|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
Tap: Untap target Forest.
|Have (3)||rockleemyhero , littlesniperman , TheAnnihilator|
|Want (7)||Leviathan102 , Ericles , earthwave97 , PepperJack , Popengton , pkbabyboi ,|
Arbor Elf Discussion
1 day ago
5 days ago
So I think you probably don’t want 36 lands... frankly, I think you want 33 at most. The reason I say this is that, being green, your deck has access to the best ramp in the game. You should strongly consider running any/all of the following: Llanowar Elves , Elves of Deep Shadow , Fyndhorn Elves , Elvish Mystic , Deathrite Shaman , Birds of Paradise , Arbor Elf , Utopia Sprawl and/or Wild Growth .
You want your creatures to be synergistic with your general and be more than midrange value. I think cards like Mindslicer , which effect the board when sacrificed as well as being a body, are likely a lot better than Wall of Blood , Splinterfright , Rhizome Lurcher , etc. Other creatures to consider for these slots: Stinkweed Imp , Golgari Grave-Troll , Eternal Witness , Entomb , Kokusho, the Evening Star ...
This list could also benefit from more card-drawn. Phyrexian Arena is the classical example, but there’re other good options. I like the Shamanic Revelation in your MB; I suggest considering Night's Whisper , Blood Divination , Life's Legacy , Minions' Murmurs , Syphon Mind and Succumb to Temptation .
1 week ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
1 week ago
Hey, I agree with RNR_Gaming. Add more ways to cheat Dinos onto the battlefield because Gishath is eight mana. If you don't want to do this then increase the amount of ramp a lot. My advice is consider doing both?
Road of Return is interesting, it can put Gishath into your hand from the Command Zone. Combine this with a way to cheat a creature onto the battlefield. It can be a faster way to getting Gishath onto the battlefield. Atla is busted with Marauding Raptor ; a repeatable way to cheat creatures onto the battlefield.
Tutors within the budget to consider adding:
Gamble can potentially get Mirari's Wake . Call is one of the best creature tutors in Commander. Dawn can set-up the top of your library for a Gishath trigger or for Atla.
Ramp to consider adding:
Most of these ramp options are good with mana doublers: Regal Behemoth and Mirari's Wake as these are priority cards to want to have on the battlefield since they give you the best chance of ramping into Gishath or other Dinos.
If you like some of these suggestions then I offer advice on what cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Leyline of Abundance can be useful here or if you want to go down the Arbor Elf + Utopia Sprawl combo for more mana. Another card I really like is Finale of Devastation which can net you a creature and buff all your existing ones, given X => 10.
1 week ago
SliverKing420X Dude if you think (supposed Orcish Lumberjack was legal) it wouldn't see play you are tripping. That card in a remade Wrenn Ponza list means that Arbor Elf / Utopia Sprawl combo won't be the only way to hit decent walkers turn 2.
Trying to say you know a ton about how RG modern lists are ramping then pretending there is a chance Orcish Lumberjack wouldn't revolutionize these lists is just really dumb when you don't even know the legality of the card.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Arbor Elf occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.19%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
GU (Simic): 0.58%