|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
(X), Tap: Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost X or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||, Azdranax , Mousemke , Metaphisyk , ajc3527 , Nemesis|
|Want (3)||Ssserra , TheBl0b , samuelianstorm|
Citanul Flute Discussion
4 weeks ago
For starters, this looks like a fun deck to play. Swarming the board with tokens is always an exciting strategy. I find myself agreeing with ZendikariWol though about swapping commanders. This kind of deck would probably prefer a commander that costs less than 7 because that's a lot.
Also, your mana curve is rather high. Lowering it means you'll have more to play on earlier turns more often.
Here are some cards I might recommend adding:
- Conqueror's Pledge - I heard you liked soldiers
- Captain's Call or Cenn's Enlistment - similar effects, one has more upfront tokens but the other you can cast repeatedly.
- Hero of Bladehold - not a soldier herself but brings friends and buffs all attackers
- Teferi's Protection - token decks are weak to boardwipes. This phases you and all your permanents out of existence letting your token army dodge the removal. Obviously this is expensive, so I think it would depend on your meta
- Sergeant-at-Arms - Makes one soldier early game. Makes 3 soldiers late game
- Daru Warchief - buffs and discounts
- Field Marshal - buffs and first strike
- Veteran's Armaments - essentially a 0 equip cost
Here are some cards I might recommend removing:
- Planar Portal - wow, 12 mana tutor. That's a lot of mana. And you do have Citanul Flute which is similar
- Angelic Arbiter - this prevents you from casting something like Mobilization and then capitalizing on it
- Herald of War - not a soldier, doesn't buff all your non-human soldiers
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch - lots of mana, $5
- Requiem Angel - also not a soldier. Though the tokens are nice, they aren't soldiers, to be fair
- Weathered Wayfarer - I know white doesn't have tons of options for this kind of thing, but this is $14 and seems rather out of place.
3 months ago
As I read you put this is your first EDH deck so do you know that Arcum is one of the competitive EDH decks.
A lot of people run Zero Drop artifact creatures like Phyrexian Walker and the like.
Then make infinite Mana at this point and with the flute on the field you can just pull out any creature in your deck.
But most people just go get Walking Ballista.
Then play it for an insane amount of Mana and after it hits the field remove 1/1 counters to deal damage directly to their opponents.
4 months ago
If you want to further pursue the avenue; I have a few more ideas.
Verdeloth the Ancient
Bonfire of the Damned
Stream of Life
There's plenty more, but a lot of the one-shot burn spells are just that, one-shot, and don't keep hurting your opponent's turn after turn. Obviously that's a lot of suggestions so choose what's fun for you. This isn't a highly used archetype so a lot of the cards are pretty cheap :)
Cards like Decree of Annihilation scare me as they slow down the game, but one of your opponents could use something like Sensei's Divining Top to get ahead quicker. I know, I've done that to an opponent before after they played Apocalypse.
Genesis Wave drops all of your x-costing creatures onto the 'field as 0/0s and they die. So if you do add a ton of hydras etc I'd suggest removing it. Citanul Flute is epic in here since the converted cost of say, Savageborn Hydra, is only 2.
Anywho, have fun! +1 from me! Pease take a minute to check out some of my decks and +1 them! Cheers
4 months ago
Hey, I dig the deck. I'd suggest checking out Citanul Flute, once you have Paradox Engine in play there are some interesting chains you can go through cycling 0 costing creatures for storm or for untapping mana rocks. I read a couple posts about it when the engine was first spoiled but can't remember where, might be worth googling.
5 months ago
Thank you for the comments and upvotes so far, everyone! :) I really appreciate them all!
@KeelHaul10: I've got the Marath, Will of the Wild precon, and I've played it a few times, but I'm still not sure on how to focus him or build with him. I like your suggestion, though, and would be more than willing with tinkering with some kind of build with him. I'll take any and all suggestions on how to focus with him. I've looked around at some other builds with him, but I'd really rather not build one like everyone else does, cause that's just no fun. But I understand he tends to be rather powerful?
@Darkshadow327: Herald's Horn is in the maybeboard/sideboard; I went back and forth between that and Vanquisher's Banner, and I ended up going with the Banner for the card draw. I could add the Horn in, but am not for sure what I'd take out. I checked out your build, and I like it. Titanic Ultimatum appears especially nasty as long as it doesn't get countered (but that casting cost!). Privileged Position is a bit more expensive than I want to pay right now, but down the road I'll consider it, for sure.
@airbornezenith: Those are great suggestions, but I figured with what I had going on with Call of the Wild and the like, I didn't think I need them. I'll see how it keeps playing out, though, and those cards could very easily work their way in. That, and I subbed my Citanul Flute into my Dragon precon for the time being...
5 months ago
6 months ago
I have this deck as well. Please consider Citanul Flute as all you have to do is pay to tutor any hydra you want.