Creature — Elf Shaman
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
|Want (3)||Darui , notorius-B.D.A.W.G , peppington|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Common|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
Combos Browse all
- Elvish Promenade + Essence Warden
- Essence Warden + Korozda Guildmage + Wall of Blood
- Aluren + Essence Warden
- Bitterblossom + Essence Warden
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Essence Warden Discussion
18 hours ago
vic: Essence Warden would work in that scenario. basically any time a creature etb's, all etb effects are checked, even if the creature with the etb entered simultaneously. that's why in modern i can play a Collected Company, hit 2 Lavabelly Sliver, and then deal 4 damage and gain 4 life.
18 hours ago
Rhadamanthus Okay, so how about something like Essence Warden? If it technically comes in at the same time as the others, does its controller get to gain the life from everybody's creatures coming in?
6 days ago
I too think that 8 drain dudes are too much: in my opinion you'll be good with just the 4 of Marauding Blight-Priest. You could add green to take advantage of Essence Warden and the mana dorks like Avacyn's Pilgrim, Loam Dryad and Saruli Caretaker: they could help swarm the board and ping the opponent faster (or just attack with a huge army of 1/1s lol). Green also gives you acces to card draw like Winding Way and Lead the Stampede. Some time ago youtuber CalebGannon made an Abzan Soul Sister list with this strategy: you could check his video to take some inspiration. Happy brewing! :)
2 weeks ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
2 months ago
Animar with 4 counters on him makes Ancestral Statue free to cast. Each time you cast Ancestral Statue Animar gets another counter and you return a nonland permanent you control to it's owner's hand, use that ability to return Ancetral Statue back to your hand. You can keep casting and bouncing Ancestral Statue as many times as you want to put as many +1/+1 counters on Animar as you want.
When you have a number of +1/+1 counters on Animar equal to at least twice the total life of your opponents then you cast Walking Ballista with X being half the number of counters on Animar. It enters with enough +1/+1 counters on it for you to keep using its third ability until everyone else is dead.
This combo fits in the Damage, P/T and ETB sections. It can also go in the Infinite Life section if you replace Walking Ballista with Essence Warden.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Cut 4x Essence Warden
3 months ago
I would consider cutting Krenko, Mob Boss because it's a bit slow outside of dedicated goblins, Also Soul of Zendikar because it is also slow. I personally don't really like Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter either. And while Essence Warden, Soul Warden, and Soul's Attendant are all good cards I think having all 3 is a bit much. I would consider cutting one.