|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer
: Target artifact creature's controller sacrifices it. That player may search his or her library for a noncreature artifact card, put it into play, then shuffle his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||rebelteddybear , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , MyTotoro , kaboomeow , CampbellStev , zachi , Azdranax , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Fooo|
|Want (11)||indiefan , Dadaman11 , jaimegomez27 , Drael , STYKE , sleepy104 , Turtlelover73 , kvfd1719 , Mrbiscuit22 , Radish , bbtancakes|
Arcum Dagsson Discussion
4 days ago
Arcum Dagsson is one of the most dangerous commanders in the game, you will probably be targeted first in every game if you use him against experienced players.
Breya, Etherium Shaper gives you access to most of the colors you want and can act as an alternate Win-Con, but doesn't threaten to end the game before it really begins.
All the Nonland Cards with Urza in the name probably won't do much for you and most of the vehicles would be better off as mana rocks like Basalt Monolith, Gilded Lotus and the Ravnica Signets. Plus if you're using those Paradox Engine is a really strong addition.
1 week ago
For competitive EDH with an artifact focus, there’s no better commander than Arcum Dagsson. I’ll use my deck as a reference, as I’m partial to it, but with mono-blue you can make it much more control heavy as needed within your meta.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 53 | 13 COMMENTS | 3848 VIEWS | IN 12 FOLDERS
1 week ago
A)Play a artifact creature.
B)Sac it to find Paradox Engine.
C)Play second artifact creature to untap Arcum.
D)Sacrifice it to find Citanul Flute.
F)Use Flute to find zero drop creatures like Memnite for lots of free Arcum taps.
H) finally go get Walking Ballista play it for a stupid amount and kill the table by removing the 1/1 counters
I run 0 to 2 cmc creatures.
1 week ago
Something you don't have calls out to several of your cards (i.e. volt key, brighthearth rings, omen clock, and divining top.) It wants to be abused. It's name is Paradox Engine. Infinite draw with the top is so disgustingly beautiful. The combo is extremely flexible because the clock, rings, and volt key are all valid substitutes for one another. The objective is to get two instances of the top's drawing ability on the stack so you draw your new card plus the top itself. Cast the top again, and every nonland permanent you tapped in the entire process (e.g. mana vault/basalt monolith) becomes untapped. Do it all again. The best part is that the Paradox Engine untaps your mana rocks, so infinite mana may become an unintentional, but useful, byproduct of this interaction. While not as impressive as true infinite draw, Paradox Engine + Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain is still an insane draw engine, and will get you very far, very quickly.
Arcum Dagsson, Merchant's Dockhand, Cloud Key, Myr Retriever, Junk Diver, Summoning Station, Intruder Alarm, Blasting Station, Altar of the Brood, Staff of Domination, Battered Golem, Unwinding Clock, and Vedalken Orrery are all great cards. Put the Nevy's Disk back in there too. Switch out Feedback Bolt for Vandalblast. Mycosynth Lattice lets Vandalblast sweep away everyone's stuff and leaves your stuff untouched when cast for the Overload cost. Even though it's a sorcery, the effect, for the same mana cost as the Bolt, is way better. People will often concede because of it.
The final thing I want to add is that Tolarian Academy has been brought into Commander from the banned list, in a rather unexpected way: Storm the Vault. It flips into what is essetially Tolarian Academy. In artifact decks, it flips the turn it's played about 80% of the time, making it a must-have for almost any Breya deck.
1 week ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
3 weeks ago
This is really cool, you can gain control of all the best stuff. :) If your looking for cards that can search for Helm of the Host I suggest any of the fallowing: Reshape, Arcum Dagsson, Open the Armory, Steelshaper's Gift, Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention and even Stoneforge Mystic if you have one already. I just think you need more cards that can search for Helm of the Host. :)
3 weeks ago
Not sure what kind of budget you might be working with but, some suggest would be Scroll Rack for better control on what you dig out with Muzzio; Arcum Dagsson for fast non-creature artifact cheating; and Rings of Brighthearth (with the inclusion of Basalt Monolith) for double digging with Muzzio.
1 month ago
Consider getting a Gilded Lotus. It just got reprinted so, it's $3 or so now, a Thran Dynamo, a Mind Stone, and a Hedron Archive, for rocks. For lands, Isolated Chapel, Dragonskull Summit, and Clifftop Retreat, to finish up your check lands, add some filter lands too(Graven Cairns and the like), for options besides the obvious fetch/shock/ABU duals. Definitely put in the Supreme Verdict. The deck has no boardwipes, in fact, the deck also lacks in good removal too. Anguished Unmaking and Utter End are auto-includes in any deck in Black and White, and so is Merciless Eviction. Other options include Go for the Throat, Cast Down, Settle the Wreckage , Decree of Pain, and Wrath of God/Damnation. As for other includes, the fact that Grand Architect in in the deck means that Pili-Pala should be as well. Darksteel Forge should be included as well as Arcum Dagsson, Thopter Spy Network for free thopters every turn(and free tutors with Arcum), Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle to open up new combo lines, extra card draw like Thoughtcast, also definitely include Jhoira. That's where I would start with improving the deck. I see the beginnings of a solid deck here though. Good job.