occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Eye Collector Discussion
2 months ago
These are just to name a few, which don't directly work with your strategy, and are more or less filler spots to create a playable deck. Consider swapping them for cards that work directly with your spellslinging strategy.
I would also consider bringing up the land count to at least 37. A deck like this is going to want to make land drops every turn, and that'll help. It feels bad making room for all the lands, but it is worth it.
5 months ago
Looks like it could be fun to play. I might replace Banehound with either Eye Collector or Serrated Scorpion. I like the idea of Aid the Fallen and Forever Young in the sideboard, maybe with Ob-Nixilus or Underworld Dreams so that if you are playing against a slower deck you just keep bringing back your 1-drops with deathtouch and let your opponent draw him-/her-self to death. +1
6 months ago
Take out Shinechaser and Eye Collector. They are low impact. You should replace them with either a good artifact/enchantment creature (preferably flying) or just a good artifact or enchantment. Even Solemn Simulacrum would be fine.
7 months ago
I playtested this a couple days ago and I definitely agree, Eye Collector milling after combat didn't help nearly like I thought it would. I have an alternate deck I was toying with that used Mire Triton, and I love that card. I think I'll replace the Eye Collectors with some copies of that instead!
7 months ago
I don't know if this will help or not, but I built a deck that does something similar: Traumatic Memories.
I am using cards like Narcomoeba and Creeping Chill for self-mill value; and cards like Necrotic Wound and Lotleth Giant can help bring longer games (which are generally bad for the deck's pilot) to a close.
I found Eye Collector isn't that great, since it mills after combat and the Devourer needs the trigger to happen before it swings/blockers phase. Also Mire Triton and Gorging Vulture help keep the life total high so you can basically ignore your opponent and keep swinging.
9 months ago
Sumradagnoth - Not at this time. Certainly could slot in over quite a few cards I have on my list. I haven't tweaked this deck in a while as I haven't been playing it much. There are quite a few cards that are crazy with Syr Konrad that I don't have slotted. Mesmeric Orb + Basalt Monolith, Living Death, Stinkweed Imp, Forever Young, etc. etc. I might make some changes once I get this deck back in my rotation (I have around 15 decks that I rotate in and out). I really enjoy how it plays currently though so changes might be quite a ways out. I'll certainly keep Eye Collector in mind though.
11 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 year ago
If you're struggling to get creatures in your graveyard to trigger Mausoleum Secrets , I suggest Eye Collector in the 1 drop slot over Pilfering Imp . It'll also work much better with your Syr Konrad, the Grim plan.
I have playtested quite a bit with Piper of the Swarm and I think he's just bad. As you said, the tokens dying does not have synergy with the rest of the deck. If this deck is based around "saccing" like the name implies, I would go with Priest of Forgotten Gods . But then you have to think about adding some more sac fodder to the deck. Gutterbones ?
I noticed you have The Haunt of Hightower in the sideboard, I think he synergies with the rest of your deck much better than Command the Dreadhorde . He will work really well with the Eye Collector/ Syr Konrad plan.