Dragon Throne of Tarkir
Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has defender and ", : Other creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until end of turn where X is this creature's power."
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dragon Throne of Tarkir occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Dragon Throne of Tarkir Discussion
3 months ago
Thanks for the comment carpecanum!! Those are some good suggestions, I actually really like Dragon Throne of Tarkir I think thats super cool. Would be huge on Omnath, Locus of Mana! Im going to try and add some more creatures to the deck to really cement my board presence.
3 months ago
Strength of the Tajuru. If you are about to lose all your mana (because your boss died) convert it all to counters. Also good if you have tons of mana and somebody didn't block an elf.
Dragon Throne of Tarkir would be great if you were more creature heavy. As it is I'm not sure this would help much.
3 months ago
Just some thoughts Nissa Revane for life, or for a boost Blanchwood Armor, Blackblade Reforged, X factor Unbound Flourishing ..crowd dynamics Dragon Throne of Tarkir and Throne of the God-Pharaoh. Non Elf creatures might include Majestic Myriarch or Kalonian Twingrove
4 months ago
Some potential adds: Amaranthine Wall Angelic Wall Basilica Guards Bonded Fetch Colossus of Akros Consulate Skygate Doorkeeper Dragon's Eye Sentry Drift of Phantasms Charix, the Raging Isle Fog Bank Glacial Wall Golden Guardian Flip Grave Bramble Guard Gomazoa Jaddi Offshoot Kaijin of the Vanishing Touch Ludevic's Test Subject Flip Murmuring Phantasm Necropolis Order of the Stars Sprouting Phytohydra Steel Wall Sunscape Familiar Traproot Kami Tree of Redemption Wall of Hope Wall of Junk Wall of Kelp Wall of Nets Wall of Reverence Woolly Razorback Guard Duty Zephyr Net Belbe's Armor Dragon Throne of Tarkir Peregrine Mask
5 months ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
5 months ago
We thank you for your comment and your enjoyment in reading our Bible!
The cards listed are more tailored to a build of The Wallmaster that is far more combat-based.
Assault Formation is a great mana sink for a finisher turn, being able to buff all our walls up very quickly and performing an alpha strike. We use High Alert instead, as it acts as a combo piece with Axebane Guardian and enough defenders.
This could be good for the list due to it being easily grabbed by Muddle the Mixture, but as of yet there's no space.
Shifting Wall is actually pretty viable for our list, acting as a secondary Shield Sphere, at least CMC wise, for a free draw with Arcades. The issues are the bad interaction with Cloudstone Curio, or moreso, the lack of interaction, and the fact that we need to put at least 1 mana into it to make it stick. It could be useful in an Intruder Alarm wall-spam turn, however.
Dragon Throne of Tarkir is a power-matters card, which we can't commonly see being higher than 3. However, it is very powerful on those big, swingy turns.
Our deck looks for combo over damage, we may build a more 'restrained' Bible sometime, which is more based on beating face. If that comes, the Throne is in.
5 months ago
Back in 2016, I had a lot of fun making an eldrazi-themed deck with Assault Formation. Seeing Arcades inspired me to make my own deck, as this whole "defenders matters" deck was always fun; Had a lot of fun reading through this! I like Shifting Wall myself as a flexible sink, and in an early build but much less competitive a card by comparison, Necropolis made for fun finishes, and for less competitive but still useful matters, Dragon Throne of Tarkir has helped me in the past. I am sure you have gone through these and find them unappealing, most likely, but I could simply not pass by here, read it all and enjoy it without saying anything at all. Keep it up!
5 months ago
I've got a few suggestions for your deck. But before I say anything, I wanna say great job! Some cards that would fit great in here are Goblin War Drums, Dragon Throne of Tarkir, and Emblem of the Warmind as a cheaper and more efficient Haste enabler. I don't have a Krenko Commander Deck, But I do have a Krenko, Mob Boss/Marrow-Gnawer deck. You can go check out some other cards that might fit in the deck there.