Ivy Lane Denizen
Creature — Elf Warrior
Whenever another green creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||None|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
Combos Browse all
- Ivy Lane Denizen + Renata, Called to the Hunt
- Ivy Lane Denizen + Viscera Seer + Woodfall Primus
- Carrion Feeder + Ivy Lane Denizen + Woodfall Primus
- Blasting Station + Ivy Lane Denizen + Woodfall Primus
- Altar of Dementia + Ivy Lane Denizen + Woodfall Primus
- Ivy Lane Denizen + Phyrexian Altar + Woodfall Primus
- Ashnod's Altar + Ivy Lane Denizen + Woodfall Primus
- Ivy Lane Denizen + Puppeteer Clique + Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder + Ivy Lane Denizen + Puppeteer Clique
- Blasting Station + Ivy Lane Denizen + Puppeteer Clique
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ivy Lane Denizen occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Ivy Lane Denizen Discussion
1 week ago
Had it pointed out to me that Renata, Called to the Hunt is just another (sometimes better) Ivy Lane Denizen. Renata gives all creatures a +1/+1 counter on ETB not just Green creatures (Puppeteer Clique shenanigans?) thought it was worth pointing out.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I know your heart might be set on Rith, but Tana, the Bloodsower and Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder are great generals for this strategy. Giving Tana doublestrike while she has a Bravado effect is really powerful (her first hit makes saps, which makes her twice as big, so the second hit makes her 4x as big: exponentially increasing damage + saproling output). Here's a budget list with them if you're curious: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wide-tall-super-budget/
These cards might catch your eye: Betrothed of Fire, Hope Against Hope, Mantle of Leadership, Fanatical Devotion, Perilous Forays, Pollenbright Wings, Storm the Citadel, Five-Alarm Fire, Keeper of Fables, Requiem Angel, Fungal Plots, Utopia Mycon, Eidolon of Countless Battles, Ivy Lane Denizen, Rapacious One, Pallid Mycoderm
1 month ago
1 month ago
Daedalus19876, thx for your answer!
Yes, only Yawgmoth is weak against removal spells and Linvala, Keeper of Silence especially...
Why I've focused on speed is there are many hi-speed decks in meta game Japan like Inalla, Archmage Ritualist.
But actually, now game speed become slower because of Thassa's Oracle and Flash banned, so I think I should consider about other combos like your deck. I once used some other sub-combos, so I will try to use again them. Your Ivy Lane Denizen seems nice! and I'm thinking about Champion of Lambholt because this is almost Woodland Champion and combination with Hapatra appears to be nice.
2 months ago
1) Tap Devoted Druid for mana. 2) Put a -1 counter on Devoted Druid to untap her. 3) Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons triggers, to make a snake. 4) The snake enters the battlefield, triggering Ivy Lane Denizen. 5) Put the +1 counter onto Devoted Druid, where it cancels the -1 counter.
Repeat for infinite snakes and infinite mana. If Devoted Druid has summoning sickness, you can still generate infinite snakes, but you won't get the infinite mana because you are forced to skip Step 1.
3 months ago
Forgotten Ancient, Ivy Lane Denizen, Wood Elves and Farhaven Elf seem good. If you do go down the elf path, consider Immaculate Magistrate and Joraga Warcaller. Cloudstone Curio and Aluren with 2 creatures with less than 3 casting cost put infinite counters on the commander. Proliferate cards like Contagion Engine synergize with your commander.