Combos Browse all Suggest
- Crystal Shard + Mnemonic Wall + Time Warp
- Corpsehatch + Mnemonic Wall
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Mnemonic Wall
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Wall
When Mnemonic Wall enters the battlefield, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
6 months ago
Thanks for the reply. I'm confused though. There is quite a bit of card draw and tutoring in the deck. Granted, this is an older build that hasn't underwent any changes since Commander Legends. This was a contest deck built solely for that purpose with what I believed to be at the time the best cards for this deck in specific.
When you note, "I don't see a lot of draw in this". I'm wondering if you really looked the deck over. I noted in early playtesting that it was lacking draw so I added as much as I could without concentrating solely on drawing cards. Examples below.
So I mean, There's plenty of draw and pseudo "draw" with transmute and tutor effects. There have been some other cards printed since that should probably be reviewed but I didn't intend on this being a deck I would really spend a lot of my time on. It was built primarily to showcase partner commanders. Especially those being newly released.
I'd be more than happy to hear out any changes that you think should be made. As far as I can tell the best pauper draw spells that are in this deck's color pie are already included in the deck. (Providing they were available for use when CMDR Legends was released).
7 months ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Drift of Phantasms, Merchant Scroll, Step Through, Vedalken AEthermage, Apprentice Wizard, Springleaf Drum, Sea Gate Oracle, Augur of Bolas, Repulse, Drag Under, Capsize, Salvager of Secrets, Mnemonic Wall, Scrivener, Rush of Knowledge.
Also I noticed you're running Treasure Cruise, which is banned in pauper. If your group doesn't care about the banlist, you might also consider running Peregrine Drake as it combos with things like Displace + Archaeomancer.
9 months ago
Asmoeus here are some suggestions around what I would do to improve the deck on a budget
- Remove Desert of the Fervent (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Evolving Wilds (will let you find a specific colour if you are missing one)
- Remove Desert of the Mindful (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Terramorphic Expanse (will let you find a specific colour if you are missing one)
- Remove Forgotten Cave (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Mountain
- Remove Lonely Sandbar (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Island
- Look decent. Gilded Lotus does have a high mana cost so would keep an eye on how often you cast it.
- Remove Creative Technique (with your lower mana curve odds of you revealing something really good is low) > Add Arcane Denial as a good, cheap counter spell
- Remove Fiery Encore (expensive and requires you to discard a high mana cost card to deal decent damage) > Add Solve the Equation (Tutor for the spell you need)
- Remove Charmbreaker Devils (returning spell at random will not often get what you need, and does not have a way to get around blockers) > Add Runaway Steam-Kin (Will help you cast more spells and give you mana)
1 year ago
Millstone , Inaction Injunction , and Geralf's Mindcrusher are three cards that seem on the weak side here. For the first, maybe something like Sphinx's Tutelage could make the best use of your cantrips for maximum cards milled. It would also make the detain card better, although I think I'd still prefer a more permanent answer like additional Detention Sphere , Darksteel Mutation , or the weaker but thematically consistent Deep Freeze . When it comes to the Mindcrusher, I think he's just too slow to only be milling 5-10 cards while not contributing to the defender gameplan. I'd probably just hard swap him for 3 more Wall of Lost Thoughts , Wall of Omens , or maybe Mnemonic Wall . Also, if you don't mind splashing black, Phenax, God of Deception is a great bomb to supplement Doorkeeper s.
1 year ago
One of my pet decks is my Lavinia of the Tenth flicker deck. I love flickering stuff for value and oppression.
There’s also the option of Glorious Protector infinite mana combo.
With any of these active, Brain Freeze wins, so do Aetherflux Reservoir and Sentinel Tower . For infinite mana, Capsize or Blue Sun's Zenith will make people scoop/lose. For infinite flicker combos, Venser, Shaper Savant bounces all opposing permanents and will make people scoop.
Lavinia flicker is my deck, though a bit out of date, might give you some good ideas.
1 year ago
Thanks Grind! Glad you like it :)
I think Spidersilk Armor can be integrated well to buff all defenders like you said. Mnemonic Wall on the other hand has a too high cmc for the deck in my opinion. Our creature have a maximum of 3-4 cmc to make sure we can play multiple defenders in one turn. Also, we don't run many instants or sorcerys in the deck, so i think the extra cost of this wall isn't worth it.
Thanks for the suggestions! Have fun with the deck!
1 year ago
I also wouldn't be playing Desert in a deck with so many color requirements, it could probably be replaced with another snow land.
Most of your colorless rocks also don't seem that great with nothing to accelerate into, I'd probably cut at least Thought Vessel , Ur-Golem's Eye , and Sisay's Ring since you have so few cards that actually require 2 or more generic mana, and extra hand size is irrelevant most games. Mind Stone would be better, but I still don't know if it would be very good anyway.
You could use many more pieces to make your combo more consistent, including but not limited to: Displace , Izzet Chronarch , Mnemonic Wall , Scrivener , and Salvager of Secrets . Maybe not all of them though.
Good luck with your boring deck! :P