Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Multikicker (You may pay an additional any number of times as you cast this spell.)
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
When Marshal's Anthem enters the battlefield, return up to X target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of times Marshal's Anthem was kicked.
proterran98 on Yenna
1 month ago
Question 1: I have Yenna, Redtooth Regent in play. I use her ability to copy Legion's Landing Flip. I then attack with three creatures. Does the token transform? If so does it die immediately because it’s a legendary, or is the flipped side not legendary due to yenna?
Question 2: I have played Marshal's Anthem and kicked one time a previous turn. I then use Yenna’s ability. Can I pay the multi kicker? Does the token remember the one time it was kicked used the previous turn?
5 months ago
Alright, this is very much taking shape. What I would like feedback on, are the follwing ideas
3: This probably takes the deck full competitive, and would push for less win conditions and more counter spells, and other cuts. The anthems provide some protection early game.
Drop the 5 anthems (Cathars' Crusade, Flowering of the White Tree, Glorious Anthem, Inquisitor Greyfax, and Spear of Heliod... I want to keep Marshal's Anthem for recurring Mondrak, Glory Dominus) and add more protection for Marneus Calgar amd or more infinite mana combos.
- Protection: Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves (2 cards, leaving 3 for infinte combos)
- Infinite mana: Not sure what the best configuration to add:
- Phyrexian Altar is only good enough with both Mondrak, Glory Dominus and Anointed Procession in play (8 tokens for , sacrifice 6 for another go, then infinite). Alternively it needs Training Grounds or Pitiless Plunderer in play. The later is a nice addition since it strenghtens Revel in Riches position in the deck.
- Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth for infinite mana. The monolith is pretty much only useful for this scenario, while Rings of Brighthearth can be used with Marneus Calgar and Ashnod's Altar for infinite as well. Also useful alone when just searching for answers with Marneus Calgar
- Other thoughts
- Laboratory Maniac should be added as win condition if I add more infinite combos. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
- Altar of Dementia could be a spiteful win condition as well. Seems unnecessary, but could replace other conditions. Are there any compelling arguments?
Advice please? Does this go full retard?
9 months ago
I'd love to run Savage Beating, but the lack of haste for swinging with new dinos puts me off. Though I also feel like if you're playing savage beating, you're aiming to win that turn, so it's a good finisher, especially with how big the dinos can be.
9 months ago
Marshal's Anthem has one me games but is heavy on white
Play it late game, kick it 4 times and win
9 months ago
Green has lots of stuff like Noxious Revival and Bala Ged Recovery Flip that can get your Shivan out of the graveyard, and as I've pointed out there are some White cards that let you reanimate it if it's dead (or iirc take it out of exile if someone exiles it, with Pull from Eternity).
I looked up to see if there were some more decent White reanimator effects, there is Karmic Guide (also provides a blocker), Defy Death (pretty bad), Invoke Justice (better but how do you cast this!), Enduring Renewal (really, really janky), Second Sunrise (very situational), Angelic Renewal (seems good), Breath of Life (solid), Cleric Class (mana hungry/low synergy with deck), Elspeth Conquers Death (maybe?), False Defeat ($$$), Late to Dinner (good), Marshal's Anthem (mana!), Miraculous Recovery (good), Resurrection (fine), Reya Dawnbringer (so much mana). There is probably a few more, but here is a starting point, I think with your Commander the Sorcery ones make a lot of sense, but a creature that can repeatedly reanimate Shivan seem like better fits but I don't know how annoying it will be to Egg into them.
1 year ago
I have replaced Marshal's Anthem with Smothering Tithe, since this is a control deck, not a combat-oriented deck, a change that did not change the deck's average converted mana cost, but did decrease the overall number of colored mana symbols in the casting costs of its spells.
1 year ago
griffstick, Command the Dreadhorde is an awesome card, but it does not remotely fit the theme of the deck that I am discussing, so I deliberately am considering cards that are different from Marshal's Anthem.