|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Rare|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Master of Etherium
Artifact Creature — Vedalken Wizard
Master of Etherium's power and toughness are each equal to the number of artifacts you control.
Other artifact creatures you control get +1/+1.
|Have (7)||gosora , Pumpkinking913 , STG , Skulldrey , , Zyrook , firemind12|
|Want (3)||greenegeek , philktoken8998 , Tugboat|
Master of Etherium Discussion
6 days ago
If you wanted, you could probably split your Sai, Master Thopterist count with a Saheeli, Sublime Artificer or two. She may make servos instead of thopters, but she fades common cheap creature removal and can turn one of your tokens into an extra copy of Master of Etherium for a turn.
1 month ago
While I don't think Experimental Frenzy necessarily changed Affinity, I do think it is one of the best card for the slot. There have been times in Modern when the format was slow enough for Etched Champion , but these days it's very fast. The red enchantment functions better in Affinity than any other deck, and it doesn't hurt that, between Mox Opal and Springleaf Drum , Affinity is capable of casting Frenzy on Turn 3 or even Turn 2, leading to some truly nasty starts.
On that note, I haven't playtested it enough to make it my main grind at FNM, and I currently grind Green Tron, which I'll try to post this weekend!
1 month ago
yeah thanks for pointing out panharmonicon PlatinumOne I wasn't quite sure. this deck is for now casual just to get down basics of construction of a deck so sol ring probably will stay for the moment unless I need room for cards better catering my deck, my next deck I make will probably be a modern to try out a different format. I was sorta split between ways to back my tokens I'm glad you pointed that out. budget is pretty limited at the moment though theres some room. Again thanks for all the replies. I'd been looking for a card like Master of Etherium as well.
1 month ago
oh boi, theres alot of things to talk about here so let me try to break the things down simply. Also i saw this from the forum post so im going to assume as a newer player you dont know a bunch of things.
- what format do you intend this to be? There are quite a few such as standard(the new sets released where cards rotate out cards expire) Modern cards that are from 8th edition going up to the newest sets (this is what im assuming you are after) Legacy and vintage which are basically all the cards (but they have seperate banlists and are very expensive formats) Pauper a format where you can only use commons. peasant a format with only commons and uncommons and EDH or commander a different monster all together which id rather not try to simplify.
Theres also casual which you might be aiming for as its an anything goes format. but i do not recommend this personally as overtime as your deck improves you wont be able to take it to tournaments. so my suggestions will be for modern i guess.
- Budget- Id recommend you would add a budget per card or just an overall look at how you are willing to spend in the description as it greatly helps people. im gonna throw some cheap and more expensive suggestions all together tho.
Now lets get to the deck:
First of all, Sol Ring is banned basically everywhere except for commander and casual so if casual is what you are aiming for and not modern i guess it stays.
now, one really important thing in magic, especially for beginner deck builders is consistency. You want a plan, which you have(an army of big artifact tokens). so with that knowledge you build the core of the deck, Basically whatever lets you execute the plan and stockpile up on those effects, in your case is karn and panharmonicon. an additional card i can think of with that effect is Master of Etherium .
now some basic rule of thumb on consistency. Youd like 4x of the cards you want to see every game 3x of cards youd like to see every game but not in multiples, 2 of if you can manage not seeing it but definitely do not want a multiple copy and 1x if its a card you dont mind never seeing but can be super good in situations. tho if budget is restricting you from going 4x or 3x when it comes to certain particular cards dont worry too much about it.
after you figure out the core of the deck you would most likely want to build the package to support it. a decks support comes in many different variants, in your case you have added controll(through your counterspells and removal) ramp(throught well..ramp cards) and recursion(through the cards that take artifacts out of the graveyard). id recommend that you choose just one of the support packages and drop the others for more room. personally i like to go the controll route as a timely removal spell like Path to Exile can save games. try to decide on which you want to persue.
honestly, i wish i could say more here but my boss just arrived so off i am XD goodluck
1 month ago
I like this idea alot. +1
I do feel that if your issue is that it feels luck based you want to improve card-draw and selection.
If you splashed blue I'd also consider Master of Etherium
2 months ago
I would recommend putting 3-4 Master of Etherium in the main board because it's a huge hitter and pumps the rest of your team, also Etched Champion is only a 2/2 and you could always put some into your sideboard or run 3.
3 months ago
Hey, fellow 'Laddie brewer! Stopping by to suggest some ideas to your deck.
It looks like you're mostly trying to go wide with tokens, and occasionally punish with big bois, or all the big bois. I noticed you have several token makers, but not enough big bois to make tokens of, or copy makers themselves. In this scope, allow me to suggest a few cards and possible pieces you could directly replace. These suggestions are rather minor as I don't want to change the scope of the deck entirely, as it should still be yours. :)
- Trading Post in for Whirlermaker : 4 mana and tap to make a dude is too expensive. A better option is to put in good ol' Trading Post as it makes a 0/1 goat for 1 mana and 1 life. Remember that life is a resource too, and at 40 in EDH, 1 life won't make that much of a difference. Besides, Trading Post does it all! Draws a card, recurs artifacts, creates tokens, and gains life. Excellent piece for any artifact deck.
- Cyclonic Rift for Aether Gale : This is the first big money upgrade I'm suggesting. I understand if you want to maintain a budget, but consider splurging on a CyRift if you see the chance to trade for one or come across some extra dineros. It bounces EVERYTHING except for your big bad bois, so you can swing out and win.
- Chaos Warp : Izzet suffers from the ability to remove enchantments or exiling in general (other than very few spells like Lava Coil or Curse of the Swine , two cards you also may want to consider as removal), so having a card that can hit anything is imperative. Chaos Warp at $2ish does just that. At instant speed! Oh, I'm about to get swung at with an unblockable Blightsteel Colossus ? Nope that noise. They've got Propaganda or Sphere of Safety ? Tuck it away! Thus, your chances to win increase even more. Like your number of tokens.
- Twinflame : Cheap copy maker, and you can make even more copies of more things, but only one is enough for Laddie to create an army. It's a bulk-ish card so it shouldn't hurt the budget.
- Desolation Twin : Another bulk card that makes a token on entry?? Excuse me?? Yup. Gives you a free 10/10 token on arrival that Brudiclad would like to use as a template. No annihilator, though, but an army of 10/10s is NOTHING to laugh at.
- Master of Etherium : A cheap, stronger, yet more vulnerable alternative to Darksteel Juggernaut. For three mana, its P/T is also equal to the number of artifacts you control, but it gets better. Other artifacts you control get +1/+1, meaning that EVERY Master of Etherium buffs the rest, giving you effectively twice as much power as the same number of Darksteel Juggernauts. And the cheap mana cost means you can pay to make a token of it on the same turn, then swing out with 10 tokens with 19/19. That's death. lol
- Flameshadow Conjuring : This card's worth a couple of bucks, but it's an enchantment that makes a token of anything you play for red. One mana. That's it. With Etherium Sculptor out, you would pay full price for a big beater AND a token of it that Lad is going to replicate. This card sees plenty of hate, so be way of when you play. Also, the token goes away at end of turn, so make
- Dance of Many : Old, cheap enchantment (costs UU to play) that makes a copy of ANYTHING on the board. Has a UU maintenance cost at the upkeep, but it doesn't matter if you already made other copies and swung with them all.
I invite you to look at (my build)[http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brudiclad-the-big-bad-boi-builder/] and compare lists for ideas. Again, I didn't suggest many changes because I don't want to take away from the deck; it should still be yours. Lemme know what you think of these changes!
4 months ago
For the good cards ... I'm not a regular Sydri pilot, but here's a penny for my thoughts on this fun commander. Tamiyo's Journal is a good beater that plops out artifacts/draw. Faerie Artisans / Thoughtcast / Thirst for Knowledge are really good for this deck, Dispatch / Stoic Rebuttal is always good for redundancy. March of the Machines is good in case your commander gets tree'd or stolen . Mechanized Production might be good for Phyrexian Metamorph / Master of Etherium /tokens from Sharding Sphinx / Smothering Tithe etc.
For the weaker cards ... Planar Cleansing could be replaced with Hour of Revelation . Profane Procession Flip/ Predator, Flagship could go because of its overall cost, and it doesn't do anything else over time or when it enters, and it doesn't fit the themes of the deck. Revel in Riches might be good with the amount of board wipes but you'll be targeted for it, it's an upkeep trigger (so people will have time to respond, and with sorceries). Treasure Map Flip is rather weak because it turns into a land so you can't abuse it like an artifact, and is 5 mana to eventually draw 3 or maybe 3+ cards. Treasure Mage does 'draw' and the best big artifact to abuse, but it's overall 9 mana unless you have Master Transmuter or something, and doesn't get any wincon that I can see. Ruthless Knave takes a lot of hoops to get through to draw or ramp, but a lot of my criticisms were at the treasure cards so you keep that theme then drawing more cards for no mana is good. Palladium Myr is not ramp, it's just sadness. Sphinx of the Steel Wind is expensive for a 7 turn clock on turn seven, but it's fun because it could fit your meta and is protected from the colors outside your color pie.
For win cons ... Aetherflux Reservoir / Staff of Nin / Caltrops are all all-star with this commander, and Tezzeret the Seeker could fetch caltrops/aetherflux but non paradox engine etc. If you're interested in a combo win, you could do Sword of the Meek / Thopter Foundry , or Sharuum the Hegemon / Phyrexian Metamorph and something to abuse the etb loop like Altar of the Brood / Genesis Chamber / Contraband Kingpin / Disciple of the Vault / Blood Artist / Marionette Master etc.
Master of Etherium occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%