|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
Combos Browse all
Ivy Lane Denizen
Creature — Elf Warrior
Whenever another green creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
Ivy Lane Denizen Discussion
5 days ago
Looks good. You might like these: Cephalid Constable , Master Biomancer , Hooded Hydra , Fathom Mage , Spark Double , Sporeback Troll , Sage of Hours , Ivy Lane Denizen , Fungal Sprouting , Cultivator of Blades , Wild Beastmaster , Chasm Skulker , Inexorable Tide , Fertilid , Inspiring Call
1 week ago
I pulled yisan in my 2015 fat pack. I laughed and thought 'what is this guy'. The whole design of yisan is hilarious to me. A bard with 'verse' counters. And his ability is dummy strong. Reclamation Sage or even just Elvish Mystic early, anything up to Siege Wurm or Elderscale Wurm mid and even Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or other, less powerful and less big but still threatening eldrazi. I didn't have any counter manipulation, though, so i used sac outlets to reset his counters, or swung with him or something. Even still, as just a casual play deck(my competitive decks were daretti and Kaalia of the vast), he was strong. I didn't even run good green stuff. One of my best threats was Ivy Lane Denizen , for perspective. I didn't have a lot of the green ramp stuff like dorks and land enchants because this is my only green deck. It's still passably good.
I'd go with him out of the three you mentioned. The flash ability is kinda nice, but doesn't do anything game winning on its own, like yisan's 'tutor value and big shit and win'. Selava may potentially benefit opponents, but her ramp is nice. I think you definitely want yisan though.
1 week ago
My list certainly isn't cEDH but thought I'd through in some of my favourites as food for thought.
1 week ago
Ivy Lane Denizen plus any green Persist creature, such as Safehold Elite or Rendclaw Trow , works. Unfortunately, that combo costs quite a bit more. Seems like a few people have been brewing around with it.
2 weeks ago
I think these cards are all pretty good for this budget build.
2 weeks ago
These may interest you: Pollenbright Wings , Fungal Sprouting , Verdant Embrace , Sigil of the Nayan Gods , Mantle of Leadership , Ivy Lane Denizen , Seed Spark , Nomads' Assembly , Mentor of the Meek , Glare of Subdual , Second Harvest , Shamanic Revelation , Season of Growth , Druids' Repository , March of the Multitudes
1 month ago
It all depends on who you're using as the commander. If you're using Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons you'll really want to focus it down. Are you looking for the -1/-1 counter part of it or the 1/1 snake tokens? Hapatra can go off very quickly with snakes.
-Credit to akumawerewolf for his great Hapatra combo list.
1 month ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
Ivy Lane Denizen occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%