|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Leyline of Sanctity
If Leyline of Sanctity is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
You have hexproof. (You can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
|Have (2)||Schnellerdamon , Taki117|
|Want (5)||Otakufan64 , GoodnorEvil , Alt_Trix , digitalskillz , FateDecider|
Leyline of Sanctity Discussion
3 days ago
A lot of people down here play Aggro though..and they absolutely hate Sphere of Safety :)
3 days ago
I was 1/2 and 1/2 last week so we will see what happens tomorrow.. both opponents were running pretty tough decks. A red "Burn" and a "Storm." this week I am side boarding Leyline of Sanctity for sure for a better chance at defending myself~
1 week ago
Hey I play GUW Devoted druid combo, Burn and i have played phoenix a few times (before Faithless looting ban).
my combo deck is looking to go off at the same time as that but it has no response to a T3 Emrakul it would be a race to see who went off first. For this reason the path to exiles you have are the interaction you need against mine and lots of other decks.
burn wise i think the first few times you went of if you beat the burn strategy you would have the drop on me. However, after i knew your strategy my intent would be to keep all creatures off of your board which i think would be very achievable. running something like Pirate's Pillage (despite being a not so great card) could give you the token you need. IDK if that would work I'm just brainstorming ideas. Maybe something like lightning helix to remove a creature and helping against burn's strat is something more reliable.
I think you are very correct with the statement "I believe this deck's weak spot is hand disruption and counterspells" and decks like Grixis shadow will have a field day. I too struggle with that match up with my combo deck. I find Rest in Piece is good against the deck but not necessarily other decks that run hand hate and counter spells. Leyline of Sanctity also helps against hand hate.
sorry if this does not help much
1 week ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
2 weeks ago
Leyline of Sanctity would be just a great auto include in this deck mainboard, free enchantment and also makes it REALLY hard to hate out the slippery little boggle. No hand hate, no targeted edict effects
2 weeks ago
This looks fun and really powerful for a White deck.. I would consider one Leyline of Sanctity and one Heliod, God of the Sun and the reason is because in my opinion is the for the Leyline's three is efficient enough and with the Heliod I just think in most instances more than two Legendary is over-kill unless there is a really good reason to have more than that. I also think that running 28 land is way too much and you don't really need the New Benalia I would take those out. In place of these cards I would put in two Rule of Law , two Smothering Tithe and possibly two other creatures that would make a impact.. either that or maybe two Gideon Blackblade .
3 weeks ago
I am currently playing a game where I have cast a Vial Smasher the Fierce and my opponent (in a 4 man game) has a Leyline of Sanctity out. Will vial smasher still be able to deal damage to him because it chooses and not target? Will vial smasher just skip that player?
3 weeks ago
So I ended up adding another copy of Leyline of Sanctity because I think it’d definitely be nice to draw on opening hand but why in the world would I need green mana from Stomping grounds... What kind of memery are we talking about here uJar_Gamer?
Leyline of Sanctity occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%