Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger
Legendary Creature — Elder Giant
When Kroxa enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless it escaped.
Whenever Kroxa enters the battlefield or attacks, each opponent discards a card, then each opponent who didn't discard a nonland card this way loses 3 life.
Escape—, Exile five other cards from your graveyard. (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its escape cost.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger Discussion
2 days ago
I was actually thinking of a WRB deck with Lurrus of the Dream-Den as a companion. I can use stuff like Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , as he already is a good hand hate card even if his ETB "drawback" triggers.
Although...sticking to just WB would be infinitely cheaper and a lot more consistent.
Ach, Kroxa, why do you have to be such an expensive bastard?
2 days ago
Ah, true true. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that you constructed that deck for Vintage. I just assumed it was Modern since you usually make stuff for that format. That's probably why I overreacted a bit at first, lol. My bad.
Imma see what I can do for both Modern and Pioneer.
Still gonna be kinda expensive, though.
3 days ago
Brainspoil is a tutor only you can use, for your opponent it is just a 5 mana removal spell. Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger might be a good fit here too, it's only going to stick around if its cast from the graveyard and that can only work for you so its a possible win condition if shared fate doesn't work and it won't really backfire if your opponent finds one once shared fate is down. Shared fate is a pet card of mine as well! I feel like its really close to being viable.
1 week ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
3 weeks ago
I’ve moved on to my second iteration from mardu ( Ghen, Arcanum Weaver ) to rakdos ( Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger ) I like where it is, even if it’s fairly basic, now I just need to tune and improve it a bit.
3 weeks ago
Just build a voltron Kroxa deck and see what happens! Exclude infinites and just go hard into the staxy/voltron plan.
2 months ago
I really like this because my boy Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger makes an appearance and pushed the deck up. I think the royal scions is ok but maybe could use some other blue spell. Opt is nice but I personally think this is missing the Annul or Cancel to control sligthly more.
3 months ago
Liliana, Waker of the Dead was in the first draft which focused a little more on hand disruption with Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and I liked her as removal. I've been trying to find a way to get Rankle, Master of Pranks in but I just didn't think I could afford to replace the early drops. I've always known I'd make this swap considering the mana-cost and effects are so similar.
So my question now is: How many early-game hits do I need? Is it perfectly reasonable to just to cast Cathartic Reunion on 2 rather than set up a board state against aggro? I haven't been able to play the deck yet, purely theory-crafting, but I feel like it could work as is. The build you two seem to be suggesting would take out a lot of the interaction which is something I'm not really used to running or building. I think more importantly, I'm worried about being able to win at all if Offspring's Revenge gets countered. Maybe I'm over-valuing early pressure or I'm exaggerating combo's frailty, but I want to explore this build a bit more first.
What do you think of the Legion Angel suite? Worth it?