Legendary Creature — Faerie Wizard
When Vendilion Clique enters the battlefield, look at target player's hand. You may choose a nonland card from it. If you do, that player reveals the chosen card, puts it on the bottom of his or her library, then draws a card.
|Want (3)||redhq , StormTwenty , Darui|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||mythic rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Vendilion Clique Discussion
3 days ago
I think its not a very intuitive idea, and not in line with how many people would typically play magic. I am not thinking of utilizing Wayward Guide-Beast as a turn 1 play though. I dont think any decks can really support that.
The plan is to get it out on turns 3, 4, or 5 play to give you mid to late game card selection and a clock. Something else to keep in mind is that when compared with other delver cards like Nimble Obstructionist and Vendilion Clique (which would probably get played more if it werent for Lava Dart, Wrenn and Six, and other ping cards), they put out the same amount of damage within three turns of when theyre played. Basically the clock is on par, though a lack of evasion is worrying. Being one mana also makes playing it less of a risk/commitment to cast than normal threats though.
One thing to note though is that the clock gets a lot faster when you are bouncing and replaying certain lands that the deck might play, like Teetering Peaks.
The only thing is that it is a trade-off. This synergy may just be only ok, since you are essentially limiting yourself to 3 or 4 mana per turn. Definately should be tested though in my opinion.
Other ideas I forgot to mention was locking up mana with Quicksilver Fountain. This is probably just bad compared to bloodmoon, but notably this card allows you to have your landfall synergies and also can help fix your mana. Also all the lands stay as islands after the fountain dies, so thats funny.
There's a lot of ways that you could use Wayward Guide-Beast, but in landfall zoo I think Id rather play 4 Elvish Reclaimer before the first Wayward Guide-Beast first because Elvish Reclaimer can help make multiple landfall triggers every turn, its bigger, and you can get a land toolbox kind if thing going with the card where the guide beast doesnt really scale well unless youre keeping the board clear (why Im interested in trying delver). But idk. Its all speculation.
Anyways, Im going to make a test list and just see how or if it even works. Lots of testing to do.
Thanks for the comment.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Necropotence triple black scares me a bit, but I am trying to fit in another card draw source that doesn't break the bank. I'm trying to get my friend into the game and we opened a mystery booster box together and I picked out a few ones to keep and gave the rest to him. Really regretting saying "well, everyone should have a rhystic study" now!
I do want one of the cliques, I just don't know what to cut. I'm sure I'm way too committed to flavor and that both puppeteer and Vendilion Clique are probably better than Rankle, but Rankle's mentioned on Alela's card! Can't take him out lol. Interesting ninja idea.
1 month ago
I play edh normally but i do play Brago, King Eternal as my main squeeze. I feel like if you wanted you could play around with Reveillark and Supreme Verdict since alot of the creatures are below that 2 power. Im not sure how well Thassa, Deep-Dwelling does in this format but if you decided to add the Vendilion Clique thassa would really enjoy the devotion between those and Venser. Thassa also gives you that Indestructable if you swapped to supreme verdicts while keeping a Conjurer's Closet effect on the board and a mana sink in a worse case scenario.
1 month ago
- This reminds me of some jeskai builds.
- Venser, Shaper Savant Brazen Borrower Snapcaster Mage Vendilion Clique help provide a clock as well as help your deck.
- Wall of Omens is great card draw and helps keep you alive vs aggro decks
- Lightning Helix is also great to get on scepter, it heals and deals.
- Being your heavy on blue Force of Negation really helps
- Path to Exile is also really good here
- Celestial Colonnade is a tempting land it filters and is a win con on its own.
- Field of Ruin can also really set your oppunets back while you set up.
- Manamorphose is great on septer but otherwise not amazing in the deck much better in decks like storm.
- Dovin's Veto > Deprive. On scepter you CAST the card so keep that in mind (read oracle text if you don't trust me). "If you cast a spell “without paying its mana cost,” you can’t choose to cast it for any alternative costs. You can, however, pay additional costs. If the card has any mandatory additional costs, those must be paid to cast the spell."
- running a few Mystic Sanctuary seems good, and if you want like 6 fetchlands.
- cards like Failure have a cmc of both costs so its cmc 3 so cant go on scepter.
- Green doesn't add much to this deck, it might be best to be a UW deck and cut red all together.
- Let me know if you want more comments
1 month ago
Since the deck is aggro-tempo, I think you can probably drop the Cryptic Commands, as they are too slow and worse than Remand here. I assume you're using Unsummon instead of Vapor Snag because you can bounce your own creatures?
I think you could fit in a singleton of Spell Snare in there, just because it's really satisfying when it works. Also, have you tried testing with 4x Aether Vial? Maybe 1x Faerie Conclave? Other potential faeries are Sower of Temptation, Faerie Impostor, Glen Elendra Archmage (a bit slow but a singleton can do some work). Maybe Chart a Course for more draw or Favorable Winds to pump your creatures. Just throwing out ideas. Looks good! Although Vendilion Clique is dope im serious
1 month ago
I know the main focus is on creatures, but you should go up to a full 4 Path to Exile for good, instant speed removal.
Have you considered Restoration Angel? Also maybe Vendilion Clique, although it is sort of expensive. Kitchen Finks could help you stay alive longer, plus you can reuse it as a chump blocker every time you flicker/blink it.