Combos Browse all Suggest
- Narset, Parter of Veils + Wheel of Fortune
- Smothering Tithe + Underworld Breach + Wheel of Fortune
- Jeska's Will + Underworld Breach + Wheel of Fortune
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Wheel of Fortune
Each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.
Octrate on It's Tough to be Xenagod
1 month ago
Hey, thanks for the comment hobosss!
At the moment, I’m not looking at any changes from March. I was briefly looking at Invasion of Ikoria Flip or maybe Etali, Primal Conqueror Flip, but as of yet, don’t really have many cards I’d want to cut for them. For others, it’s probably a fine substitution for a Wheel of Fortune or Time of Need (especially for those not running Embercleave + Godo, Bandit Warlord ).
Thanks again for your comment!
Profet93 on Artificially Activating Artifacts All Afternoon
2 months ago
+1 for the amazing alliteration, as always.
Ugin, the Ineffable/Cost reducer + Sensei's Divining Top + mystic forge = Draw your whole deck
Ancient Tomb - Ramp
Wheel of Fortune/Wheel of Misfortune - Draw, fun with mind's eye
Chaos Warp - Removal
sylvannos on Hoax Storm v2
3 months ago
To start with, there's a few cards that have better Vintage equivalents. Overmaster and Spell Pierce should be the 3rd. and 4th. copies of Force of Will. Leftover space from cutting those can be Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast, or Flusterstorm. You don't need Faithless Looting because we have Paradoxical Outcome, Sensei's Divining Top, Gush, Dig Through Time, Treasure Cruise, and Brainstorm to choose from. Merchant Scroll also belongs in here, because you can use it to grab Ancestral Recall at the very least. Usually you want it to make sure you have protection in hand by grabbing countermagic.
Library of Alexandria isn't good in this deck. And you're not the type that needs 8x sources, so Steam Vents can go, along with a few copies of Volcanic Island (1 or 2). Replace all of these with four copies of Scalding Tarn and basic lands. Or even just play 6x fetches. You need to be able to shuffle after using Brainstorm, Ponder,and Sensei's Divining Top.
From here, you have a solid U/R Storm shell. However, I wouldn't play straight "Modern U/R Storm, but Power 9" dot dec. 2 mana is a lot for Goblin Electromancer, there are easier ways of winning than Grapeshot, and so on. The question then becomes "Where to go from here?"
- Paradoxical Outcome is just the nuts. By bouncing moxen and cheap artifacts, it's a ritual (since you can replay everything for , untapping it all) and it's a draw spell. However, Paradoxical Outcome requires Mox Opals, Lotus Petal, Lion's Eye Diamond, etc. so you'll have to cut rituals (likely Seething Song). The upside is you get an extremely powerful engine that can often end the game with a single Paradoxical Outcome.
- Thassa's Oracle is the new hotness for Vintage combo cards. You can win the game by casting Brain Freeze on yourself, then casting Thassa's Oracle. It also opens up more combos using Demonic Consultation and Doomsday. Sometimes you've just drawn a bunch of cards and have ~3 cards left in your deck.
- Tinker is too good in Storm not to play it. You're either getting Memory Jar, Bolas's Citadel, Time Vault (Voltaic Key is already good in Storm when combined with Mana Vault and friends), or a random wincon like Sphinx of the Steel Wind boarded in for game 2. Bolas's Citadel will essentially flip the top half of your deck into play.
- You can also play draw 7s (Wheel of Fortune, Timetwister, Memory Jar, Diminishing Returns) in combination with Narset, Parter of Veils and Hullbreacher.
- Mana Drain is good, but you may find it too slow if you make any of the above changes. It definitely does more work in a more control-oriented Storm deck with Narset, Parter of Veils, Dack Fayden, Grim Tutor, etc.
- Lastly, there's the question of Underworld Breach, Yawgmoth's Will, Monastery Mentor, or some combination of these. Underworld Breach will mean you can stay in two colors. Playing black for Yawgmoth's Will allows you to play Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Necropotence, Doomsday, Tendrils of Agony, and hardcasting Bolas's Citadel. Monastery Mentor both scales up and goes sideways. A single token is enough to kill someone combined with Paradoxical Outcome or a draw 7. Monastery Mentor is like casting Tarmogoyf and Empty the Warrens for three mana and one card.
Hope this helps! Welcome to MtG's oldest and greatest format.
The_Biking_Viking on Mono Red Mid Range CEDH
6 months ago
Think you need some more card draw. Faithless Looting Winds of Change Wheel of Fortune Wheel of Misfortune Also these could be good includes Abrade Walking Ballista Splinter Twin. Maybe some of the rituals for fast mana if that becomes an issue Pyretic Ritual Seething Song
faustodemambo on The Ur-Dragon, quest for 100%
7 months ago
Moat I have asked my playgroup beforehand if they where fine with me playing it and they didn't mind. As I'm the target of most removal I need some protective pieces and this card does wonders. I don't see it leaving this list soon
Purphoros, God of the Forge should leave this list, I'll get Kaalia of the Vast back in. He has been doing a very good job but not as good as the other pingers
Draconic Muralists is also a protective piece as my board gets wiped a lot. It helps me rebuild faster, but so would Black Market Connections. I'm just afraid that I don't have the hp to afford it as I only have 1 lifelink effect in the deck in Scion of Draco. Demonic Tutor is probably what should go in
as for Wheel of Fortune I'm toying around with either wheel or Greater Good. And I'm still not sure on which one to play. Black Market Connections could also take its place but again 6hp is a lot with only 1 lifegain effect. I'm playing wheel right now as its nice to have a way of resetting your entire hand
If I'm playing Black Market Connections I'll probably make room for Whip of Erebos or a nother card that gives all my creatures lifelink
BPWyndon on The Ur-Dragon, quest for 100%
7 months ago
I would say that any pick would be a lateral move. I like Kaalia of the Vast because she drops early, you could probably get more dragons out with her early game compared to Morophon, the Boundless or Ramos, Dragon Engine, but those guys would be a lot better late game. Having never played or seen the deck played I don't know how fast it is, just from looking at it, it looks mid-range, so Kaalia, theoretically, would help get dragons out and attacking faster. Draconic Muralists seems like an expensive tutor with a hurdle to jump through, he could be a potential cut as well, I get he is a dragon that ticks the tutor box but I think I would rather have Demonic Tutor. Moat I have never seen this played but something tells me your friends hate you when you play it, potential cut to make games more fun for your playgroups, also its a big scary dragon deck why hide behind a fort (that price tag definitely makes you want to play it though). Your commander is already a reliable draw engine, maybe cut Wheel of Fortune, the rest of your draw spells are on point. The last thing I can think is maybe Purphoros, God of the Forge, with only 33 creatures and a couple of token generators, has he been putting in enough work?
Aside from that I recommend Black Market Connections, draw, ramp and gives you a dragon token all for the low low cost of 6 life.
IHATENAMES on The Maraxus Molotov
8 months ago
Glad to see it's working well. It's such a synergy focused deck that has many different parallel plans. Looks fun as hell to pilot.
Imposing Grandeur is such a wierd card. Would suck in most of my decks but here it's a less equal Wheel of Fortune. Ends up suprisingly good considering people mostly play mostly low cmc commander's. Me included.
But I still don't know where to tell you to cut. But here are some ideas. As you have piloted it maybe you can figure out what is better.
The deck is gotten to the point it's full of gas. Id suggest not cutting the pump spells. Cutting down some of the pump spells might be ok but you only have a few and the keldon cards best hit in practice will probably be literally a tutor for one of them to use a Fling effect in hand after blocks/combat.
Now I'd we take it like that. For now. How about replacing Outpost Siege with the Keldon Flamesage take it as a card draw slot? It might be bad 50% of the time.
Do we take enlist as a Fling esc effect and replace Heart-Piercer Manticore or Grab the Reins perhaps.
Or is Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs or Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith not pulling enough weight perhaps and you want a different effect. Maybe more so does the rocks help. Does kazul come into play early enough to matter
Squee_Spirit_Guide on Dingus Tribal
9 months ago
Andramalech That is so true! If Wizards creates more support for the Dingus I'll definitely open the deck up beyond 1999 :) Although, since they last printed a Dingus in 1997 I'm not holding out much hope...
Early on the deck was just and I had some discard like Hymn to Tourach. I kept finding that the land destruction meant my oponent was more likely to have a lot of cards in hand, so I added Black Vise as a finisher and just focused on finding the combo pieces.
You've got me thinking though... I can see a version that uses Megrim and things like Wheel of Fortune and Memory Jar to force mass discard so the damage stacks up quickly. Land destruction could help make sure my opponents have plenty to discard. That would be less Dingus-focused, but probably a better deck :)
|Have (2)||QuestionMarc , frankie63138|
|Want (13)||fibion101 , Jhiaxus , idioteque , Amaterasu312 , SaveTheDolphins , TheVirtualNomad , Crulo , pok799 , Wreckquiem , Jestahj , theyounghansolo , Kildrax , Jerv|