Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
, Sacrifice Lotus Petal: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
sylvannos on Hoax Storm v2
3 weeks ago
To start with, there's a few cards that have better Vintage equivalents. Overmaster and Spell Pierce should be the 3rd. and 4th. copies of Force of Will. Leftover space from cutting those can be Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast, or Flusterstorm. You don't need Faithless Looting because we have Paradoxical Outcome, Sensei's Divining Top, Gush, Dig Through Time, Treasure Cruise, and Brainstorm to choose from. Merchant Scroll also belongs in here, because you can use it to grab Ancestral Recall at the very least. Usually you want it to make sure you have protection in hand by grabbing countermagic.
Library of Alexandria isn't good in this deck. And you're not the type that needs 8x sources, so Steam Vents can go, along with a few copies of Volcanic Island (1 or 2). Replace all of these with four copies of Scalding Tarn and basic lands. Or even just play 6x fetches. You need to be able to shuffle after using Brainstorm, Ponder,and Sensei's Divining Top.
From here, you have a solid U/R Storm shell. However, I wouldn't play straight "Modern U/R Storm, but Power 9" dot dec. 2 mana is a lot for Goblin Electromancer, there are easier ways of winning than Grapeshot, and so on. The question then becomes "Where to go from here?"
- Paradoxical Outcome is just the nuts. By bouncing moxen and cheap artifacts, it's a ritual (since you can replay everything for , untapping it all) and it's a draw spell. However, Paradoxical Outcome requires Mox Opals, Lotus Petal, Lion's Eye Diamond, etc. so you'll have to cut rituals (likely Seething Song). The upside is you get an extremely powerful engine that can often end the game with a single Paradoxical Outcome.
- Thassa's Oracle is the new hotness for Vintage combo cards. You can win the game by casting Brain Freeze on yourself, then casting Thassa's Oracle. It also opens up more combos using Demonic Consultation and Doomsday. Sometimes you've just drawn a bunch of cards and have ~3 cards left in your deck.
- Tinker is too good in Storm not to play it. You're either getting Memory Jar, Bolas's Citadel, Time Vault (Voltaic Key is already good in Storm when combined with Mana Vault and friends), or a random wincon like Sphinx of the Steel Wind boarded in for game 2. Bolas's Citadel will essentially flip the top half of your deck into play.
- You can also play draw 7s (Wheel of Fortune, Timetwister, Memory Jar, Diminishing Returns) in combination with Narset, Parter of Veils and Hullbreacher.
- Mana Drain is good, but you may find it too slow if you make any of the above changes. It definitely does more work in a more control-oriented Storm deck with Narset, Parter of Veils, Dack Fayden, Grim Tutor, etc.
- Lastly, there's the question of Underworld Breach, Yawgmoth's Will, Monastery Mentor, or some combination of these. Underworld Breach will mean you can stay in two colors. Playing black for Yawgmoth's Will allows you to play Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Necropotence, Doomsday, Tendrils of Agony, and hardcasting Bolas's Citadel. Monastery Mentor both scales up and goes sideways. A single token is enough to kill someone combined with Paradoxical Outcome or a draw 7. Monastery Mentor is like casting Tarmogoyf and Empty the Warrens for three mana and one card.
Hope this helps! Welcome to MtG's oldest and greatest format.
amarthaler on EDH Skithiryx, the Blighted Dragon
1 month ago
Deck overhaul list!
Out: Cabal Ritual... Dark Ritual... Dark Confidant... Dash Hopes... Dauthi Voidwalker... Feign Death... Lotus Petal... Mana Crypt... O-Naginata... Oubliette... Royal Assassin... Sign in Blood... Sword of the Chosen... The Meathook Massacre... Vorpal Sword... Wasteland... Withering Boon... 1x Swamp
In: Blightbelly Rat... Contagion Clasp... Decanter of Endless Water... Drown in Ichor...Hand of the Praetors... Infectious Inquiry... Mirrex... Necrogen Communion... Nimraiser Paladin... Pestilent Syphoner... Phyrexian Arena... Sudden Spoiling... The Seedcore... Thought Vessel... Trailblazer's Torch... Vraska's Fall... Vraska, Betrayal's Sting... Whisper of the Dross
king-saproling on Kronk the forgemaster
2 months ago
Thoughts on these? Krark-Clan Ironworks, Cloudstone Curio, Priest of Urabrask, Mana Echoes, Thermopod, Goblin Engineer, Moonsilver Key, Haze of Rage, Sram, Senior Edificer, Stormrider Rig, Ronin Warclub, Ornithopter, Shield Sphere, Phyrexian Walker, Reckless Fireweaver, Ingenious Artillerist, Altar of Dementia, Lotus Petal, Ranger-Captain of Eos, Recruiter of the Guard
PickleNutz on Should I Put Talisman of …
3 months ago
Budget friendly cards Mind Stone, Commander's Sphere, Arcane Signet, Sol Ring, Thought Vessel, Worn Powerstone, Basalt Monolith, Lotus Petal, and any signets of the color combos you want are affordable mana sources that slot into anything. Some of the aforementioned rocks aren’t expensive. Some definitely are though. Again, I look for net positive sources and they tend to be expensive because I play in a highly competitive group most times. Net positive doesn’t always mean more mana than CMC or instant activation though. I like mana sources that fix, provide card draw, or fit into the scheme. A 1 drop mana fixing rock with a card draw ability is net positive. Arcum's Astrolabe is a great one that is inexpensive that only requires your basic lands be snow lands. Which is a great idea anyways because of land effects in commander.
jethstriker on Brother's War Spoilers
4 months ago
I'm also wondering about the tapped condition with Powerstone tokens. Treasure tokens, which are basically Lotus Petal, are okay but Powerstone tokens, with added artifact condition, are not? My guess is due to Standard and Limited reasons. Another guess is flavor reasons: they are paying homage to Worn Powerstone.
Niko9 on New Saheeli Brew Ideas
4 months ago
Hmm, the first thing that jumps out is a synergy with Flux Channeler If you could, and this is very theoretical probably, but have flux channeler on the board, cast Saheeli, then Mishra's Bauble + Lotus Petal would take you to surviving ult. And if you could stack a few ults, things like Spare Supplies or maybe Golden Egg might become very good.
There's probably some kind of artifact storm you could build with her if you could find a way to blink Saheeli for multiple ults in one turn. I can't think of how to do it off the top of my head, but maybe. It could also work in Sram, Senior Edificer and Paradise Mantle decks where 0 cost equips would not only draw with Sram, but proliferate with Flux Channeler to ult Saheeli to reduce artifact costs, to play other equipment like free Shadowspear or even free Luxior, Giada's Gift that you could then equip to saheeli. But it's a lot of things in place, so I don't know, just throwing out ideas : )
Also, I would absolutely play Treasure Vault in any Saheeli build. Artifact lands are so strong.
CalebKT on Pod Racing
4 months ago
Hey Venoctus thanks for the comments! Unfortunately I do not own a Lotus Petal but I have definitely considered Kaya's Ghostform
carpecanum on Muldrotha: Budget Elemental Tribe!
4 months ago
Kaya's Ghostform can't enchant Lotus Petal. Maybe you are thinking of another card Venoctus?
Bretagard Stronghold, Cryptic Caves, Encroaching Wastes, Blast Zone there are a ton of lands you can sac for value (and not that expensive of most).
Snake Basket is a lot of chump blockers but not thematic. Any of the Goad enchantments.
|Have (5)||TheRealSpecialK , Azdranax , metalmagic , QuestionMarc , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (12)||OutlandishMatt , fibion101 , OmegaBahamut , idioteque , Amaterasu312 , MegatronSpine , Phyrexian_Negotiator , Elsueter , AjaxSlumbering , BushDidTheBastille , Hiasei , Lostpike|