|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Game Night (GNT)||Uncommon|
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Rogue Ally
Whenever Zulaport Cutthroat or another creature you control dies, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Zulaport Cutthroat Discussion
1 day ago
Toxic Deluge - solid board wipe
3 days ago
nice concept - gravepact has been a staple of many of my decks since it was created, so I'm always glad to see more love for it.
I would recommend Zulaport Cutthroat over (or in addition to) blood artist. As odd as it sounds, Night Soil beats necrogenesis due to the ":" being after the removal of the creature - as it is written, you exile the creature before they can respond, as it is part of the cost of the ability. granted, you have to eat 2 at a time, but if the goal is eating your opponent's yard before they can react, this is a clearly supperior choice.
Grim Haruspex might be a faster alternitive to harvester of souls. only draws for your creatures, but it comes out for 3 instead of 6.
4 days ago
K, thanks for the clarification on the flash in of Grand Abolisher. hkhssweiss, I was wondering because under your "Card Selection", "Enchantments" for Pattern of Rebirth, you say you can bring it out in "worse case scenario", which made me think an instant speed response.
Why not run Nature's Claim over Krosan Grip, especially if it's a fast meta? Even without split second, I bet the 1 cmc might make more of a difference? Or, depending on the recursion in your meta, Deglamer?
I support Zulaport Cutthroat, because it's each player (as you mentioned) - I guess the question is: are you losing creatures fast enough compared to others in your meta to make this strictly better than Blood Artist?
I like Matrixxx999 idea of Blood Pet. Even better in a deck with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, but pretty sweet in reanimators - though for 1 reanimation a turn, is the single swamp and built-in self-sac you get worth it? Value in a Meren for the single turn of ramp and experience counter trigger, but I wonder, would it have the same value in this deck? You might find yourself wanting the extra swamp for a combo when Pattern of Rebirthing, but maybe just as often not so the card slot may not be worth it? You'd know as the pilot of the deck :).
4 days ago
4 days ago
Thanks for the upvote! Love the suggestions that you recommended, some of them I tried before but I would like to hear your mindset on them!
- I did run Apprentice Necromancer in here before but was cut because it was a bit too telegraphed and my meta does run a lot of graveyard hate, especially Faerie Macabre. I get why you would run it as it sacs at end step as well, but should I reconsider running it again?
- Hope of Ghirapur/Blood Pet I see the reason and I like it, but what slots can be cut or replaced to run these? Currently I see the weakest card in here is Krosan Grip due to curve and meta call against Paradox Engine decks.
- Mana Vault I think the original reason why I chose not to run it is because of the CMC curve and the heavy color requirements on black/green. I thus changed it into an Ad Naus deck so the burst is helpful, it bears consideration and I might cut a land for it, thoughts?
- Culling the Weak I really like this card...like really do, but I as with the problem above, I have no idea what to cut it out for.
- I did consider Recruiter of the Guard before, but having access to Black/Green it had gotten outclassed and cut by better tutors to lower curve. I also used to run her, just currently too high CMC and not enough slots to fit her in.
- Yeah the only reason I run Zulaport Cutthroat over Blood Artist is due to the target a player clause and because it drains which goes over certain cards like Glacial Chasm and the likes. I used to run both, but when your combo-ing off early game it doesn't matter, so I agree with your point and I'll make that switch!
Excellent points and suggestions I appreciate them very much, would you let me know what cards that you see that are too weak or can be cut to replace the cards you suggest.
4 days ago
I love good reanimator decks, so +1 from me!
Here are some suggestions that You can consider:
- Apprentice Necromancer - at first glance, this card seems slow, but given that we can sacrifice Rector and Hulk with his ability right out of the GY makes him a decent tool. I run this guy in both my reanimator decks with Hulk, Rector and Razaketh and it is always useful.
- Hope of Ghirapur - after several tests I found out that Hope is a greate anticontroll card, and it has a powerful synergy with Pattern of Rebirth. Actually, there is another creature which loves to be enchanted with Pattern - Blood Pet
- Mana Vault - a decent ramp card for playing key cards of the deck like: Ad Nauseam, Buried Alive, Pattern of Rebirth, Natural Order, Birthing Pod, Academy Rector, Karmic Guide, Reveillark and Protean Hulk ASAP.
- Culling the Weak - powerful ramp card and a great sac outlet for Hulk and Rector, in some situations can save your key creatures from exiling
- Have you considered Recruiter of the Guard? It seems like he can fetch a lot of your stuff, and maybe even create some chains.
- Also, why do you use Zulaport Cutthroat over Blood Artist, is it because Artist targets a player? Artist seems better, because it prevents your opponents from winning with their recursion loops.
1 week ago
What is your budget? I used to play Meren for a long time so here are a couple staple cards that can be considered :)
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Birthing Pod
- Eldritch Evolution
- Grim Haruspex
- Deathrite Shaman
- Vindictive Lich
- Zulaport Cutthroat
- Ramunap Excavator
- Nature's Claim
- Grisly Salvage
- Krosan Grip
- Living Death
- Altar of Dementia
- Animate Dead
- Dance of the Dead
Hope that helps and feel free to ask questions!
1 week ago
Athreos is not usually a life gain sort of commander, but its your deck. Here are some cheap suggestions for life gain sort of things:
Killing Wave this is a very interesting card. only really good in Athreos, as they have to lose life to keep what they want then potentially lose more to keep your creatures in the grave.
Felidar Sovereign good meme
all of these are solid options
as for expensive cards ill only say 2: