Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
2 months ago
Updated. Not sure for the better, but for sure plays into the win conditions.
- Utter End -> Detention Sphere : Slower but more enchantments
- Cyclonic Rift -> Swan Song : If I have that kind of mana, I should win the game. Rather have a counter.
- Cathars' Crusade -> Swiftfoot Boots : Let's protect Marneus Calgar, he's kind of important to us
- Flowering of the White Tree -> Lightning Greaves : Let's protect Marneus Calgar, he's kind of important to us
- Glorious Anthem -> Rings of Brighthearth : Let's enable the infinite mana combos
- Inquisitor Greyfax -> Phyrexian Altar : Need this bugger around for consistency of infinite mana combos
- Spear of Heliod -> Pitiless Plunderer : Supports Phyrexian Altar and general ramp.
- Hour of Reckoning -> Training Grounds : Makes combos easier. Helps survive early.
- Celestine, the Living Saint -> Basalt Monolith : Infinite with Rings of Brighthearth
- Reconnaissance Mission -> Mana Drain : Kind of nice counterspell
- Solemn Simulacrum -> Laboratory Maniac : Win condition on draw
- Company Commander -> Mana Crypt : Great ramp
- White Sun's Zenith -> Clever Impersonator : Let's create a backup copy of whatever needs the most redundancy.
- Vanguard Suppressor -> Greater Auramancy : We might as well protect those enchantments
- Commissar Severina Raine -> Propaganda : Too weak a redundant win condition. Let's be consistent here and protect the motherland instead.
2 months ago
Alright, this is very much taking shape. What I would like feedback on, are the follwing ideas
3: This probably takes the deck full competitive, and would push for less win conditions and more counter spells, and other cuts. The anthems provide some protection early game.
Drop the 5 anthems (Cathars' Crusade, Flowering of the White Tree, Glorious Anthem, Inquisitor Greyfax, and Spear of Heliod... I want to keep Marshal's Anthem for recurring Mondrak, Glory Dominus) and add more protection for Marneus Calgar amd or more infinite mana combos.
- Protection: Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves (2 cards, leaving 3 for infinte combos)
- Infinite mana: Not sure what the best configuration to add:
- Phyrexian Altar is only good enough with both Mondrak, Glory Dominus and Anointed Procession in play (8 tokens for , sacrifice 6 for another go, then infinite). Alternively it needs Training Grounds or Pitiless Plunderer in play. The later is a nice addition since it strenghtens Revel in Riches position in the deck.
- Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth for infinite mana. The monolith is pretty much only useful for this scenario, while Rings of Brighthearth can be used with Marneus Calgar and Ashnod's Altar for infinite as well. Also useful alone when just searching for answers with Marneus Calgar
- Other thoughts
- Laboratory Maniac should be added as win condition if I add more infinite combos. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
- Altar of Dementia could be a spiteful win condition as well. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
Advice please? Does this go full retard?
4 months ago
This looks great! Love the suggested Glorious Anthem and Gideon Blackblade. I would say Castle Ardenvale would fit right in aswell, Basri is a planeswalker after all. Angelic Gift, Defiant Strike, and Mindless Automaton all seem better to me than Oblation but I just have a thing against sacking my own things. I have a 60 card I'm looking to turn into an oathbreaker deck, so this helps a ton! Thanks!
4 months ago
Ana Sanctuary is on upkeep to one creature, you may be thinking of a different card.
If you have an anthem effect (Glorious Anthem or the like) the copy Ukkima, Stalking Shadow will be a 3/3 when it dies and will deal 3 damage from its trigger. Anthems have static abilities that apply at all times. There is never a time that a permanent is on the battlefield that it is not being affected by static abilities.
4 months ago
Welcome to the club, shellsh0ckn0w!
As wallisface and have mentioned, knowing how much money you're willing to spend and if you're aiming for a certain format are important. I'm also going to ask if there are any colors you want to use or avoid.
Looking at creatures with Evoke, there are seven with a toughness 4 or greater, and just two have an Evoke cost under 4 mana. If you include Evoke cards with a toughness of 3, there are many more useful options, but you're going to need an additional Glorious Anthem, +1/+1 counters, or similar effects to bring their toughness up to 4.
Cheap, high toughness creatures like Wall of Omens and Aegis Turtle can provide a strong defense as you build to a different win condition, or you can turn their toughness into offense with cards like Assault Formation and High Alert.
The card is definitely slow, probably too slow for any tournament-level Constructed format, but a solid control shell will mitigate that, and it can be sped up a little with sacrifice effects. Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim, Severed Strands, Korozda Guildmage (which is a pet card of mine), and other effects that give resources based on a creature toughness can help, as well as more general sacrifice effects like Village Rites.
Above all, have fun!
6 months ago
I'm a sucker for tribal decks in general and angels are just awesome.
A neat tech option could be Chancellor of the Annex to slow down some hyper aggressive strategies... besides that I feel like Serra the Benevolent needs to be here in some capacity.... mana for a Serra Angel that leaves a planswalker behind to then Glorious Anthem if she survives seems strong in angel tribal... at least the flavor is hard to resist lol (but I have my own personal bias I just love Serra).
6 months ago
@9-lives thank you for the kind words!
This deck is a passion project to be focused on Serra the Benevolent and thats why I'm running her at 3 copies. I know she isn't competitive but she is the focal point of the deck and the general brewing inspiration for my card choices.
playing a Serra Angel for mana that leaves a planswalker behind to Glorious Anthem with if she survives is very meh for Modern but im doing my best to have it work; even the Worship emblem isn't exactly an automatic win but sometimes it works and feels extremely satisfying.
I really wanted to have more burn spells in this list initially and ran a full playset of Lightning Helix in the mainboard but recently abandoned it altogether... as you were saying if I dropped the planswalkers and was more aggressive helix would come back; but with my decks gameplan I feel like I needed to have more for sideboard hate/removal because my LGS plays pretty powerful decks and its hard for a deck like mine to compete... currently is in here for Lightning Bolt for being a mainboard clock or essential removal for Goblin and aggro/prowess and a means to meaningfully interact with some opponents mana bases with Alpine Moon.
8 months ago
A really good card for Lathril decks is Chatterfang, Squirrel General. Chatterfang essentially doubles token generation and could essentially be a budget version of Parallel Lives when it comes down to it. Lathril is a really cool commander (who comes from one of my favorite sets/planes!) and has the potential to be built in a lot of different ways and power levels. Definitely a good pick!