Aura of Silence
Artifact and enchantment spells your opponents cast cost more to cast.
Sacrifice Aura of Silence: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
|Have (2)||, CompleteWaste|
|Want (2)||ironmindraph , Freakned13|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Aura of Silence Discussion
1 hour ago
I like the group slug in combination with a pillowfort idea. Gisela's wording offers a pretty unique opportunity. Triggered effects that would deal 1 damage to you while she is on the board deal no damage to you instead, but double damage to opponents. Manabarbs, AEther Sting, Battle Strain, Burning Earth, Heat of Battle, Rampaging Ferocidon, City of Brass, Talisman of Conviction, Battlefield Forge are all cards that would have their negative effect negated if Gisela is on the field, while opponents would suffer more.
Ankh of Mishra, Psychogenic Probe, Eidolon of the Great Revel, Pyrostatic Pillar, Repercussion, Spellshock, Zo-Zu the Punisher would all be cards that have their negative effects mitigated with Gisela out and opponents would suffer a lot more.
You could complement this game plan with pieces like War's Toll, Caltrops, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Aura of Silence, Glowrider, Sphere of Resistance, Thorn of Amethyst, Vryn Wingmare, Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse to tax and slow them down while all the slug effects eat away at life totals.
I feel like there's quite a bit of space to be explored in this niche for Gisela.
5 hours ago
You can go with a "Group Slug" theme. Group Slug uses cards that hurt everyone on the field--Burning Earth, Manabarbs, Spellshock, etc.--with some mechanism to ensure you are the last one standing (like Gisela's one-sided damage doubling). Throw in some classic Red/White Stax pieces like Stranglehold, Blood Moon, Aura of Silence, and Aven Mindcensor, alongside some other damage doublers like Furnace of Rath, and you have yourself a deck.
2 weeks ago
@AllTurnsRMine: Thank you for your comment. I totally agree, you need stax to slow down your opponents. But please take a closer look at my list, I already play Winter Orb, Cursed Totem, Verity Circle and Grand Arbiter Augustin IV. Stax is good but if you have too much of it, your extra turn chain may be broken and if that's the case you should play another strategy.
If I had more slots I would immediately play more stax, but this Narset build is more proactive than disruptive. If you want to see more stax elements, then a competitive Narset stax build is probably more for you.
2 weeks ago
Right now it's beatdown using all the anthems to boost and generate tokens. Prison would look more like Crawlspace, Static Orb, Overburden and such rather than Koskun Falls, Aura of Silence, or other effects that make them pay mana. It also provides lock options by combing with Opposition
4 weeks ago
I would personally run Nethroi, Apex of Death. Nethroi has lifelink which can be fun to pump up with auras, but Nethroi's reanimate ability can be seriously powerful at enchantment reanimation if you build your deck right.
Auramancer, Griffin Dreamfinder, Monk Idealist, Restoration Specialist, Trusty Retriever, Acolyte of Affliction, Golgari Findbroker, Lurrus of the Dream-Den, Eternal Witness, Felidar Guardian. These make excellent targets to recur enchantments and auras with as you could recur 4 to 5 enchantments every time Nethroi mutates.
Do keep in mind a few card draw enchantment creatures also have 0 power making them free to reanimate too. Creatures like: Argothian Enchantress, Mesa Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Kor Spiritdancer.
Also if you run out of enchantments to recur I'd recommend running these enchantments as they're easy to both put into the graveyard and obtain value off of them which is what will make this strategy even stronger: Sinister Concoction, Seal of Primordium, Seal of Cleansing, Soul Snare, Weight of Conscience, Aura of Silence, Font of Fertility, Sterling Grove and Unbridled Growth. Sigil of the Nayan Gods and Cast Out also work if you only intend to cycle them.
1 month ago
Rri's Greasy Suggestions
My understanding of the deck is that it's essentially a Sneak Attack style deck - put creatures in and muck face. The main goal with these suggestions is to get Kaalia of the Vast out by turn 2 or 3 and put more relevant threats down! Apologies if this isn't the most organized, but hope it helps.
Akroma, Angel of Fury - literally a 6/6 with firebreathing 90% of the time
Emeria Shepherd - even you complain about this one.
Kaalia, Zenith Seeker - Yes flavour, but fricken goofy card
Kambal, Consul of Allocation - What does gaining life do for you? I would only run him if you ran necropotence or equivalent
Mana-Charged Dragon - Nobody is paying into that lmao
Rakdos the Defiler - I get that you have big balls, but he's pretty much single use - I enjoy the meme though.
Iroas, God of Victory - I understand that he lets Kaalia get through, but that wouldn't be a problem if you could just get her out earlier.
Angel of Deliverance - If you're getting delirium with this deck at it's present state I'm super impressed.
Sorin, Grim Nemesis - There is better ways to draw cards and you can't cheat him into play
Karoo Lands: They are decent, but you're missing out on precious early mana when you run them.
Nephalia Academy - This is the most Cam card I have ever seen, run Rogue's Passage if you want colourless utility.
Vivid Meadow: Again slow, run a City of Ass in this slot
Armillary Sphere - If you are hell bent on this effect, run a Thaumatic Compass
Darksteel Ingot - 2 mana artifacts are way better for a turn 3 Kaalia.
Sunforger - Personally this doesn't do it for me, super mana intensive for the effect, especially when you have black for tutoring/card draw.
Instant and Sorceries
Ghostly Prison - You have fatties to smack people in face, if they swing at you, swing at them harder - or block :^)
Aura of Silence - You aren't on the stax path my son and you can find more efficient instant speed removal!
Akroma's Vengeance - Austere Command
Diabolic Tutor - Demonic Tutor
Orim's Thunder & Return to Dust - I would suggest just running a less expensive removal, or more flexible removal eg. Disenchant or Chaos Warp
I would suggest cards that more aggressively use your life total, you're playing an agro strategy and want to be firing on all cylinders!!
Card Draw and Tutoring
Necropotence - Draw a shit ton of cards, and more selection of what you want to put down with Kaalia.
Painful Truths, Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper - Efficient card draw!
Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Thrill of Possibility - Slot in these if you are planning on going a stronger recursion route.
Wishclaw Talisman - Fun tutor!
Enlightened Tutor - Finds you boots, sword, or whatever else you may need.
Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor - Need I say more?
Gamble - Put all your money on red lmao
Mausoleum Secrets & Diabolic Intent – Conditional Tutors which seem decent in this deck.
Vilis, Broker of Blood - This card is insane, especially when you get to cheat him out.
Razaketh, the Foulblooded - Turns Kaalia into a huge toolbox, also really strong in the recursion route.
Archfiend of Despair - Doubles damage!!
Rakdos, Lord of Riots - Reduces the cost of your big creatures, letting you actually play them after you swing.
Sire Of Insanity - Discarding everyone's hand is pretty good for you, as this deck should be pretty good at top decking.
Scourge of the Throne & Hellkite Charger - More combat - wins with Sword of Feast and Famine!!
Resolute Archangel - A lot of the cards I'm suggesting are pretty hard your life total, resetting to 40 with a Necropotence out is pretty gross.
Sneak Attack - Does pretty much the same thing as Kaalia.
Karmic Guide, Reya Dawnbringer, Primevals' Glorious Rebirth, Animate Dead, Living Death, Phyrexian Reclamation - Recursion is super strong, plus you run a shit ton of legendaries for rebirth. As an aside, Leonin Relic-Warder gives infinite ETB with Animate Dead - something to keep in mind.
Legion's Initiative - Pretty flexible protection, also making Kaalia a 3/3 is pretty relevant.
Aggravated Assault - Even more combat, wins you the game with Sword of Feast and Famine.
Kaya's Ghostform - Leave it and forget it protection for Kaalia.
Talisman of Hierarchy, Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Conviction, Fellwar Stone - even potentially Mind Stone - 2 mana rocks are super good as they enable the turn 3 Kaalia.
Wayfarer's Bauble - An all star, also Kaalia turn 3.
Lotus Petal - SPEEDY
Nyx Lotus or Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - A lot of your creatures have super high devotion, take advantage of that.
Caves of Koilos, Battlefield Forge, Sulfurous Springs, Sacred Foundry, Godless Shrine, Blood Crypt, Luxury Suite, Exotic Orchard, City of Brass, Rugged Prairie, Fetid Heath, Silent Clearing, Sunbaked Canyon, Tainted Field - or even more basics: Untapped coloured lands!!
2 months ago
It seems like you're running burn as your wincon.
Here are some cards that might help.
Since these are symmetrical burn, you could also run Glacial Chasm and stall it out. This is also the most important land card to run with these mono red sorcery finishers. Your Pariah is also a god level card with this setup. You might also consider Heartless Hidetsugu as a combo with these 2 cards.
For more drastic changes, you can fix around your landbase to cut a lot of nonbasics and add basics with a load of fetchlands, such as Fabled Passage, Prismatic Vista, , Ash Barrens, Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds, Myriad Landscape, Warped Landscape, some Panorama fetches, and keeping Flooded Strand + Scalding Tarn + Arid Mesa. I have this landbase in another of my burn decks and its fully sufficient for tri-colour commanders. In white, you get access to Land Tax as well so it helps further fix your mana - although in my experience with this landbase I would say its not even necessary.
With a basic land landbase, it opens you up to more burn, such as Price of Progress, Burning Earth. It also opens you up to hard stax cards if you have a vendetta against someone: Magus of the Moon, Blood Moon, Back to Basics.
An alternative package you can consider with your wheels is Narset, Parter of Veils and Alms Collector to discard their entire hand. You already have Smothering Tithe as well. Psychic Possession is also insane with wheels as it lets you draw 14 off a single wheel.
I would also just add Underworld Breach because its straight up insane.
You can also try Mana Geyser for a super explosive turn by recasting it from the graveyard again.
Dack Fayden is both a ramp card and a way to dump cards into your graveyard.
Some cards I see that you could also try cutting/changing are:
Land Tax - you can run ramp artifacts instead, such as Surveyor's Scope. Surveyor's Scope is an excellent card with many fetchlands as you can tap them to sac as a cost, then activate Surveyor's Scope for up to 3 basics untapped since your fetchland is no longer on the field. Or basically any other 2 mana rock will do.
I would consider Ral, Izzet Viceroy a bit too slow.
Long live our Overlord Sevinne
2 months ago
I have been brewing Alesha in the competitive scene for over a year and playing in tournaments weekly. Here are my thoughts.
- Don't run lands that enter tapped in competitive. Don't run mana rocks that enter tapped in competitive.
- The Ravnica bounce lands are tempting, but they enter tapped. They also really hurt when your opponent plays Blood Moon or Back to Basics, both of which are competitive staples. They are also 2-for-1 on yourself when an opponent uses a Strip Mine or Wasteland.
- When you run this many combos to win, you risk drawing lower quality pieces during the game. For example, if you start with the A part of one combo, and the B part of another, then draw the A part of a third combo, you now have 3 cards that are dead in your hand. All of your combos except Kiki jiki + Bellringer require 3 pieces to function as well, and all 3 pieces are required on the board or in the yard to hit the combo. Requiring 3 pieces means its easier for an opponent to remove one or counter one while you are trying to get the combo assembled. You should consider cutting down on the number of combos you run to help you hit the better combos you already have, more reliably. My first cut for the combos would be the Anafenza combo, since it is not always 100% guaranteed to fire correctly.
- I highly recommend running all Thrill of Possibility Wild Guess Cathartic Reunion Tormenting Voice, they generate big card advantage by throwing away creatures you can recur easily with Alesha.
- I recommend re-evaluating your hate bears on the list for the current meta. Tomok does not stop the Gitrog/Dakmor combo, and is only hating out a small number of cards. Kataki is not actually stopping combos, just making them take longer to get to. Kambal stops storm decks, but most will be able to remove him, and storm decks are not in the meta right now. The scariest combo is Demonic Consultation + Thassa's Oracle. I recommend Rule of Law Ethersworn Canonist and Eidolon of Rhetoric, which accomplish slowing on most decks while also blocking the current fastest combo. You also have some other holes in your hatebear/stax plan. You don't have any way to remove graveyards, and you don't run very many "hard stop" effects, you run mostly tax and delay effects.
- I would add more interaction. Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast are both relatively cheap in dollars and extremely effective. You will see blue in almost every competitive pod. On top of protecting your own cards from counterspells, they also get rid of scary cards like Rhystic Study and can stop Thassa's Oracle while its on the stack. I'd also recommend more removal in general. Check out Aura of Silence, it has a nice tax effect, removes two different permanent types, and recurs with Sun Titan.
- My last recommend is to acquire Imperial Recruiter. It layers your deck by being a one card out to finding a combo. Imperial Recruiter fetches Kiki jiki, kiki copies Recruiter to fetch Bellringer, Bellringer untaps Kiki to start the combo. It means if you only have 1 tutor in hand and 0 combo pieces, you can still find your entire combo by tutoring for Imperial Recruiter. Recruiter also fetches relevant hatebears in a pinch if you can't combo out yet. It also recurs off Alesha if you have sac outlets or any way to kill it.