, : Gain .
|Have (3)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , PTsmitty ,|
|Want (2)||Lthedragon , pendraggon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Rakdos Signet Discussion
1 week ago
You can easily get to about 10 pieces of ramp in Rakdos. Talisman of Indulgence, Rakdos Signet, Sol Ring, Fellwar Stone, Arcane Signet, Mind Stone, Thought Vessel, Sword of the Animist, and Herald's Horn (if you've got enough minotaurs). Dockside Extortionist and Mana Crypt too if you already got 'em or are able to proxy. Generator Servant is nice also if you really want to ramp into something once and give it haste (or 2 hastey creatures if you spend on each.).
If you actually build this... consider Pain Magnification in your list. It's kinda a curse all opponents type effect as you or your opponents can make each other discard (but not you).
1 month ago
Hey, what you have so far is fine with many good cards, but also quite a few cards that look out of place or could be replaced with better even budget options. I see that you're not finished yet with your first version since have only 18 lands as well as missing Command Tower.
I want to mention that if you want to gain life then a good way is playing flying Angels who have lifelink who you can cheat onto the battlefield with Kaalia or even cast. Gaining life from attacking Angels goes well with the overall game plan of cheating creatures onto the battlefield attacking.
After you add more lands to get 35-38 then also consider adding more ramp?
Cards such as Wanderer's Twig and Armillary Sphere are not ramp since they don't put the land you get onto the battlefield, it goes into your hand for a land drop. These types of cards are quite bad when there's actual mana rock ramp that could be added. Weathered Wayfarer also isn't ramp, but the difference is it can be a repeatable effect to get a land which is worth it from a one drop. A reason to add more ramp is as a backup plan to be able to cast high CMC creatures if and when Kaalia gets disrupted since don't count on having/controlling Kaalia all game.
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey, good work in progress so far for a first deck with an interesting concept.
Command Tower and Arcane Signet are two staples to consider adding. Consider adding some flying creatures who can disrupt your opponent to help you do keep the monarch and some repeatable sources of flying creatures?
- Archon of Emeria and Rule of Law can bring the game to a halt which helps you to keep the monarch.
- Windborn Muse and Ghostly Prison make it more difficult for opponents to attack you which helps you to keep the monarch.
- Aven Mindcensor: doesn't let your opponents tutor which can give you a big advantage.
- Luminarch Ascension: it cares about each opponent's end step meaning in multiplayer Commander that it can get counters quick.
- Court of Grace: another source of the monarch.
Blind Obedience can be opponent mana rock ramp disruption and shuts off haste of opponent's creatures who might want to attack you. With Cunning Rhetoric opponent may not want to attack you because then you'll exile card from top of their library.
The mana curve is very high here since you have so many 5 CMC, 6 CMC or higher cards. Cutting some of them for lower CMC cards and more ramp would help gameplay. More two drop mana rocks can make it easier/faster to cast Marchesa. Since she's a 4 CMC creature then a turn two mana rock can potentially let you cast her turn three if you make your land drops.
- Arcane Signet
- Fellwar Stone
- Thought Vessel: no max hand size can help when you're drawing a lot of cards with the monarch.
- Boros Signet
- Orzhov Signet
- Rakdos Signet
Some lands to consider adding in place of some basic lands that are within your budget to improve the manabase:
- Rainbow lands: Command Tower, Exotic Orchard, Path of Ancestry
- Fetch lands: Fabled Passage
- Mardu lands: Nomad Outpost
- Bond lands: Vault of Champions, Spectator Seating
- Pain lands: Caves of Koilos, Battlefield Forge
- Filter lands: Rugged Prairie, Fetid Heath, Graven Cairns
- Check lands: Dragonskull Summit, Isolated Chapel, Clifftop Retreat
- Tango lands: Smoldering Marsh
If you're playing Dark Depths then consider Thespian's Stage? Stage is the land that combos with Depths to get Marit Lage. When you control Depths and Stage pay 2 mana to copy Depths with Stage. Stage becomes Depths with no ice counters on it and the legendary rule will take place since you can't control two legendary Depths at the same time. Choose to keep Stage and remove Depths. Since Stage has no ice counters it's saced to create Marit Lage.
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Archfiend of Depravity Archfiend of Despair Charmbreaker Devils Defiler of Souls Dread Cacodemon It That Betrays Mogis, God of Slaughter Reaper from the Abyss Rune-Scarred Demon Sheoldred, Whispering One Sin Prodder Skirsdag High Priest Sower of Discord Woebringer Demon Liliana's Contract Angrath, the Flame-Chained Liliana of the Dark Realms Ob Nixilis Reignited Dreadbore Commander's Sphere Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip Rakdos Signet Sol Ring Bedevil
2 months ago
Saw this deck list requesting help so ill provide some feedback here. First of all love the idea of winning with Eldrazi spawn tokens! I do feel though that you have too many creatures in the deck and could use some more utility spells to smooth out your games and push you towards your goal. I am not sure of your budget so ill try to keep that in mind with my feedback. Some ideas of this would be:
- Remove Benthic Infiltrator for Awakening Zone
- Remove Culling Drone for Arcane Signet
- Remove Dominator Drone for Sol Ring
- Remove Fathom Feeder for Baleful Strix
- Remove Mist Intruder for All Is Dust
- Remove Nettle Drone for Rhystic Study
- Remove Ruthless Deathfang for Dictate of Erebos or Grave Pact although the second is harder to cast
- Remove Salvage Drone for Ponder or Preordain or a similar spell
- Remove Sludge Crawler and Vestige of Emrakul for Dimir Signet or Golgari Signet or Gruul Signet or Izzet Signet or Rakdos Signet or Simic Signet
Some general things to think about. You look like you need some more card draw and mana ramp (hence some of my suggestions above) but also need some additional removal spells to slow down everyone else while you get your army built.
Hope some of this helps!
2 months ago
Hey, good work in progress and nice borderless alternative art Kaalia :)
Austere Command and Ruinous Ultimatum are two powerful board wipes. Both these wipes can be only opponent sided which can give you a huge board presence advantage. Kaalia really benefits from ramp as a backup plan to cast high CMC creatures if you can't cheat them onto the battlefield. My advice is find deck spots for more ramp.
- Arcane Signet --> Rapacious Dragon, since you have Goldspan Dragon, Rapacious is not needed.
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots --> Hellkite Punisher, subpar creature compared to the other seven drops.
If you only added two more ramp sources then these are the two to add. Rakdos can be cheated onto the battlefield with Kaalia and then he alone can be a backup being a source of colorless mana for ramp when he or any other creatures you control do combat damage to an opponent.
Can't go wrong with adding the the other Signets, more two drop ramp that's also color fixing to help the 20+ basic lands.
You have several really good lands Mesa, Foundry, Spectator, Vault, Haven, Gemstone, Savai, but then the rest of the manabase has much worse filler lands as well as 20 basic lands.
- Command Tower --> Akoum Refuge
- Exotic Orchard --> Bloodfell Caves
- Caves of Koilos --> Scoured Barrens
- Battlefield Forge --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Nomad Outpost --> Temple of Malice
Tower is a staple land for multicolored Commander decks. Orchard is also a staple land for three or more color decks in multiplayer. If you only added these five they would improve the manabase quite a bit, but you could take it further and add more dual lands in place of some basic lands to help color fixing which in return helps gameplay.
Of course all these land suggestions are budget ones, there's many other more expensive price lands such as other Rainbow lands, more Fetch lands, more Shock lands, Filter lands, other Check lands.
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
I made some small edits to the primer to account for something DonaldFuck pointed out.
I was shocked when I realize that I wasn't playing Wayfarer's Bauble , which is usually in all of my non-green decks. Rakdos Signet is actually kind of bad here as we don't love mana rocks that don't give us access to blue unless there are other upsides.
I'm also thinking about cutting Chromatic Lantern for the always amazing Burnished Hart . Lantern is still the best fixing around, but doesn't really cut it as ramp any more, meaning that if I don't need the fixing its a better call to just get more lands in place. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but will probably decide before I add Harmonic Prodigy and Step Through which are coming in the next update.