Promise of Power
Choose one - You draw five cards and you lose 5 life; or put a black Demon creature token with flying into play with power and toughness each equal to the number of cards in your hand as the token enters the battlefield.
Entwine (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||raymaverick97 , Ashy , accioali , Tiddilywinkus , pskinn01 , moonmonster , rockleemyhero , PTsmitty , vashaclarens , sonnet666|
Promise of Power Discussion
3 days ago
Actually, I did take out Promise of Power but looks like I forgot to edit that when I was posting the recent Ahmonket update haha. And I kinda agree on Bad Moon. It's been useful, but only helps in that one way. I tried running Paragon of Open Graves, but he wouldn't last on the field as long. I'm looking into maybe Caged Sun as it would help with mana and boosting my guys.
3 days ago
R.C., maybe take out Promise of Power or Bad Moon? I honestly haven't played with either, but I feel like Promise is just adding on to your already really heavy card draw and Bad Moon wouldn't do enough.
6 days ago
Just FYI, there are various Formats in MTG you can play. Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage, Casual, etc.
Standard is limited to only newer cards, Modern allows cards going all the way back to 8th Edition (July 28, 2003), and most other formats allow cards from any printing, barring banned ones.
Presumably you're playing casually (correct me if I'm wrong), and you have your deck flagged as Standard at the moment, and it contains a couple of cards that are not legal in Standard (because they're too old).
If you are playing casually, there's loads of good cheap cards you can get your hands on. Hymn to Tourach can be found in the $0.60 range and it's incredibly powerful in casual play.
Also a real quick rules note:
If she uses Act of Treason on your Nightmare, while it is under her control it will have power and toughness based on the number of Swamps she controls, not the number you do. So unless she's also running Swamps, that shouldn't be an issue at all.
she takes my cards and turns them against me using act of treason....i had my nightmare at 7/7 And she beat me to death with it
None of these are "must have" cards, but they're all inexpensive (<$2 each), and can be incredible in the right deck in casual play.
1 month ago
I also noticed you're lacking in card draw which usually wins games in EDH: Phyrexian Arena, Sylvan Library, Ambition's Cost/Ancient Craving, Armorcraft Judge/Inspiring Call, Shamanic Revelation/Collective Unconscious, Elemental Bond, Mentor of the Meek, Syphon Mind, Dark Prophecy, Carnage Altar/Phyrexian Vault, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power, Decree of Pain (so good), Infernal Offering... this would be a decent pool to pick out of. I personally try to run as much draw as possible. IMO, you'd want to run atleast 6 draw cards on a curve. On top of more draw spells, you could also go the Land Tax + Scroll Rack route. It depends on how much ya have to spend on cards :P
1 month ago
RE: souls sisters.. I feel that they really don't impact the game enough to include them, and they don't really further the goal of the deck. They aren't a very good top deck, and the life gain is minimal...
RE: Crusade: I still think the Crusade is worthwhile even with only a few token generators. I understand you lose the counter\ counters, but you're not usually flickering more than 2 creatures a turn- and if you keep flickering a single ticket the other creatures get big... and the Triad can get bigger too...
In general, in looking at your list, I think it needs more card drawing. I don't know how you recover from wipes, or even get to your money cards, or for that matter make land drops consistently. I know the Triad can help offset it some, but the only way you have to draw cards is the Disciple, Hedron Archive, and Read the Bones. You'll be in top deck mode the majority of the game. Someone earlier suggested Phyrexian Arena, which I think is ideal, but if it's not in the budget there are a ton of good black draw spells that are cheap- Moonlight Bargain is .33, Ambition's Cost is .20, or the same effect Ancient Craving .32, Damnable Pact is .37, and even Promise of Power .49. But these will all net you cards for life, but there's plenty of life gain to balance that out.
I would also recommend Solemn Simulacrum. He's a commander staple as ramp with the ETB effect and draws a card as well. Just a good value card.
1 month ago
Nice deck! Got a couple ideas for you.. I'm a big fan of Duelist's Heritage over Battle Mastery... Sword of the Animist is great in non green decks especially Voltron style ones... Inspiring Statuary is great with lots of equipment cards... I like effects like Dictate of Heliod over aura pump spells here since you have so many small value creatures, plus a bunch fly. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx can get crazy in 2 color decks. Also I feel like you could use some big card draw spells. There's so much black card draw out there that uses life loss as a drawback that you could probably some no problem. Skeletal Scrying, Phyrexian Arena, Parting Thoughts, Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Graveborn Muse, Minions' Murmurs, Moonlight Bargain, Necrologia, Promise of Power, and Underworld Connections... That's more than you need, but i would pick a few of them...Alhammarret's Archive is great in life gain but it's better with card draw effects... also Rhox Faithmender & Boon Reflection for more life gain doubling. Happy gathering!
2 months ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
2 months ago
Whip of Erebos also seems like it would fit in quite well into this deck.