, , Sacrifice Dispeller's Capsule: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Common|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dispeller's Capsule occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Dispeller's Capsule Discussion
1 month ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
3 months ago
7 months ago
Examples of other cards I would consider are Spine of Ish Sah , Sun Titan , and Anointed Procession . More specifically since you are running Thopter Assembly you might want to include Time Sieve as a dirty but effective combo. Also Revel in Riches has an interesting synergy with Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer , and that would also justify running Smothering Tithe (although I run it without the combo since it's just good in multi-player anyway).
My deck is quite different from yours so I'll link it in case you find some cards that might interest you: The Machine Girl.
11 months ago
Nihil Spellbomb for graveyard decks isn't really oppressive, most graveyard decks should expect some form of hate.
Scourglass works well with your artifact commander. I agree it might be too much for creature heavy decks, but it is a slow trigger. However 5 mana repeatable wrath is a bit much. Leave it as a maybe for now.
Dispeller's Capsule , for those pesky artifacts and enchantments your opponents play.
Glaring Spotlight to help you get in and also to deal with hexproof.
Orazca Relic for life gain and card draw
11 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
Paper, and Tron was originally my nightmare, paying for my Rune Snags and still obliterating my loops, but I sleeved up a pair of Field of Ruins for the mainboard and a Ghost Quarter sideboard in case of Scapeshift, which I only know one person plays at my LGS.
Otherwise, Jeskai contol is a bit of a game of luck, and my matchup against aggro is, favored me, but still rough, my best matchup are the decks like Abzan and Jund, the real midrangy decks that a good loop with Academy Ruins will grind to death.
Affinity and Lantern Control are a lot of fun. I have a white splash for Dispeller's Capsule for a lock against them, blowing up their mana, creatures, equipment, the whole thing. Making it 4-color is actually pretty good, sinc ewhite has the best sideboard options IMO. Path to Exile is a good addition too.
1 year ago
The storm crow is signed. No cutting that beauty.
The game plan of this deck is to put enough on the table to force a boardwipe, but still be able to rebuild after the boardwipe. And the next boardwipe.
Future Sight isn't so hard to cast. The deck is Bant with a little bit of black. And it's very good card advantage. I don't know what would be better card advantage. It rebuilds after the boardwipe real good. But it is dead in the early game.
Farseek or Sakura Tribe Elder are both net -2 mana for the turn to gain mana the next turn. Skyshroud Claim is also net -2 mana for the turn to gain mana the next turn. Except that it ramps for more. I had Cultivate in its place but the basic lands just weren't cutting it. I'd rather be finding duals.
I thought Spawnwrithe was too cute as well, and then I tried it on a friend's insistence and it took over a few games in short order.
Etherium Sculptor could go. It's definitely worked very well a few times when I've done stuff like Stoneforge Mystic into Blade of Selves. But in general it feels bad once the boardwipe hits. Mentor of the Meek has also been under-performing, to my surprise. It draws cards, but it's expensive to do so. Same with Lifecrafter's Bestiary. I find I skip the card draw option about half the time.
As for Yuriko, there are a lot of creatures which draw me a card when they hit a player. I don't like any of them. They durdle so hard.
You're assessment of Silas Renn is spot-on. I think I want the effect. I tried running more payoff, but I think it was the wrong kind of cards. Stuff like Burnished Hart is super slow and not worth the trouble. Same for other artifact creatures like Filigree Familiar. Maybe I should put Shardless Agent in the deck, but the 3-drop spot is super tight as-is, which is why I excluded it in the first place.
What are good payoff cards for Silas Renn. I found Dispeller's Capsule to be way too costly for the effect. I tried Chromatic Sphere, but I realized I was putting way too much effort into drawing 1 card. If I try to make stuff like Scrap Trawler or Krark-Clan Ironworks work then I need to add way too many artifacts, which dilutes the hatebears too much. The other spellbombs seem borderline unplayable.
Thank you for your comment. It's given me a lot to think about.