InstantLightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.25||$2.27||$5.93||$3.61||0.02 TIX||0.12 TIX|
|Have (44)||LiveForChaos , HavokX , HR19 , ThisIsBullshit , NostalgicAce , ducttapedeckbox , TheAlexGnan , Spinalripper , ThatJunkMage , EnragedAtlas , CompleteWaste , Grantley91 , CastleSiege , Nixin72 , PTsmitty , Milester856 , WovenNebula , jpv , Karrth , saj0219 , lordoftheshadows , RealityShock , rogue30 , Gavbot , djsniperwolf , sonnet666 , brokendwarf , mmdw34 , Gameover209X , Drifterakv , Themiband , Ashy , ckplanes , EminentEncounter , Ajb39850 , gurthang034 , quesobueno123 , AkkiV , WUBRG... , Apoptosis , calaw00 , CosmicNutria , nintendowryyy , Bellerophone|
|Want (9)||ducttapedeckbox , ryuzaki32667 , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , thegoblinmaster , Khadord , TheHorse , Gameover209X , NoisyPotato , dmage105|
Lightning Bolt Discussion
3 hours ago
Two Leylines isn't enough. Remember, Leyline of Sanctity is meant to protect you against aggressive, low-cost spells, most of which can be cast on turn 1 (Lightning Bolt, Rift Bolt, Thoughtseize). With only 2 copies, you'll have to hardcast them more often than not, and by the time you get to 4 mana, it'll already be too late.
There are plenty of better counterspells than Syncopate. Hindering Light (my favorite in Azorius colors), Condescend, Spell Snare, Cryptic Command... hell, literally anything is better than Syncopate.
3 hours ago
The problem I see with Ulvenwald Tracker is the fact that it is a creature. In this case he must be on the board, and therefore prone to being hit by Lightning Bolt and the like. In addition to that, he must be untapped for me to be able to use him to fight, therefore bringing himself out of usable combat where it really matters, swinging face. Third, is you can't bluff with him unlike Pit Fight to sway your opponent into making less favorable decisions.
So while I see the value he tries to add with repeatable fight abilities, I believe he is too fragile to be worth switching over to.
5 hours ago
So Retribution of the Ancients is going to be useless in about 40% of the games where you draw it, which, in Modern, is unacceptable. Also, as said above, Lightning Bolt is arguably the best card in Modern, and any deck running R had better have a very good excuse for not running 4, and I don't think that there really is one here.
6 hours ago
I think Monastery Siege is a perfect card. You have tons of buffers against a bunch of kinds of decks but burn is one you only help. So Monastery Siege on dragons mode could turn a Lightning Bolt into a 3 mana spell and a Lightning Strike into a 4 mana spell! I think you need that card in there.
7 hours ago
A good start!
I'd take out Blightning or for stuff like Lightning Bolt or the budget version, Lightning Strike. The difference in mana cost will speed up the deck. If you still want it, maybe take out Cremate. Or you could use Pillar of Flame or in place of Annihilating Fire.
Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch would be better if you had more creatures with unleash. As it is, you won't get the full benefit out of her.
Also, I think 20 lands may not be enough. Consider adding a 21st.
8 hours ago
4x Lightning Bolt is where you want to be in an aggro deck.
Some number of Terminate (probably between 2-4) would be good here as well.
9 hours ago
lol.. splashing red is an idea, and even just adding playsets of Lightning Bolts!s and Galvanic Blasts might be worth it. Would need a mana base to support it, though... I'll have to look through my binder.
|Avg. draft pick||2.75|
|Avg. cube pick||4.14|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Fire and Lightning||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
|2010 Core Set||Common|
|Masters Edition||magic online on|
|Beatdown Box Set||Common|
|International Collector's Edition||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Common|
- Lightning Bolt + Sygg, River Cutthroat
- Lightning Bolt + Path to Exile
- Atarka's Command + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Twincast
- Electrolyze + Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix
- Lightning Bolt + Reiterate + Reset
- Lightning Bolt + Stormblood Berserker
- Increasing Vengeance + Lightning Bolt + Snapcaster Mage
- Kiln Fiend + Lightning Bolt
- Guttersnipe + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Victim of Night
- Elite Arcanist + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Helix + Lightning Bolt
- Boros Reckoner + Flame Javelin + Lightning Bolt
- Badlands + Lightning Bolt
- Howl of the Horde + Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear
- Lightning Bolt + Swans of Bryn Argoll
- Lightning Bolt + Satyr Firedancer
- Howl of the Horde + Lightning Bolt
- Isochron Scepter + Lightning Bolt
- Curse of Bloodletting + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix
- Lava Spike + Lightning Bolt
- Balefire Liege + Gisela, Blade of Goldnight + Lightning Bolt
- Goblin Grenade + Lightning Bolt
- Hornet Nest + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear + Mountain
- Boros Charm + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Snapcaster Mage
- Lightning Bolt + Tamanoa
- Lightning Bolt + Magma Spray
- Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear
- Delver of Secrets + Lightning Bolt
- Snapcaster Mage + Lightning Bolt
- Burst Lightning + Lightning Bolt
- Bump in the Night + Lava Spike + Lightning Bolt