Destroy target permanent.
|Have (2)||dexxter7 , CompleteWaste|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
10 hours ago
Sounds good! I'll trust you since you're the one running reps with the deck :P How about Skyclave Apparition over Vindicate so you get Ephemerate value? Do you find yourself needing to hit lands or 4+ CMC things that often?
1 week ago
All right, some of this may seem weird, but hear me out.
One of the biggest advantages land destruction has going for it is the ability to disrupt an opponents mana before they can properly set up. With that being said, you have way too many cards that cost 3 mana and no way to play them early. What I'm going to suggest is trying to remove a few of those cards in favor of cards that will accelerate your remaining land destruction spells. What's coming to mind worth trying is 4 copies of Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer .
Here's why. This can give you an early play that can potentially set up a 3 mana spell on turn 2 (assuming played t1) for you if it can connect. Not only that, but being a legendary creature, you have the option of potentially adding Mox Amber as an additional mana source. Now, you'll probably want more legendary creatures to properly make use of the mox's which is where something like Zurgo Bellstriker could also help with being aggressive and progressing you plan.
The other main thing I'm going to suggest is adding a couple more lands (swamps probably). The reasoning being that if you do happen to land a blood moon/magus of the moon, then you may very easily lock yourself out of black mana. One thing to keep in mind is that if you don't have enough mana, then you can't stop theirs.
Here's the tl:dr of what I'm going to suggest: Add: 4 ragavan, 2 zurgo, 3 mox amber, 2 swamps. Cut: 4 brainstone (when will you have time to use this?), 3 harness the storm (I really can't see you having enough mana to make use of it), 4 fulminator mage (betting on Cursed Totem seeing play, making this unable to do the 1 job it has.)
These changes should not only speed your deck up, but allow you to put on some early pressure to your opponents life total.
2 weeks ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
2 weeks ago
I'm not worried about Vindicate , since Maelstrom Pulse has been in Modern since Alara, and I don't expect the land destruction option to make that much if a difference. (Thereby guaranteeing I get steamrolled by LD some day.) In particular, Legacy/Vintage has everything on the reserved list, which includes the original dual lands, Aluren , Academy Rector , Chains of Mephistopheles , Sylvan Library , Swords to Plowshares , Grim Monolith as some highlights, and anything banned in Modern-- Deathrite Shaman , Field of the Dead , Once Upon a Time , Cloudpost , and so on.
2 weeks ago
I am not happy that both Vindicate and Braids, Cabal Minion are being introduced to modern; at this point, how is modern different from legacy? Will WotC leave any cards for legacy and vintage only? However, I am glad that WotC at least is keeping the 2007 promo artwork for Vindicate unique, since I feel that that artwork is too awesome to reuse.
Also, I think that it is awesome that WotC printed a card named "damn," and I cannot wait to hear the reactions of players to that card; the jokes and memes will practically write themselves.
1 month ago
You have a good point there.. perhaps 4x Fracture would be good to ad? Oblivion ring, while I love it, is only so good because if destroyed, then you end up with the same threat again.
1 month ago
Unless your meta is plentifull of problematic lands I would cut them down or replace those for more exiling effects such as Anguished Unmaking , Utter End and if you really want to destroy a land you can use at sorcery speed Vindicate
1 month ago
Ah, I had long-tinkered with an Alesha list for quite the meiny of months, whereupon I have a fair number of suggestions for consideration in your ranks.
Meseems Callous Bloodmage is one of the best cards in the new set for inclusion, as it does three relevant things for any given circumstance. Choose wisely.
Any aristocrats list is incomplete when bereft of Skullclamp . Overplayed? Overrated? Too powerful? Is it too efficient? Perhaps you are tired of acknowledging its existence? Is this jest overlong all for the sake of an ensuing sentence? No, no, yes, maybe, and yes. (Just play it.)
Yawgmoth, Thran Physician is a particular powerhouse. He does everything. Maugre the cost of one life, he enables a draw engine and sacrifice outlet. So much for so little.
False Prophet is a most splendid wrath, for, ere his calamitous demise trigger, you may sacrifice your board and ravage all others.
Feldon of the Third Path , however sorrowful his tale, is quite the potent artificer. Bringing back many and wreaking havoc upon all is a brutal combination that can act as a backup version of the commander.
Rummaging effects are perhaps something of which I am too fond, yet here we are. Rummaging Goblin , Anje Falkenrath , Plargg, Dean of Chaos Flip, Deal Broker , Smuggler's Copter , and Mad Prophet are all ones I would seek to add.
Retribution of the Meek is a splendid wrath, typically decimating the opponents' populous.
Thus is all, dear folk. But, might all of your foes be met with a despairing shriek as Karmic Guide has her fun casting demise.
Lastly, the deck name could use a little work. Yes, it may be forthright, but, opt for something with flare. Let it be histrionic! Brutal! WONDERFUL!
Thence I leave.
Here is my own list, if you deign to care: Quondam Foes