|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Change the target of target spell with a single target. You lose life equal to that spell's converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Imp's Mischief Discussion
2 weeks ago
I run the george combo in my Tymaret, the Murder King deck. so, Ill tell you what everyone tells me: Lyzolda does it better. But +1 for goin against the grain. Nice list.
A few things Ive learned along the way to get the CMC lower for Ad Naus and Dark Confidant. I recommend Toxic Deluge in place of Blasphemous Act. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is awesome but, 6CMC really hurts, and I don't see him advancing your strategy. Maybe trade for more interaction like Imp's Mischief or more draw like Necropotence. And you already have Sidisi for a reanimation tutor, Id drop Rune-Scarred Demon for Dark Petition. Insidious Dreams is sweet if you have a grip of cards in hand, but Diabolic Intent can be better if you have enough fodder. And depending on your meta, swap Go for the Throat with Slaughter Pact.
3 weeks ago
There are a few that are solid that you're missing:
Unsubstantiate: probably "swiss"
Memory Lapse: "cheap"
Guttural Response: new category "counter counter" (i.e. what non-blue decks can play against blue)
Imp's Mischief: "counter counter"
Mystic Confluence: "swiss". While it's the most expensive of the lot, it came with the commadner decks and should thus probably be included. Technically so did Flusterstorm but that was back when the decks were much more of a limited run.
1 month ago
I like the idea.
You could add a few more spells that change the targets of spells, like Divert, Imp's Mischief, or Captured by the Consulate. I'd also shore up the manabase a bit, maybe add fetch lands like Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, and Warped Landscape and some mana rocks like Obelisk of Esper and Commander's Sphere.
1 month ago
Almost half a year later, I added in your suggestion of Imp's Mischief. I also added a couple other goodies. Let me know what you think :)
1 month ago
I play a Mikaeus-deck myself and I really like your work. But I think your mana-curve is not really that optimal. I play many ramp cards and only combo-pieces, which allows to make a turn 4 or turn 5 kill, nearly every time. Please also be aware, that Mikaeus gives all your creatures +1/+1, so things like Mindless Automaton don't work, even if you kill them manually, it's stuck with only one +1-counter. If you want to make your deck more consistent and more deadly, take out all cards that don't kill your opponents IMMEDIATELY with Mikaeus. Cards like: Abhorrent Overlord or Dusk Urchins all need preparation time, so think about cutting them. Also cards like Liliana of the Veil don't do anything for your combo in this deck and are better off in a good modern deck (Oh, I wish I had one myself :( ). Here are some cards that I highly recommend to you, in order to combo off faster, and better:
Fume Spitter (I love him but only in my starting hand)
Diabolic Servitude (maybe, but recommend)
Infernal Darkness (maybe, but always worth it)
Sidisi, Undead Vizier (maybe...)
Dread Return (maybe...)
Pentavus (The only 7-drop allowed in this deck)
Grinding Station (you have many artifact creatures then...)
You may ask: "And what shall I cut?"Every Planeswalker, they do nothing for you in this deck. Every damn card that costs 5 mana or more (Only Exceptions are Pentavus and Triskelion) . (Yes, you can also cut Sidisi, Undead Vizier, if you have enough tutors). And everything, that doesn't combo with Mikaeus in a way that doesn't kill all your opponents immediately. Your goal is to win the game as soon as Mikaeus hits the battlefield. Most of the time the disruption can't do anything, because you can combo off in response to that. And to make it as fast as possible, add all mana artifacts known to mankind to your deck. Thran Dynamo, Jet Medallion and so on, and so on. You don't need any removal or any Temporal Extortion or Imp's Mischief and stuff like that. Aim for a turn 4 kill and cut everything that doesn't support your idea. There will be no threats on turn 4 or five that need you to have any special removal.
Hope this helps out.
If you want, I can post a link to my Mikaeus deck. I don't like to do advertisement for my decks, so I do it, if you want to see my idea of a perfect deck.
1 month ago
@elephantambush Hi there, just saw this list up on reddit (I think I've seen this list before?) and I'm quite interested in some of the card choices:
- I see you have the black rituals but why none of the red one? (I'm talking about Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc) the deck seems to have enough red cards for these to be solid inclusions. Also why Inner Fire? I understand how you want to have a decent hand size via TSG, but you're only getting about 1-3 red mana so wouldn't the rituals be better?
- I'm not a fan of giving your opponents resources, but Mana Flare can backfire extremely hard (trust me, there's always someone who'll benefit more from this than you) I would replace it with Braid of Fire (bit slow so might not be the best choice tho) or with Caged Sun, or just another red ritual.
- TBH I think the first outlet should be replaced with Walking Ballista, I mean you've already got half the mike combo (NB: since ur at infinite TSG acts a sac outlet) in there, Exsanguinate and Walking Ballista can both be countered but rakdos has more ways to get back creatures from the graveyard than opposed to sorceries (red has some janky ones).
- for board clear Fire Covenant can do work here (life is just a resource) its acts as a one side clear or removal for threatening targets.
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth > Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
- you'll definitely need more than just reanimation spell, just having Animate Dead isn't really enough (especially since there are bearly any tutors, and this deck relies too heavily on drawing into the combo) Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy should be included in case animate dead gets countered or exiled (trust me it more often happens when your opponents know you're going for worldgorger).
- This is list seems to require TSG on the field to function, so adding in protection (eg Imp's Mischief) for the commander would be a must.
- Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion?
Either way, I'll leave my list if you're interested in looking for some things to improve or add (it's more of a competitive list but includes many ways to protect TSG which I think your list lacks) Scorpion god combo (CEDH)
1 month ago
How do you feel about Imp's Mischief? I prefer it over Burnout for its versatility. On our combo turn it works the same against blue counters, but it also helps us against removal and discard, among other things.
1 month ago
Imp's Mischief red and blue do better no doubt about it but this is a very powerful effect for mono black.