|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fallen Empires (FEM)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Until end of turn, whenever a player taps an Island for mana, that player adds to his or her mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces).
High Tide Discussion
1 week ago
here are some cards you could add to your deck
- Rhystic Study : It's a blue staples that should be in any blue deck
- Helix Pinnacle : It's an easy win con that cost only 1
- Jace, Wielder of Mysteries : It's a better Lab Maniac since it can make you draw to win
- Narset, Parter of Veils : It's pretty much a tutor killer for all your opponents and it buy you time to set up your game and win.
- Walking Ballista : It's another win con that can help you to get rid of creatures
- Consecrated Sphinx : It's an incredible draw engine.
- Copy Artifact : You can copy any artifact on the battlefield but I usually try to copy Isochron Scepter to get another spell imprited like High Tide or - any Counterspell that cost 2 CMC or less
- High Tide : Double all the mana from your island
- Aetherflux Reservoir : Another win con that allows you to gain life as much as you need
- Biomancer's Familiar : It's the creature version of Training Grounds so it's a must have!
There are many other cards you should add to your deck but they are not for every budget. Cards like :
- Mana Drain
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor
- Cyclonic Rift
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Force of Will
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Mana Reflection
What do you think?
2 weeks ago
Infinite Mana Combos:
- Bloom Tender + ( Freed from the Real OR Pemmin's Aura )
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + mana rocks/dorks that give at least 3 mana
- Palinchron + ( High Tide OR Mana Reflection )
- Dryad Arbor + Utopia Sprawl
3 weeks ago
So, reading through your primer, it looks pretty good! It would help to add accordions that include more in depth strategies, what you use your tutors for, best targets, describe your mana base a bit and the difference between a keepable starting hand and a mulligan.
You're countermagic/removal is kinda high. I hope you don't encounter that much disruption from your pod, but if you do, godspeed my friend. You could cut a few most likely. A good amount of countermagic/removal is somewhere between 8-12 cards depending on your meta, unless your a reactive deck. You could cut a few to add cards that help you find win quicker.
I think Diabolic Intent would be a good add here, just in case you had to cast one of your creatures and need it in the grave, also its a great tutor.
Your deck relies a good bit on what's in your graveyard, I think some protection would do some good. Maybe add Necromancy to save a combo piece at instant speed. I'm not sure of your budget, but Time Spiral or its cheaper version Echo of Eons could help save your combo pieces in a pinch and allows you to put your value cards back in to your deck.
I think Devastation Tide is a bit wonky in the deck, yeah it can miracle, but it resets everyone, including you, given it's sorcery, cyclonic rift is just better. I wouldn't run it. Dev tide was essentially the "fixed" (worse) version of cyc rift.
Key to the City is slow on all accords, I would cut it for an aforementioned card.
Here are some other ramp/can trip suggestions:
These cards allow the deck to ramp out more consistently and find cards you need more efficiently.
Hope this helped.
4 weeks ago
Hey, nice first blue Commander deck.
With Syr I think you want to draw cards, more than usual because this fuels the amount of power she has to attack with.
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Narset, Parter of Veils : when you draw cards your opponent's don't, this is a powerful effect in multiplayer Commander especially with wheels.
- Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
- Howling Mine
- Kami of the Crescent Moon
- Dictate of Kruphix
- Fabricate : artifact tutor.
- Whir of Invention : artifact tutor.
- Folio of Fancies
- Nezahal, Primal Tide
- Wonder : flying for Syr.
- High Tide
- Frantic Search
- Chart a Course
With Narset only you benefit from the draw of cards from Mine, Dictate, Kami and Folio. This is a powerful effect especially with Folio.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of the False God
- Aether Gale
- Distortion Strike
- Slip Through Space
- Burnished Hart
- Guard Gomazoa
- Hover Barrier
- Worn Powerstone
- Illusionist's Gambit
- Drake Umbra
- Open Into Wonder
- Flight of Fancy
- Kumena's Awakening
- Thaumatic Compass
- Chemister's Insight
Because you have Thassa, God of the Sea who's a repeatable source of making Syr unblockable then I don't think you need a lot of these cards that are a single effect (only making Syr unblockable for one turn). Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
discipleofgary73 Great Whale is gas, was perfect back before they printed 'rix and the commander was Taniwha . Played High Tide , Conjurer's Closet , Nim Deathmantle you mentioned and super stupid stuff like Sky Swallower + Soul Foundry + Donate + Mindslaver . Sadly Breaching Leviathan and Slinn Shady don't trigger on flickering... but I'll try fitting the whale back in :)
1 month ago
With citadel, all you need is 1 draw then you cast off the top of library.
I also just thought of a worldgorger finisher. Bitter Ordeal . Exile every card in your opponent's decks and pass turn.
1 month ago
I actually have a deck I built that I designed to be my Signature Spellbook, but I'll show off some of my highlights:
- Exsanguinate - Ah the classic. I've finished more games with this card than... something that happens a lot.
- Phyrexian Obliterator - This creature is everything that black should be: big, high devotion, and just plain unfortunate to face.
- Syphon Mind - Probably my favorite black draw spell. Being two cards up on each of your opponents feels pretty solid.
- Temporal Extortion - Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I never play this card hoping for one mode or the other. I do my best to drop it where either mode is horrible for my opponents.
- Torment of Hailfire - Truth be told, I prefer this to Exsanguinate . I've put up some pretty ridiculous numbers with this bad boy. Even if it doesn't drop all of my opponents, whoever remains is usually so weakened they might as well be dead.
1 month ago
I know it's probably outside the realm of "budget as I can get" but you can pick up a Sensei's Divining Top for about $30, and it would enable a ton of shenanigans in this deck. Also slotting in a Future Sight alongside it would open up a few more infinite lines, since you already run Etherium Sculptor and Sai, Master Thopterist
High Tide occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
UR (Izzet): 0.49%