Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't play spells or activated abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Creatures target player controls become 0/2 and lose all abilities until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sudden Spoiling occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Sudden Spoiling Discussion
1 month ago
3 months ago
iammute - you're welcome, its always nice to see mono-black decks :D
Yea, Lithoform Engine is a bit more pricey, but Im sure its worth it :) I already ordered one for my Submit to the Matrix.
You could most likely cut out Chromatic Lantern, since Gonti already enables you to pay any mana type (not just color, so you can pay colored mana to pay colorless mana) and even cast spells exiled with Gonti even if he is not in the game, so Chromatic Lantern is just an expensive mana rock. You could either fit Lithoform here or use another mana rock.
Also, there is a nice little combo of Sheoldred, Whispering One+Massacre Wurm together with Sudden Spoiling. At the beggining of your upkeep, Sheoldred's ability triggers, returning Wurm into play, hold priority and cast Sudden Spoiling. Sudden Spoiling resolves, target opp's creatures become 0/2 (it has Split Second), so your opponents cant respond to it anymore), Sheoldred's ability resolve bringing Wurm into play, its ETB ability goes to stack, giving all creatures you opponents control -2/-2.
4 months ago
Im not sure yet how strong i want to build this deck. Initially i thought of a power level around 7-8. but the nature of the deck often leads to turn 3-4 combos which feels quite competitive. If i decide to up the power leven Lake of the Dead and Sadistic Sacrament will be included. however in my casual playgroup exiling 15 cards from a single player might lead to me losing some friends ;)
4 months ago
I'm personally not a fan of Reservoir/Citadel/Top combo, but your deck looks just great! :D Got you some cards which you might think about putting in. :D
1) Beacon of Unrest - should definitely be there to get Reservoir/Citadel/Top back.
2) Malakir Rebirth Flip - to protect K'rrik or any other important creature, also land if needed. :)
3) Feed the Swarm - to get rid off some annoying enchantments.
4) Sadistic Sacrament - not really any combo card, but with K'rrik out you can easily pay for Kicker cost and 6 life to exile 15 threatening cards in target opponent's library. People have some mixed opinions on this, but its pretty interesting card that can win just by exiling the right cards. Also spying on an opponent's deck (Bitter Ordeal is love).
5) Lake of the Dead - You could also include this as an additional ramp.
6) Tortured Existence - I play this in my Syr Konrad For the Void deck and its just great.. its part of a combo, but could be also helpful here to get some big creatures back to hand or into graveyard to reanimate them.
7) Also, with Sheoldred, Whispering One and Sudden Spoiling in the deck, you might use Massacre Wurm. Get wurm intwo graveyard, let Sheoldred's upkeep reanimator ability trigger, target Wurm, cast Sudden Spoiling. Creatures of target player become 0/2, Wurm resolves and finishes them off.
4 months ago
Hey LordKunai, thank you! I am happy to offer my opinion.
Dismember is an excellent card in general, but I think I’m running enough removal for now.
Darkness was in an earlier version of this build, but I found that I would rather have a discard spell then a stall spell that only lasts 1 turn. Plus I prefer using enchantments to lockdown creatures, or board wipes to remove multiple creatures at once.
Liliana's Caress and Megrim are good options, but I chose to exclude them because I would rather run discard spells to reduce the opponent to 0 cards in hand. This seems counter-intuitive at first, but the goal of this build is to take advantage of Tinybones’ abilities, and Caress/Megrim do not promote that objective.
Torment of Hailfire is great when you have enough mana to win in a single turn. In other situations it ends up being a dead card. It was in an earlier version of this build that also ran Crypt Ghast and had a focus on ramping.
In this latest version I avoid creatures (other than Dark Confidant ) to focus on my primary objectives. Plus I’m running lots of board wipes and cards like Noetic Scales , and I don’t think the Ghast is cost effective if I play it for 4 mana, then only get a few turns of use out of it before it dies.
4 months ago
Love the deck. just wanted to ask your opinion on a few cards. I read through the archive to try to make sure these cards hadn't been discussed yet, HOPEFULLY i didn't miss them. :)
4 months ago
5 months ago
Vanquisher's Banner is an extremely reliable way to generate some Card Draw (pretty much essential in a deck anymore), and Grave Defiler is another extremely good way to work through your deck faster. Cryptbreaker isn't really reliable since not only do you need at least 2 other Zombies in play to activate him, but you also Tap them which takes away from your attack potency for the turn.
Cheers on your choice of Sudden Spoiling, that's another one I tend to recommend. Split Second is so powerful and so often overlooked.