Return to Dust
Exile target artifact or enchantment. If you played this spell during one of your main phases, you may exile up to one other target artifact or enchantment.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Return to Dust occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Return to Dust Discussion
1 day ago
It’s my main phase and I have a Nekusar, the Mindrazer and a Dream Halls in play. I cast Echo of Eons through dream halls, it resolves. Me and my opponents draw 7 cards and they get dealt 7 damage. Now, is it possible to cast all at once without passing priority Torbran, Thane of Red Fell and Day's Undoing through dream halls before my opponent cast Return to Dust through dream halls and thus doing 21 damage (7 new cards drawn)
Side note: with nekusar and days undoing, do you deal damage before you end the turn or does day’s undoing not work with nekusar?
3 days ago
Santiago1011, got your idea and agree - Well of Lost Dreams is better. And what about Darksteel Mutation , I've run in couple of situations when my opponents have simply sacrificed enchanted creature. I've tried Oubliette and it worked way better. Have you tried it? Also what about Disenchant or Return to Dust for some protection or slowing our enemies by destroying theirs mana artifacts?
1 week ago
The deck could use some more ramp options and fixing. Some budget format staples for this include Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , and Ash Barrens are all good cards to help you get the colors you need. For ramp, you're pretty much going to be stuck to artifact-based ramp, so Sol Ring , Rakdos Signet , Boros Signet , and Orzhov Signet are all good options for this deck.
I would also recommend upping your spot removal portion of the deck. You've got good wraths, but sometimes you don't need to blow up all of the things, especially if that would mean losing your own artifacts or enchantments. Return to Dust is very good. Even just a Disenchant could be a decent addition. Also just as fun synergy for creature removal, Crib Swap counts as a vampire spell, and so would give you a vampire token if you cast it.
You've got good card draw, but a couple other suggestions, Twilight Prophet is great for drawing extra cards and has obvious synergy, and Mentor of the Meek will let you draw cards whenever your commander makes a token (and speaking of, Anointed Procession will let you make twice the tokens)
Lastly I'd recommend Forerunner of the Legion since it's a solid tutor for this kind of deck.
My own Edgar deck isn't really refined since I built it a while ago, but if it's of any help, you can check out what's currently in it as well.
2 months ago
Hey, you have several good cards, but also quite a few that can be upgraded even on a budget.
Utvara Hellkite and Lathliss, Dragon Queen are two Dragon upgrades because they can be card advantage since they create Dragon tokens when Dragons attack or when nontoken Dragons ETB. Drakuseth, Maw of Flames has a powerful attack trigger. Knight of the White Orchid is a Knight upgrade since it can tutor for any Plains including Sacred Foundry or Mistveil Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
Changelings are Knights and Dragons. Taurean Mauler gets bigger when any opponent casts a spell. Mirror Entity has an ability to change all creatures you control power/toughness and give them all creature types. Depending on how much mana you have you can make your army of creatures huge power with Entity.
Before you make other improvements however my advice is to first improve ramp because when the cards you want to try to win the game with are high CMC such as Dragons then lots of ramp should a high priority. The idea is to have more ramp and less high CMC cards because you can easily cast ramp, but without ramp you can't easily cast high CMC Dragons.
- Sol Ring: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Arcane Signet: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Keeper of the Accord
- Knight of the White Orchid
- Boros Signet
- Jeska's Will: can be a fast way to cast both your Commanders or a high CMC Dragon in your hand if you target an opponent who has seven or more cards in hand.
- Dragon's Hoard: ramp and can be repeatable draw with Dragons.
- Talisman of Conviction
The next important thing to expand on is draw. The options for repeatable draw are slim in Boros therefore you want to instead count on cards that give you repeatable card advantage in other ways. Keeper of the Accord is an example of a new card from Commander Legends that's a card advantage engine for white in muliplayer Commander since he creates creatures if you're behind on creatures and/or is land ramp if you're behind on lands and he triggers on each opponent's turn.
- Sunforger: when people talk about Boros usually Sunforger comes up in the conversation because it's powerful equipment for repeatable card advantage. When it's equipped to a creature you can at instant speed pay two mana to unequipped to tutor for any white or red instant spell in your library that's 4 CMC or less and cast that spell for free. Sunforger package is an art form for Boros players. +4 power is a big pump when the creature has double strike or flying.
- Mask of Memory: repeatable draw, effects that trigger when you do combat damage to a player can trigger twice with double strike. If equipped creature isn't blocked then you hit the opponent your attacking twice to draw four cards and discard any two.
- Open the Armory: tutor for any equipment.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: tutor for any Dragon.
With Sunforger Mistveil Plains makes it better because you can put an instant in your graveyard back into your library to cast it again with Sunforger. Example of a Sunforger package of instants:
- Swords to Plowshares: exile a creature.
- Boros Charm: give all permanents you control including lands indestructible.
- Chaos Warp: remove a permanent including a land.
- Shields of Velis Vel: give all creatures you control all creature types.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: Dragon tutor.
- Brought Back: permanent reanimation.
- Unbreakable Formation: give all creatures you control indestructible.
- Return to Dust: exile up to two different artifacts or enchantments.
- Valakut Awakening Flip: draw.
- Akroma's Will: make all your attacking creatures real threats.
If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Commander league week 4 swaps
2 months ago
Land hate is awesome. Here's some suggestions you may or may not have considered...
Also, I've found that card advantage really helps in land destruction. With all of your equipment, you could try to include Sram, Senior Edificer, Danitha Capashen, Paragon and Puresteel Paladin. You could also get away with Howling Mine, for that matter, since your aim seems to be keeping your opponents from being able to cast anything they might draw from it.
And finally, you already have Vandalblast and Return to Dust, which are important because they eliminate opponents' mana rocks, but I think you could include more artifact hate. Demolish is good for that because it sticks with the theme.
These are suggestions only, not meant to redesign your deck. Happy gathering!
3 months ago
Anointer of valor has a great ability, but 6 mana is too high of a cost for a 3/5 creature, even with that ability.
Fall from favor should have been white, in my mind, because it would make more sense, from a flavor perspective, for that color.
Tuia bearclaw is nothing spectacular, but will be a nice support card for another general, in my mind.
Archelos is very nice, and I expect to see many decks with him as the general, and he obviously will be best when his controller can tap and untap him at will, such as with Freed from the Real.
WotC has posted an article with biographies of each new legendary creature in this set, so I shall post a link to it, here, so that, after the entire set is revealed and all cards are added to this website's database, I can easily update my list of commanders by home plane.
4 months ago
Cool deck! I wish the eldrazi processors (e.g. Void Attendant) were better since they interact with Anafenza in a fun way. Could be worth it for the memes though!
You might like these too: Lifeline, Ill-Gotten Gains, Living Death, Empty the Catacombs, Pyrrhic Revival, Twilight's Call, Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Dust to Dust, Return to Dust, Barrier Breach