|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Spirit
Bloodghast can't block.
Bloodghast has haste as long as an opponent has 10 or less life.
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may return Bloodghast from your graveyard to the battlefield.
15 hours ago
+1 from me either way!
1 week ago
@TheSimikBOat: Thanks for your suggestions!
- Savvy Hunter : When Food tokens came out, I was reminded of my experience with Clue tokens in this deck, which was very underwhelming, so I didn't test any of the cards in here. But you sound convinced, so I will test it (and also Gilded Goose and Witch's Oven , which also seem kind of promising to me).
- Korvold, Fae-Cursed King : Yeah, I want to run him (maybe instead of Kothophed, Soul Hoarder ), but he's a little too expensive right now.
- Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper : I tried it when I still ran Bloodghast , Nether Traitor and Reassembling Skeleton and even then it did very little. Right now, I mostly only want to sac tokens... Fun fact: The first iteration of my Shadowborn Apostle deck ran Sek'Kuar as commander, which worked quite well, but then I made it Abzan...
multimedia on Konrad
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice budget version of mono black.
Budget cards to consider adding:
- Buried Alive : tutor for three creatures and reanimation enabler. Good with Golgari Thug and Bloodghast , etc.
- Phyresis : enchant Konrad and any damage he does to your opponents is poison counters instead of normal damage. A player only needs 20 poison counters to lose the game which is easier to do then having to do 40 or more damage to each opponent.
- Altar of Dementia : sac outlet, repeatable self mill, repeatable opponent mill, does it all just by sacing a creature.
- Mausoleum Secrets : instant tutor.
- Viscera Seer and/or Carrion Feeder : one mana sac outlets.
- Defile : one mana instant creature removal.
- Mutilate : four drop board wipe.
- Victimize : reanimation.
- Bojuka Bog : exile an opponents graveyard.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Swamp
- Vicious Rumors
- Eye Collector
- Pit Keeper
- Hedonist's Trove
- Soul of Innistrad
- Urgoros, the Empty One
- Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Another suggestion: Bloodghast (if in a pinch you can sacrifice this vampire and bring him back from the graveyard next time you place a land )
Also if you get do sacrifice (backing or otherwise) or kill a lot I suggest (and since i don't see any removal) you should consider adding Tragic Slip (if you manage to do a lot of baking this card is easy to cast for its morbid effect)
1 month ago
Hi Tejas! The fetchlands are critically important to the efficiency of this deck. The MVP is Bloodghast . With the fetchlands, I have the ability to bring all the Bloodghasts back twice within a single turn.
Evolving Wilds slows this deck considerably. And since this is a death and taxes style deck, losing 1 life for the fetchlands is a price not even worth noting.
However, if you're considered about budget, you may consider Fabled Passage or Evolving Wilds . I understand; as this deck sits now, it's way over my budget. But as I described in my description, I've been building and improving this deck since day 1, since it has evolved from my very first deck ever. All the high-cost cards have been slowly (excruciatingly) accumulated over the years.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Bloodghast occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.17%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%