, , Sacrifice Dispeller's Capsule: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Common|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dispeller's Capsule occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Dispeller's Capsule Discussion
1 month ago
Hey man! Good first draft! I like some of the ideas in here. I have some constructive criticism for you, so, as brutally honest as I will be with my suggestions, keep in mind I’m just offering my best advice on how to improve this list. I tested this deck a bit and here’s some thoughts I have:
More Tutor / Draw: You’re running very little card advantage, which I noticed when I was testing this deck. There isn’t enough dig or deck manipulation going on here. Basically every time I found myself durdling. Here are some suggestions:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Scroll Rack
- Crystal Ball
- Courier's Capsule
- Wheel of Fortune
- Stroke of Genius
- Mystic Remora
- Jace Beleren
- Long-Term Plans
- Land Tax
- Academy Rector
- Idyllic Tutor
- Madblind Mountain
- Fetch Lands. Literally any fetches.
More spot removal: Your deck doesn’t have a lot of ways of dealing out targeted removal. Mass Land D and other sweeper spells are great and all, but you also need ways of handling individual problems as they arrive. Here are some suggestions I have:
- Path to Exile / Swords to Plowshares
- Seal of Cleansing / Dispeller's Capsule
- Return to Dust
- Crush Contraband
- Shattering Pulse
- Shattering Spree
- Chaos Warp
- Lightning Bolt
More Persistent harassment: You’re running MLD, Tax, but you aren’t running a whole lot of effects to consistently torment the opponent. Smokestack, Pendrell Mists, Kataki, War's Wage, Manabarbs keep pressure on your opponents. Even just running more stuff to slow things down (Winter Orb, Tangle Wire, Kismet, Rule of Law, Stranglehold etc.) would be useful here.
Consider less creatures, more enchantments: Hatebears are cool, but consider the fact that they are easier to kill than their enchantment counterparts. Magus of the Moon dies much easier than Blood Moon and you want these effects to have a good return on investment. This one is more food for thought than actual criticism.
Suggestions for cuts: Hall of Heliod's Generosity (?): It’s a great card, but right now you aren’t running enough Enchantments to justify it. Most of the time it’s going to just tap for colorless. If you run more Enchantments, it’s a keeper! (I think I’m going to try and find a slot for my own deck)
Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain: This is pretty vestigial. It’s not really pulling much weight. Cut it.
Karn, Silver Golem: See above.
Tomik, Distinguished Advokist: I get what you’re going with here, but you’re blowing up your lands anyway, making them untargetable is kind of moot. There’s a bunch of hatebears I’d rather run in this slot.
Saltblast: This card is kind of bad. Costs waaay too much for targeted removal. Also, is completely dead against decks that run white. I’d honestly remove this and replace it with Wrath of God instead.
Karn, the Great Creator: Not doing enough. I see the combo with Mycosynth Lattice, but Hellkite Tyrant is a much better combo.
Empowered Autogenerator: Too slow, too expensive. It’s not as good as it looks. Ideally, rocks should slot into the 0-3 CC range. If you desperately wanted something in the 4 slot, why not just run Thran Dynamo instead? It’s more consistent.
Firemind Vessel – See above.
1 month ago
Giorgiod: First of all, thanks for your interest, and please let me know how playing the deck works out for you. =D I'd love to get feedback on the deck in a different meta.
As for a sideboard. Tbh, eh not really, lol. I play mostly casual/kitchen table, plus I literally have over 50 pauper decks built so I don't get to play them all as much as they deserve.
That being said, were I to bring this deck to a LGS and play it, I would probably swap Stoic Rebuttal for straight-up Counterspell as suggested above, and leave maybe one or more Stoic Rebuttals in the sideboard for counter-wars with other blue decks.
I only have the one copy of Welding Jar or else I'd have more in the deck also, so put some of those in the sideboard too.
Apostle's Blessing is one of the best defense spells in pauper imho, so if you face a lot of removal, there's that.
Echoing Truth is versatile enough to hit any permanent, so kind of a board wipe, but can also get rid of Treasure, Food, etc. depending on what you face.
Beyond that, I usually go very general with my sideboards, so creature removal (Searing Light, Smite, Celestial Flare), artifact removal (Fragmentize, Dispeller's Capsule) and enchantment removal (Demystify). And sometimes you can double up the effects on one card to "save space" in your sideboard, as you can see. =)
Hopefully that jumble of ideas provides some help to you! =D Have fun, and let me know how you like the deck and if it needs any major adjustments or whatnot! Thanks!
3 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
6 months ago
10 months ago
Examples of other cards I would consider are Spine of Ish Sah , Sun Titan , and Anointed Procession . More specifically since you are running Thopter Assembly you might want to include Time Sieve as a dirty but effective combo. Also Revel in Riches has an interesting synergy with Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer , and that would also justify running Smothering Tithe (although I run it without the combo since it's just good in multi-player anyway).
My deck is quite different from yours so I'll link it in case you find some cards that might interest you: The Machine Girl.
1 year ago
Nihil Spellbomb for graveyard decks isn't really oppressive, most graveyard decks should expect some form of hate.
Scourglass works well with your artifact commander. I agree it might be too much for creature heavy decks, but it is a slow trigger. However 5 mana repeatable wrath is a bit much. Leave it as a maybe for now.
Dispeller's Capsule , for those pesky artifacts and enchantments your opponents play.
Glaring Spotlight to help you get in and also to deal with hexproof.
Orazca Relic for life gain and card draw
1 year ago