|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spirit
Shadow (This creature can block or be blocked by only creatures with shadow.)
Whenever another creature is put into your graveyard from play, you may pay . If you do, return Nether Traitor from your graveyard to play.
Nether Traitor Discussion
1 week ago
@TheSimikBOat: Thanks for your suggestions!
- Savvy Hunter : When Food tokens came out, I was reminded of my experience with Clue tokens in this deck, which was very underwhelming, so I didn't test any of the cards in here. But you sound convinced, so I will test it (and also Gilded Goose and Witch's Oven , which also seem kind of promising to me).
- Korvold, Fae-Cursed King : Yeah, I want to run him (maybe instead of Kothophed, Soul Hoarder ), but he's a little too expensive right now.
- Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper : I tried it when I still ran Bloodghast , Nether Traitor and Reassembling Skeleton and even then it did very little. Right now, I mostly only want to sac tokens... Fun fact: The first iteration of my Shadowborn Apostle deck ran Sek'Kuar as commander, which worked quite well, but then I made it Abzan...
2 weeks ago
jdinkhouse I used to run
but I cut it for 2 reasons:
(1) It's not a 1-drop. While having haste is nice, its still slower to get Yuriko out than to just play an unblockable 1-drop. As of Eldraine, I think this is outclassed by
(2) It costs double black. This deck slants heavily blue and needs its mana fast and reliably. Keeping your costs leaning blue helps the deck avoid stumbling. Its a great card, but in my mind it has been outpaced by some of the recent 1-drops and ninjas we've been getting printed lately. The recursion on it is nice though.
pao2 Honestly, it could be an inclusion. The argument against it is that it would be the narrowest of our tutors and at sorcery speed. I personally like scheming Scheming Symmetry better as our current worst tutor, but your mileage may vary on that. If you don't have an Imperial Seal then this could do the trick considering that often we are searching extra turn spells, which are sorceries.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Perhaps consider Nether Traitor . Shadowed, Haste-y, Recurrable.
2 months ago
Dwarfinside Yea Murderous Rider has been fantastic so far. Especially since he can kill planeswalkers too. Before I was running multiple The Elderspell in the side as often a resolved Jace, the Mind Sculptor is GG. Nether Traitor is spicy indeed! I basically just had an open 2 drop slot and he seemed like a solid way to stick 2 black pips to the board. Another spicy include I am considering for his spot is Imp's Mischief to stop Path to Exile from ruining my day.
2 months ago
Nether Traitor would fit very well in this deck as another recursion card that drains.
2 months ago
2 months ago
You have quite a few that I have in my deck. And a couple that I noticed are missing are in your maybeboard.. but thought i would give a couple suggestions.
Bloodghast is expensive, but his recursion is pretty nice. Noosegraf Mob - a bit high CMC, but can make 6 ETBs in a round around the table. And if you can recur him, he can do it again. Puppeteer Clique - 4 ETBs, along with 2 creatures from an opponents graveyard Sepulchral Primordial - guess it depends on your playgroup, but my buddies usually play big beasts, and we usually play 4-5 player Desecrated Tomb depending on how much graveyard recursion you have, this might pay off. Buried Alive is a great way to get those key creatures like Nether Traitor and Gravecrawler where you need them Yahenni, Undying Partisan - an extra sac outlet never hurts, and he is pretty easy to keep alive
Nether Traitor occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%