As long as Winter Orb is untapped, players can't untap more than one land during their untap steps.
|Have (2)||eryops ,|
Combos Browse all
- Loxodon Gatekeeper + Winter Orb
- Orb of Dreams + Winter Orb
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar + Winter Orb
- Nature's Will + Winter Orb
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Winter Orb occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Winter Orb Discussion
1 day ago
To your point, I definitely appreciate that you're going "budget" with it. That's the very reason why I built it. Our playgroup is trying to stay with $200-400 deck prices.
So this deck was a perfect starting point that I could buff up just a bit (it was already really strong and overhwhelming with tokens!).
Honestly, I just dont know what I would take out and replace.
Any ideas on what else I could cut to make room for the last few additions? Thanks!
1 day ago
Curious as to what everyone thinks about the new set both power wise and flavor wise. Just for fun rate your top 5 picks for the most powerful cards and top 5 picks for flavorful/favorite cards. Of course they can over lap.
All of the magecraft cards...cause we all know Chain of Smog is going to be a thing.
Plumb the Forbidden - aristocrats players are going to love this! However, I'm not sure what the floor is for this card; the ceiling is very high though.
Fervent Mastery - well 4 or 5 mana is a bit steep at sorcery speed but god dang that's a lot of value RNG aside.
(This isn't in any particular order)
1) Rushed Rebirth - it doesn't even have to be you own creature! I see this going into any Birthing Pod /Evolution deck that can run in aswell as just being a snap include in things like Meren and Muldrotha. Hell, any BG deck will probably want this if they're running creatures.
2) Galazeth Prismari - now I know some of you are thinking this is just a worse version or Urza but this dragon still has a strong bit. Having red in its' color identity opens us up to shenanigans with Dockside Extortionist . Also, it can break parity with cards like Winter Orb which I'm sure if you've played against that type of strategy you know how infuriating it is.
3) Beledros Witherbloom - essentially a "free" spell at the cost of 10 life. Makes token fodder for things like Contamination but it's that untap "all" lands you control once each turn that's got my gears turning. Now, I doubt it'll outclass frog but it definitely opens golgari up to some big mana ridiculousness. Honestly surprised canal coffers hasn't spiked.
4) Ecological Appreciation - card is just value town city but we already have other similar cards that don't see much play. This just looks very breakable.
5) Solve the Equation - it's a tutor!
1) ink sheild - I love the art and love that it's a proactive fog! I hope for more cards like this in the future.
2) Yedora, Grave Gardener - they just keep printing cool things to verse 5 for, for Yisan. Granted I think this belongs in the 99 of decks that can blink lands but it's a very cool design space.
3) Rushed Rebirth - I just think this card will set up some really interesting plays
4) Shadrix Silversquall - so one of my favorite play styles in casual is king maker and the alternate art is just awesome
5) Magma Opus - obviously not a fan of this in commander but I can see this being super busted in a pioneer deck with fat caster mage - Torrential Gearhulk even though pioneer is dead at my lgs :( still think it'd be a lot of fun.
1 day ago
Chats Wow thats awesome, really happy that someone else has made the deck! Ive won overall 6 out of 8 games now which ain't bad at all for a deck only £100 against other decks coming closer to £500 (did have to work for it though).
I can definetly see why you would add grave pact, personally I find it to be a bit intense on the swamps which highlights one of the decks problems of a lack of dimir ice lands. If you have issues with this I might recommend Dictate of Erebos as it also allows you to flash it in so you could keep your mana open for a counterspell on opponents turn ( also as it has flash, Mystical Teachings can search for it at instant speed).
Winter Orb might be viable because the deck has a few mana rocks and plays a slower game compared to some decks I played recently. I think it would be worth adding even more mana rocks however if you take that approach. In additiion should you want to have all your lands untap on the next turn you could use Compelling Deterrence to return to hand on your turn (careful of the discard though)
1 day ago
I built this deck two weeks ago (whenever it was on Front Page), and I've played it now at 2 game sessions with my group.
It does pretty well, and I'm looking forward to see what changes you make and additions I add to my own.
What do you think about adding Grave Pact , so this way you can just swing out with all of your zombies and get some value for the ones that die?
Also, thoughts on Winter Orb once you have a huge board state of Tokens?
4 days ago
Some suggestion's I have for this deck are: Balefire Dragon , Combat Celebrant , Goblin Guide , Inferno Titan , Urabrask the Hidden , Fiery Emancipation , Helm of the Host , Mirage Mirror , Winter Orb , Jeska's Will , Ancient Tomb , Hall of the Bandit Lord , Homeward Path , Strip Mine and Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon
4 days ago
Some suggestions I have are Balefire Dragon , Combat Celebrant , Goblin Guide , Hellkite Charger , Hellkite Tyrant , Helm of the Host , Mirage Mirror , Winter Orb , Aggravated Assault , Fiery Emancipation , Ancient Tomb , Hall of the Bandit Lord , Homeward Path , Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep , Strip Mine and Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon
6 days ago
Some Suggestions: Goblin Guide , Inferno Titan , Port Razer , Scourge of the Throne , Winter Orb , Jeska's Will , Fiery Emancipation , Homeward Path , Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle , Strip Mine , Ancient Tomb , Treasonous Ogre , Command Beacon
6 days ago
Some suggestions Include: Goblin Guide , Hellkite Charger , Hellkite Tyrant , Scourge of the Throne , Urabrask the Hidden , Winter Orb , Aggravated Assault , Fiery Emancipation , Hall of the Bandit Lord , Ancient Tomb , Homeward Path and Strip Mine