|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Aura of Silence
Artifact and enchantment spells your opponents cast cost more to cast.
Sacrifice Aura of Silence: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Aura of Silence Discussion
4 days ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
You have TONS of creature removal but I only count 3 spells that can remove artifacts or enchantments. I suggest adding a card like Return to Dust or Crush Contraband as the best instant speed options with 2 for 1 capability. Aura of Silence is agreat tax effect that pulls double duty as removal as well.
Ad Naseum seems like a really risky card in here since you have quite a few higher CmC cards. It usually is better in a deck where the average CmC is ~2 so the life loss is mitigated and you are more likely to get a full grip from the spell. I know with Angel's Grace you can draw your deck but you don't have any ways to secure your infinite Dualcaster Mages from finishing the job. Maybe include a card like Silence or Grand Abolisher to make sure your combo goes off without a hitch.
With a decent instant package maybe you should consider Isochron Scepter . Stick a Swords to Plowshares or Silence or Despark under there and have repeatable interaction. Silence is exceptionally nasty.
3 weeks ago
Have you heard of Whitemane Lion ? With Chulane it's a 2 mana repeatable instant speed growth spiral. On a similar note Stonecloaker does a similar thing however it also eats cards from graves at instant speed. If you're feeling spiky you can combine these cards with Aluren to draw your entire library and drop every land into play. It shouldn't be hard to win from there with Laboratory Maniac , Jace, Wielder of Mysteries , or even Altar of the Brood . Just remember Chulane's ability is mandatory so you'll have to remove him before you go for the win or you might draw yourself to death.
There are a few hate cards I'm surprised you haven't included like Gaddock Teeg , Remorseful Cleric , Containment Priest , Leonin Arbiter , Linvala, Keeper of Silence , Rest in Peace , Archon of Valor's Reach , and Aura Shards . The newer Ranger-Captain of Eos pulls his weight as well by grabbing dorks and accessory creatures like Giant Killer while having the ability to entirely shut down non-creature spells which is great for comboing out that turn or just preventing a board wipe from an opponent on their turn.
Simple tax effects as well give you lots of time to set up Chulane and start slamming creatures down for some great value. Cards like Aura of Silence , Thalia, Guardian of Thraben , Vryn Wingmare , Thorn of Amethyst , Suppression Field , Kataki, War's Wage , Energy Flux , etc.
I think flash is the greatest strength a creature based deck can have so I suggest trying out Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Vedalken Orrery , Leyline of Anticipation , or Yeva, Nature's Herald to go alongside your Teferi.
Lastly you should include Eternal Witness as some grave recursion and you can abuse the body via bonce or Sun Titan.
3 weeks ago
@MindAblaze - I was thinking (s)tax effects.
Ghostly Prison til your next upkeep
Aura of Silence tax til your next upkeep
Price of Glory til your next upkeep
I know this wouldn't fit on a card, but something more like this and opponents only on the abilities.
4 weeks ago
This list is really cool! Strong theme and good use of new commander.
See a small proliferate/counter theme. No Karn's Bastion ?
4 weeks ago
Looks like you have a very good start. Your creatures look and synergy around your commander. However, I see one major flaw of the deck. Its lacking in draw and ramp. Boros struggles with this but it is not impossible.
No Green Ramp:
, which you have. The ones you are missing
. Getting lands into the battlefield is very important and hard in non-green colors.
Overall, nice start. Boros are very fun colors with weaker cards but if you get enough synergy, it can be quite powerful. Good luck my fellow Boros Player.
Aura of Silence occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
WU (Azorius): 1.29%
WUB (Esper): 0.38%
GWU (Bant): 0.76%