Until end of turn, whenever a player taps an Island for mana, that player adds to his or her mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces).
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
High Tide Discussion
10 hours ago
Hey there! Spellslinging is a super popular theme in commander (assuming that's what you're going for), and I have a few options you might want to look into! On a side note, if you like getting suggestions I recommend marking your deck as "help" under its edit settings so people are more inclined to comment on it. Additionally, you can specify which printing when inputting a card, but for Rowan it would be "1x Rowan, Scholar of Sparks (STX:278)".
Will and Rowan are GREAT, but if you'd like, here are a few instant/sorcery matters commanders in ! Most of these are also great cards just in the deck whether you use them as commanders or not: - Veyran, Voice of Duality - Mizzix of the Izmagnus - Niv-Mizzet, Parun (goes infinite with multiple cards such as Ophidian Eye , Tandem Lookout , Curiosity , and more. Especially with something like Laboratory Maniac out) - Melek, Izzet Paragon - Zaffai, Thunder Conductor
Lands/Ramp: Since this would be a spellslinger deck, I'll stay away from too many artifacts, but here are a few ramp cards and good lands to consider!
- Sol Ring
- Arcane Signet
- Sapphire Medallion / Ruby Medallion
- Lotus Petal
- High Tide
- Mind Stone (if you plan on running a lot of card draw)
- Thought Vessel
- Commander's Sphere
- Treasonous Ogre
- Dockside Extortionist
- Irencrag Feat
- Jeska's Will
Extraplanar Lens (if you plan on running a lot of basics)
- Scalding Tarn
- Riverglide Pathway Flip
- Temple of Epiphany
- Sulfur Falls
- Frostboil Snarl
- Training Center
- Command Tower
- Ancient Tomb
- City of Brass / Mana Confluence
- Prismatic Vista
- Shivan Reef
- Cascade Bluffs
- Fiery Islet
- Spirebluff Canal
Some good Instants/Sorceries There's obviously tons upon tons upon tons of these, but here are a few that I enjoy using.
- Swan Song
- Fierce Guardianship
- Cyclonic Rift
- Mystical Tutor
- Temporal Mastery (good with the tutor above)
- Faithless Looting
- Narset's Reversal (lot of infinite combos I believe)
- Deflecting Swat
- Thrill of Possibility
- Rapid Hybridization
Instants/Sorceries Matter: There are also tons of these, but just to name a few:
- Baral, Chief of Compliance
- Young Pyromancer
- Docent of Perfection Flip
- Wee Dragonauts
- Snapcaster Mage
- Sprite Dragon
- Any card with magecraft from strixhaven
I hope this helps! Some suggestions may be out of budget and others may not be, and on the other hand you might have already known about most of these cards, but either way I hope this is of use to you! Be sure to check out some of my decks like Double Trouble EDH ⫸PRIMER⫷, but most of all, good luck on your deck! Have a fantastic day, and happy tapping.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey, well done on a budget for your first Commander deck. I'm having fun with Veyran with Kalamax, the Stormsire .
You have 111 cards which is too many. Cards to consider cutting to get to 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God : you don't have any land ramp, only relying on land drops to get five or more lands. This land will not be able to tap for mana until turn five or six at the earliest which is really bad.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand : it's too slow for the for payoff even with Veyran. It's seven mana and you then have to cast an instant or sorcery to put a counter on it.
- Siren of the Fanged Coast : five mana 4/4 flier is what this will be every time you cast it which is subpar.
- Brass's Bounty : not worth seven mana for treasures since you don't want to ramp into it. Need at least six lands in your control to make paying seven mana worth six treasures.
- Curator's Ward : you have better hexproof protection (Greaves/Boots) for Veyran.
- Selective Snare : narrow sorcery speed removal since only works on one creature type.
- Violent Impact
- Traitorous Blood
- Darksteel Ingot
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reiterate : combos with Mana Geyser to make infinite red mana as long as opponents have seven or more tapped lands. Buyback is nice when you want to be casting instants since it lets you after resolving it put it back into your hand to cast again. Mana enablers Storm-Kiln Artist and Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip are excellent with buyback.
Buyback is the reason that Reiterate can be a infinite combo with Geyser. After copying Geyser with Reiterate you resolve the copy of Geyser first and then resolve the original Reiterate which puts it back into your hand. While the original Geyser is still on the stack cast Reiterate again to copy the original Geyser and repeat. Can make infinite storm count for
, infinite cast of instant for
Ral, Storm Conduit
or infinite mana for
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
as win conditions.
- Solve the Equation : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Frantic Search : goes well with High Tide since it can untap lands. Being able to cast an instant to draw and then untap lands lets you potentially cast another instant that you may of drawn to get more out of Veyran and magecraft.
- Brainstorm : staple blue draw spell, instant draw three for one mana.
- Increasing Vengeance : copy your own instant or sorcery. Has flashback which lets you cast it again from your graveyard and if you do copy your own instant or sorcery twice.
- Preordain : Scry 2 before you draw is nice. One mana spell that's a good target to copy.
- Wizard's Retort : Veyran is a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Grixis Panorama
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hi :D thanks for the upvote and the sweet comment, friend.
Cavern of Souls is a very interesting include! For me, every Orvar cast after the first two or so games with my playgroup has been a sweaty experience. It's too easy to deny this deck it's main engine. What makes the include more interesting is Tolaria West being able to tutor it up, and the possibility of cloning it and naming another creature type like drake or faerie.
I'm not sure if the include changes much in regards to High Tide . With every land untapper except Palinchron , in combination with High Tide , you can get a mana positive loop with just two or three islands on the board. However, I haven't made much use of High Tide so far. It has felt more like a backup plan in the deck in my experience.
2 months ago
I agree you need more win cons, all i see right now is quietus spike. If you want a budget tutor for quietus spike then Drift of Phantasms will work for you. Lots of artifact tutors in blue too if you want.
Mask of Memory seems playable here too.
Ideas unbound is a cool card. If you ran Teferi's Ageless Insight then i would keep it in. Otherwise i would lean towards Impulse .
Cloud of Faeries seems playable here, as does Coastal Piracy or Reconnaissance Mission .
Looking at your mana base, High Tide seems playable. I might run Temple of the False God or Rogue's Passage , or even War Room if you are interested in some nonbasic lands. And Mystic Sanctuary is sweet, i would add that. Also, add Sol Ring !
Lots of alternatives for cancel, i would run a cmc2 card from your maybeboard. But if you want to stick with cmc3 counterspells, i like Void Shatter , Dissipate , and Dream Fracture .
Anyway those are just some thoughts, cheers and have fun!!!
2 months ago
I have been thinking about making an spell based Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait too once I realized that Aesi lets you draw the card you put on top with Mystic Sanctuary . Speaking of Mystic Sanctuary , I feel like there is there is a lot of broken things we can do with it, which is quite nice as there are almost a million way to tutor for islands in the game ( like the expensive fetches , the cheap fetches , the panoramas , Farseek , or even islandcycling ). First off Ghostly Flicker + Mystic Sanctuary is draw a card at instant speed for U whenever the heck you want. Add in Vesuva and you make Snapcaster Mage look like a bad card, or you can just add in High Tide to generate infinite Mana and draw your entire deck. Further Deprive and some of the moonfolk also work quite well with Mystic Sanctuary , or really any repeatable effect that returns lands to our hands.
2 months ago
I would like to say that it is not that hard to combo with Candelabra of Tawnos . I will set the stage. A couple, maybe 5, untapped Island s, cast 2 High Tide s, play candelabra, make a ton of mana, Capsize , and you have a simple loop that is pretty easy to set up. Good luck destroying legacy events with the simplest combo ever!