Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$1.26||$2.49||$4.18||$6.88||0.37 TIX||0.35 TIX|
|Have (48)||TheDevicer , Big-Foot , el0fe0 , TheHroth , ducttapedeckbox , clayperce , Comicalflop , ThisIsBullshit , Yuri200X , CastleSiege , ryuzaki32667 , Spinalripper , the.beanpole , Gemeye , PTsmitty , , MoJoMiXuP , deatn1342 , pacolemere830530 , kpral , Dadaman11 , sidkeyz , lordoftheshadows , GroundZero2010 , Didgeridooda , Caligula , NostalgicAce , OS_Mage , orangemysticbird , maR2307 , Forge , a_murpheus , , saj0219 , Randomdeath , l0rd.v8r , sonnet666 , pepsson , fred91097 , ironax , Serendipitous_Hummingbird , ajmcnulty , fireborne1986 , Kurojashi3 , zachi , GoofyFoot , , Spottyfriend|
|Want (6)||astorre , Atony1400 , MrGargus , Lethnavrin , Souljacker , dhgarcia|
Lightning Bolt Discussion
2 hours ago
Hey man, I love your concept!
I seems to be all there, your defenders, prevent combat damage and alot of mill!But, you're running blue! where are your counterspells? A Dispel , Countersquall or Mana Leak is good to have around in a deck like this. Prevent your Fog Bank from getting easily removed by Lightning Bolt or Shock even.
I would personally prefer Halimar Depths for some more control over your deck during the game since you need to build up a line of defence and get your counters ready asap. Maybe even some more draw card, like Serum Visions, Read the Bones even.
Just brainstorming here, tell me what you think or expect from your deck?
4 hours ago
imo Spreading Seas turn 2 into turn 3 land disruption (Fulminator Mage, Blood Moon, Molten Rain) is the one thing (at least on the play) that can reliably stop eldrazi, and stop it good. Works wonders for me.
You have to remember, when they have those super-fast starts and you manage to get mimic and Endless One off the table before it swings, they run out of gas incredibly fast.
14 hours ago
If you're playing burn, you need a playset of Lightning Bolts. Seriously.
18 hours ago
Yeah, it's been testing well against most things. The Lightning Bolt is really strong. At 23 lands I seem to hit lands too much, but at 22 is less. I may run 61 cards just to help it smooth out even more. Thanks for the +1
18 hours ago
Oh. That's it? Hatebears / D&T are both matchups where efficiency is super important, so Lightning Bolt should shine, but Terminate seems super inefficient against them and Inquisition of Kozilek doesn't build tempo, and tempo seems kind of important in that matchup too. Engineered Explosives and Pyroclasm are likely pretty good. Counterspells feel wrong in that matchup, but PLEASE tell me if I'm completely incorrect about that. Remand looks like it should be sided out. Is Darkblast good enough? I doubt it.
Those are my thoughts at the moment, with my main questions being: is Terminate too inefficient against them? Are counterspells as bad as they sound against them? Is the tempo loss of hand hate too much of a drawback or is removing their Leonin Arbiters (hate that card) worth it?
19 hours ago
Forked Bolt isn't instant, though (thus why it sees more sideboard play compared to Lightning Bolt). What I meant by Lightning Bolt never being "dead" is that you can literally play it at any point in the game. That said... it may not always be as useful as other options (i.e. if you're behind, though as an Aggro deck... that's another topic lol), so I see where you're coming from in that regard for sure.
As far as better Neonates go... even though she isn't a Vampire, perhaps Monastery Swiftspear may be a viable choice. 1 CMC, Haste, and Prowess all seem strong in here, especially because you can guarantee a non-Creature spell nearly every turn (essentially). Plus, being a 1/2, if you do have to swing in on a 2/1, you can "combat trick" a Prowess Trigger for trades worst-case scenario.
Shadows of Innistrad should help. A lot of cards are pointing to another powerful set, so we can hope!
20 hours ago
I have had good experiences with Bloodhall Ooze it will be a creature your opponent has to deal with if not it can grow huuuge i had a 10/10 or higher a few times and yes it can be easily removed especially in the beginning wilt Lightning Bolt but that leaves your other creatures that much safer. In the best case you drop Stomping Ground and play the ooze. Turn 2 it wil be a 2/2 you play a swamp and either hold your hand for response or play Dark Confidant. Turn 3 the ooze will be a 4/4 and you are on your way of having an increasing threat on the board with just this one dude ofcourse he can be chump blocked but jund has the cards to deal with that.
In my honest opinion i value Bloodhall Ooze greatly, maybe not as powerfull as Tarmogoyf or Skinshifter but has the potential to outgrow both relatively quick depending on your draw. My advise test him instead of Skinshifter it's the only way you'll know if he's getting you better results but if you rather use Skinshifter that's cool use what you're comfortable with i say.
20 hours ago
Dryad Militant was considered, she's especially good since she hurts storm and reanimator antics but Coiling Oracle facilitates a turn 3 Knight of New Alara or a Siege Rhino OR just giving me a chump body that nets me a card while triggering Grixis Grimblade/Esper Stormblade/Jund Hackblade and Naya Hushblade. Oracle took the spot of Painful Truths because I needed something that was a) Multicolor b) Helps Ramp c) Nets card advantage and she can do it all for me.
Oracle is easily the first sideboard target though for G2 or G3.
It's still a work in progress.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Fire and Lightning||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
|2010 Core Set||Common|
|Masters Edition||magic online on|
|Beatdown Box Set||Common|
|International Collector's Edition||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Common|
- Lightning Bolt + Snapcaster Mage
- Electrolyze + Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix
- Increasing Vengeance + Lightning Bolt + Snapcaster Mage
- Lightning Bolt + Reiterate + Reset
- Lightning Bolt + Path to Exile
- Boros Charm + Lightning Bolt
- Kiln Fiend + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Victim of Night
- Guttersnipe + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Strike
- Lightning Helix + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Searing Blood + Young Pyromancer
- Lightning Bolt + Swans of Bryn Argoll
- Djinn Illuminatus + Fire Servant + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Stormblood Berserker
- Howl of the Horde + Lightning Bolt
- Boros Reckoner + Flame Javelin + Lightning Bolt
- Badlands + Lightning Bolt
- Howl of the Horde + Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear
- Lava Spike + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Sygg, River Cutthroat
- Curse of Bloodletting + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Twincast
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix
- Goblin Grenade + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Magma Spray
- Balefire Liege + Gisela, Blade of Goldnight + Lightning Bolt
- Hornet Nest + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix + Wear / Tear
- Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear + Mountain
- Lightning Bolt + Satyr Firedancer
- Lightning Bolt + Trostani's Judgment
- Atarka's Command + Lightning Bolt
- Anax and Cymede + Hero's Blade + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Tamanoa
- Chandra, the Firebrand + Lightning Bolt + Rings of Brighthearth
- Bump in the Night + Lava Spike + Lightning Bolt
- Isochron Scepter + Lightning Bolt
- Gut Shot + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear
- Delver of Secrets + Lightning Bolt
- Burst Lightning + Lightning Bolt
- Snapcaster Mage + Lightning Bolt
- Elite Arcanist + Lightning Bolt