Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator
Legendary Creature — Siren Pirate
Whenever one or more Pirates you control deal damage to your opponents, you create a Treasure token for each opponent dealt damage. (It's an artifact with ", sacrifice this artifact: Gain one mana of any colour.")
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator Discussion
1 day ago
4 days ago
Can you explain your plan a bit. With so few pirates in the 98 you are relying on Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator as your only source of damage ramp. I don't see many haste, or flash, enablers so this looks like a slow plan. It does combo nicely with Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar giving you extra treasure when it hits; but it is easy to see it coming. I would add more pirates to at least get a slow burn on the ramp. I love the spell-slinger style, but I just don't think you want to use these two commanders for this style of deck.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Silas Renn, Seeker Adept could make an interesting artifact creature aristocrats deck, making it a bit different from your Korvold deeck.
Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator same kind of idea, also will help ramp into your 5 drop commander.
The only other partner that would give you blue and seems decent with Tevesh is Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix, which puts you into green as well but her ramping synergizes with Tevesh drawing cards a bit.
1 month ago
Hey, well done, very creative on a budget :)
Arcane Signet, Rainbow mana rock is an upgrade for Charcoal Diamond for the "The nine pieces of eight". Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator is a flying Pirate which helps to trigger Brass and is very good with the treasure strategy since he can be repeatable treasures. Malcolm could replace Trophy Mage since Mage is not a character and only has one 3 CMC artifact that's worth tutoring for and Deadeye Quartermaster can tutor for it.
Departed Deckhand is a Pirate who's consistently unblockable/make other Pirates unblockable is an upgrade for Captain Vargus Wrath since Wrath is not a character. Spectral Sailor flying one drop Pirate/repeatable draw source is an upgrade for Rowdy Crew since Crew is also not a character.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, well done for your first Commander deck on such a low budget.
Because of the low budget all my card suggestions will be $1 or less each. With Brass you want more low mana cost (CMC) Pirates who have evasion that way you can more easily do combat damage to an opponent with three Pirates. The two best evasion abilities to give Pirates are flying or unblockable as these will give the most potential to do combat damage to a player.
- Departed Deckhand: consistently is unblockable since there's a few Spirits played in Commander, but not in all decks. He can be a way to use mana each turn to activate his ability (mana sink) to make another Pirate or Pirates unblockable.
- Warkite Marauder: flying Pirate who has a strong attack trigger since you can make one creature of the opponent your attacking a 0/1 meaning if that creature blocks one of your Pirates it will die. This ability makes it easier to do combat damage to an opponent because your opponent is not going to block with the 0/1 and risk losing their creature.
- Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator: flying Pirate who can be a ramp engine by creating treasures. Malcolm and any other Pirates who do combat damage to an opponent creates a number of treasures equal to the number of different opponents who were dealt damage. Malcolm triggers to create a treasure whenever a Pirate does any kind of damage to a player not just combat damage.
- Fathom Fleet Captain: Pirate with menace and menace can be evasion, but only if the opponent you're attacking has few creatures to block with since the ability means that Fathom can't be blocked except by two or more creatures. He can be a repeatable source of Pirates, creating Pirate tokens.
- Coercive Recruiter: doesn't have evasion, instead it has a powerful repeatable effect to gain control of opponents creatures and the creatures you gain control of become a Pirate until end of turn. Recruiter triggers whenever any Pirate you control enters the battlefield (ETB) meaning as long as you have Pirates to cast or Pirate tokens to create they can help to clear the way for attacking Pirates to do combat damage to an opponent.
- Daring Saboteur: can make itself unblockable and she can be a repeatable draw source when she does combat damage to an opponent.
- Coastline Marauders: has trample, trample is evasion and he can do a lot of trample damage. With trample extra damage that a creature can do when blocked is done to the defending player instead. If he has 6 power and is blocked by opponent's 2/2 then 4 damage is done to the defending player.
There's some good support cards that can help Pirates to trigger Brass, protect Pirates or give you card advantage to stay ahead in the game.
- Reconnaissance Mission: can be lots of repeatable draw. Good with Pirates who have evasion because each Pirate who does combat damage to a player you draw a card.
- Archetype of Imagination: effect to want to ramp into by giving all creatures you control flying and makes it so your opponents can't block your creatures because they lose flying. Only an opponents creature with Reach can block your creatures with flying.
- In Garruk's Wake: effect to want to ramp into. Board wipe that only destroys all your opponents creatures and Planeswalkers. This is a powerful effect in multiplayer Commander and it can clear the battlefield for your Pirates to safely attack your opponents.
- Negate: staple counterspell that's easy to cast. Stops a board wipe for two mana.
Rainbow lands in Commander are very helpful when playing many colors. Most Rainbow lands are expensive price cards, but there's three staples that are each less than $1.
- Command Tower: staple land for any two or more color decks in Commander.
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry: tribal land for repeatable scry which helps with which cards you draw.
These 14 cards suggested could be added for about $8. If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Found another dumb bug doesn't really affect anything but Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator doesn't show up in creature tab but instead the unknown tab when editing a deck with the live edit feature. Just wanted to let someone know.