|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Spirit
Bloodghast can't block.
Bloodghast has haste as long as an opponent has 10 or less life.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may return Bloodghast from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||tragic_slip , awalloftext , fireborne1986 , Roadhog , Lindough , Dredgar|
|Want (5)||mcstang1986 , , Turtlelover73 , TheRealPeaches , Dadaman11|
13 hours ago
the problem wiht mono B vamps is that it doesnt have enough to be compettive just as mono black beatdown. once upon a time RB vamps was a real thing, it basically just splashed red for some Lightning Bolt and whatnot burn to get Bloodghast hasted really fast.
Gifted Aetherborn doesnt really do too much for your deck, it does have nice tags but without the flying its nowhere enar the power of nighthawk. and for removal maybe Dismember Victim of Night and Go for the Throat are all really better than Doom Blade
1 day ago
You almost ought to play Smallpox - zombies are cheap, so you won't miss that land too much, and you have 8 creatures that play from the GY.
Tigersol I'm guessing that the point of the lands is to make fetches into swamps, so they can tap for mana, but they can also be cracked to fetch a land, thereby triggering landfall and dragging Bloodghast of the graveyard.
1 day ago
They aren't critical, but turning on Fatal Push and Bloodghast is pretty important. Someone restrained by budgetary concerns could easily cut those two cards and run basics though. I also kinda like the different random fetches because at a large tournament it throws them off ("Polluted Delta... Marsh Flats... What is this????")
1 day ago
The fetchlands turn on both Fatal Push and Bloodghast. That combined with some expensive sideboard cards are the reason for the high price tag, this build is actually a lot more budget-able than most of my brews.
2 days ago
hey :) i think the modern zombie decks tend to run more aggro rather than control; lands that don't come in to play tapped, and more 1-cost spells/creatures. i personally don't like playing aggro decks, because they make me sick, so i'm going to suggest some more control/midrange stuff for you.
2 days ago
Victimize has been amazing when it works but a dead draw a lot. this deck doesnt get many creatures in the graveyard for long in the early game, so it can be hard to have the two creatures to reanimate. and some of the targets you have are a waste (Bloodghast). changed it out for single target reanimates
3 days ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
4 days ago
Bloodsoaked Champion and Reassembling Skeleton are quite expensive to get back, what about Bloodghast instead? Or some creatures with Undying? I agree with recursion - Immortal Servitude could be good for the deck. Also, you might need more than just Viscera Seer as a sac outlet. Maybe Blasting Station or something?