Dictate of Heliod
Creatures you control get +2/+2.
|Have (5)||IcyLightning , Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn , sonnet666|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Rare|
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dictate of Heliod occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Dictate of Heliod Discussion
1 day ago
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions, Gift of Estates is something that could really help in the deck and Marshal's Anthem is better than Dictate of Heliod because of the reanimation. The reason why Armageddon is in the deck is in case I did not use my Boros Charm yet to blow up everybody's land but mine since they would have indestructible, so it's kind of a troll. What would you replace for Faithless Looting or Thrill of Possibility ?
1 month ago
I think your deck could be improved if you included a few more value engines and/or tutors to get those engines. My problem with Mardu/Alesha generally is a lack of resources (cards and lands).
At a glance, the most important engine in your deck is Skullclamp . It's the card that makes your deck go off. Because of this, I think you should include things like Stoneforge Mystic , Steelshaper's Gift , Open the Armory , Enlightened Tutor , and Taj-Nar Swordsmith . Any of these would help to make your deck more consistent.
2 months ago
I like the deck. I have a question about a couple of card choices, however.
I see you have two counterspells, Force of Negation , and Spellstutter Sprite . In a counter-war, you will most likely not have sufficient ammo to get your spells through. At most, you'd have one of them in hand, two would be highly unlikely. If playing against one opponent with Blue that runs counterspells, you'll be in a bind, having to wait for him to tap out and hope he's not running either Force of Will , Force of Negation , or Pact of Negation with mana available to pay for the cost. Heck, a well timed Foil could also set you back.
Would you consider running other cards to those two? Or would you consider running more counter magic?
With my group, it's understood that if you run counter magic, you run the gamut of them; or you run nothing at all, especially with control colors of Esper. It's almost like it's required with this color combination (ironically, white also has Lapse of Certainty and Mana Tithe , so it can join the counter war while black runs Withering Boon which has surprised many a table).
If you're willing to add a more robust counterspell suite, I would consider removing your Auras in lieu for cards like Counterspell , Arcane Denial , Mana Drain , Flusterstorm , Force of Will , Narset's Reversal , Disallow , Pact of Negation , Swan Song , and if you run into many triggered or activated abilities in your meta, Stifle , Disallow , Trickbind , or Tale's End .
If you're not willing to add additional counters for protecting your spells, I would recommend getting more anthem/banner effects over Aura effects, like Archetype of Courage , Archetype of Finality , Archetype of Imagination , Bident of Thassa , Day of the Dragons (this flashed in at end of turn with a large fairy board could do some damage), Dictate of Heliod , Light of Sanction + Pestilence can wipe the board from other's creatures, leaving you an open field to swing and win; True Conviction , at triple White is too much, but you could consider it. You could also consider running Faerie Formation as a creature with a Training Grounds and a Valor in Akros on the field for a sudden card draw + creature pump and steal a win out of no where.
Heck, Path of Bravery won't net you much if you're only attacking with 1 creature every turn, but drop that and turn everything sideways when you have 20+ tokens, that's 20+ life right there on the swing. You don't have to even connect to gain the life. Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant can prevent damage to your creatures (which will help as well if you have a pestilence on the field). Drop a Karmic Justice as well, to give your enchantments a reason to not be destroyed. Consider running a Solitary Confinement if you have sufficient draw as well.
Simple suggestions, but otherwise, deck looks pretty sweet.
2 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
3 months ago
The one bit of advice I would give is to think of Alela like a slivers deck, in that each enchantment or artifact gives you a 1/1 body with an effect. From there, you can start making some objective decisions about what you want your "slivers" to look like. I've put together a rough draft myself that's a little heavier on the enchantress side, but here are some of the cards on my short list I don't see here:
Anointed Procession - Imagine a 1/1 Sliver for 4 that makes a token whenever you play a sliver. Would definitely make most casual sliver decks.
True Conviction - Hey, it's Bonescythe Sliver and Siphon Sliver in one! You get the idea.
3 months ago
Add: Metallic Mimic , Adaptive Automaton , Foundry Inspector , Scion of Oona , Grand Architect , Hushbringer , Rankle, Master of Pranks , Emry, Lurker of the Loch . Shinechaser , Cranial Plating , Throne of the God-Pharaoh , Notorious Throng .
Control: Utter End , Anguished Unmaking , Cyclonic Rift , Damnation , Swords to Plowshares , Path to Exile , Fate Forgotten , Return to Dust , Disallow , Despark , Generous Gift , Reality Shift , Supreme Verdict , Stolen by the Fae , Vindicate .
3 months ago
Vindicate is staple removal. Crush Contraband is often better than Return to Dust. Springleaf Drum has performed really well for me. Coat of Arms and Dictate of Heliod are some cards to consider over Cathars' Crusade if you really care about immediate impact.