Wrath of God
Destroy all creatures. They can't be regenerated.
|Have (5)||CampbellStev , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , gildan_bladeborn , IcyLightning ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- With mass removal do players choose the order in which the permanents are placed within the graveyard?
- Does Overload work with cards that have protection from X?
- Can I have precisions on Protection from X ?
- What happens to phases when a player looses?
- A question about using an ability in response multiple times
Latest Decks as Commander
Wrath of God Discussion
1 day ago
Notice how it does not say "destroy one or more", nor does it say "target".
If he has Indestructible, Wrath of God sees all creatures and thus he gets a +1/+1 counter for each one you don't control.
Same if you can pull off a mass exile effect, somehow. Though for that he may need to be in the +99 and in something such as Orzhov or Esper.
5 days ago
Hello. I have been studying Blink Brago Control for few weeks and I have to tell that I probably have found my place in MTG - I need to build this deck. The job that you had done is so good.. I'm gonna create my deck based on yours. Why ? Because your deck is IMO lacking some essential cards and OFC an UPDATE. Yep... you really need an update. Im casual player, any feedback is very appreciated. So I encourage everybody who is reading this to a discussion.
card draw / card selection
Rhystic Study - Every blue commander should play this, why don't we try - gives consistent draw to get more cards..
Mystic Remora - more draw..
Esper Sentinel - kinda new card in magic - gets consistent draw
Dig Through Time - Powerful because of delve.
Luminous Broodmoth - Mass removal - even more profit! more blinking!
Soulherder - Every blink deck, please. This enables to get more blinking triggers and payoffs at the same time.
Disallow - extended counterspell...
Trickbind - counter triggers sometimes are gold worth.
Dovin's Veto - One of the most powerful counterspells in magic. Guesss what. It's Azorius colors ;)
Path to Exile - classic
Lightning Greaves - protect commander
Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate - lets sacrifice it anytime we need...
Thran Dynamo - IMO really underappreciated mana base card.
Teferi, Master of Time - Isn't this a must-play in an BW deck now?
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria - Isn't it too much mana?
1 month ago
Slight correction: protection usually doesn't stop board wipes ( Black Knight can be destroyed by Wrath of God ), but protection does prevent damage, unlike Hexproof or shroud, so protection from red can stop red board wipes ( Kor Firewalker is unharmed by Blasphemous Act ).
1 month ago
Hour of Reckoning is another good wrath for this deck.
Zealous Persecution claps enemy 1 toughness creatures while buffing all your dudes.
1 month ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
2 months ago
2 months ago
One of the cards spoiled in Modern Horizons 2 inspired me to create a custom card that would be the color-shifted version of it. The card on the left is an official spoiler and the card on the right is my custom card inspired by it.
Thought Process Designing the Card
Sadly the card text isn't as neatly condensed as the other card. To have the card be white I had to change how the spot removal behaves, as white doesn't do spot removal unless there's a sort of "balanced" effect.
This meant I had to change the text accordingly, however this means I could no longer use the "Overload" keyword as it wouldn't make any sense. In this case I'd have to consider using a different keyword. I considered Channel, but Channel is an activated ability, not an alternate casting of the spell, which would make the effect seem too much like a Supreme Verdict due to being harder to counter an ability.
Evoke seemed like the easiest way to go about this, but that meant I'd have to make the spell a permanent of sorts. Because it was a permanent it also might have additional problems with being blinked or removed later, so I gave it shroud to mitigate this.
How the Card Works
But when Wrath is evoked it is sacrificed upon entering the battlefield. This causes its "Leave the Battlefield" effect to trigger first by putting it on the stack last. This creates a Cataclysm type effect for only creatures, meaning each player ends up with only one creature, but since the "Enter the Battlefield" effect triggers next, that means the remaining creature each player controls is now the strongest creature which ends up also getting destroyed, effectively creating the Wrath of God / Damnation type effect.
I'm interested on hearing feedback about my custom card idea and if it could be improved, (specifically reducing the amount of text on the card).
I think one solution would be to name the card "Judgment" based off of Day of Judgment . This would mean I could remove the "creatures destroyed this way can't be regenerated," clause as it appears twice and would help to free up much more space.
2 months ago
It'll stop anybody regenerating their creatures.