InstantLightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$1.55||$2.28||$3.8||$6.47||0.52 TIX||0.12 TIX|
|Have (50)||LiveForChaos , ajmcnulty , pskinn01 , Spinalripper , deatn1342 , ducttapedeckbox , Forge , akki007 , KIngWiggins , calaw00 , kryan , the.beanpole , PTsmitty , Bengineer , jasongold89 , brokendwarf , grimer10 , HavokX , CompleteWaste , CrotchRocket , DevoidMage , darkcivilian , saj0219 , ironax , TheHroth , Milester856 , sonnet666 , freesia , seraphim_atreides , Elmo2210 , Stanleyman , Dadaman11 , Metia , RDorothy , scrotality , Aurii , Xathrid845 , Mage_Of_Space , lordoftheshadows , jpooda , NostalgicAce , Yawkcorb , TheNinjaPhoenix , akumaka , CastleSiege , Rodzo , greenkingwashere , gnarlicide , TheDriveBy , link118|
|Want (8)||, ApocTroll , Ciz_Moloch , PutridLeech , ryuzaki32667 , Arnez , SinisterGinger , nlak|
Lightning Bolt Discussion
2 hours ago
We need to make some changes to this deck.
1.This isn't really burn, the only burn cards in here are Shrapnel Blast and Molten Vortex which is not a lot of burn cards at all. Burn has a lot of instants and sorcery cards that do damage for example Lightning Bolt. And I would take out Molten Vortex because you don't run a lot of lands, only 20 which might get you mana screwed in this situation.
- I would keep Shrapnel Blast and if you have enough money, replace molten and 1 Springleaf Drum with 2 Remand
3.Put some counters in there and put some Lightning Bolt in there for a quick first turn 3 damage
4 hours ago
I highly suggest adding Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and/or Craterhoof Behemoth in order to have something big to ramp into and ensure that you win. Although, be aware that one of the major issues with elves decks is that it is not very resistant to removal such as Path to Exile, Dismember, Lightning Bolt, Terminate, or Doom Blade. If I were you, I would add potentially Spellskite, Eternal Witness, and possibly Reveillark to ensure that you can get back elves from the graveyard to save your combo since Ezuri, Renegade Leader is likely to get removed right of the bat. If you want to look into it there are some other neat combos for elves including Cloudstone Curio + 2*Nettle Sentinel + Heritage Druid + Dwynen's Elite or Elvish Visionary for infinite card draw/tokens. I wouldn't worry too much about adding Elves of Deep Shadow since they slow down the elves strategy of playing lots of green creatures early and they hurt you. The new elf from magic origins is an interesting addition as a 1 of - Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen as you can Chord of Calling for it and gain life when playing against burn or decks with a lot of flying. At best, it may serve a role as a 1 of in the sideboard, but it's your choice. I think you should reduce the number of Shaman of the Pack's to 2 or 3 as you generally want to search for them and would prefer to have a ramp elf in that spot in your hand. Most importantly, add 1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and 2x Craterhoof Behemoth probably in place of one or two of the Dwynen's Elite or Elvish Visionary's. Good luck!
5 hours ago
I see 2 ways to do it. One is mostly enchanting the opponents lands. The other is enchanting your own.
The plan is to burn your opponents to death while using Genju of the Spires as land destruction. Also with Smallpox since they have to choose a different land and creature with 4 mana you are effectively blowing up 2 lands and making them discard a card at times.
If you don't want to play you could go and use the following:
Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon
Porphyry Nodes - Activate Genju of the Spires during upkeep to kill their lands. Works only if their board has no other creatures.
Sacred Ground - If your land dies because of an opponents spell it goes back to your hand. Also works amazing vs things like Wasteland : P
Terra Eternal - Makes all lands indestructible. Depending on your build this may do more harm then good.
17 hours ago
ChainerKozah. Thanks dude. I don't really like Red, and I fell black is too weak to play much of it in modern. But I love burn and it seems pretty competitive right now. It just kills me that people play high mana cost stuff... Bump in the Night is another Lightning Bolt. Sure there are some great cards at 2-3 mana, but you only need so much burn before it is over, and Vexing Devil is pretty damn good too... Draw is really the weak point of most burn decks. Imo
17 hours ago
I also think you need to block more damage. Inferno Titan is like overkill when you probably have at least 1 spell in your hand that can do 3 damage. So I would trade Inferno Titan for another Wall of Reverence.
18 hours ago
There's a lot of creatures that get pumped depending on the different types of lands you own, like Wild Nacatl. Creatures like that are the basis for a modern deck called zoo. Zoo is a very aggressive creature based aggro deck, typically running R/G/W and runs very cheap and efficient creatures. Other such creatures are Kird Ape, Loam Lion and Flinthoof Boar. Having a playset of all of these makes for a very aggressive build when backed up with cheap removal spells like Lightning Bolt, Flame Slash and Roast. Then throwing in things that can pump your creatures like Ghor-Clan Rampager, Mutagenic Growth, Rancor and Atarka's Command. I think that's the kind of shell you're aiming for at the moment, you're just missing the white from it to take advantage of creatures like Wild Nacatl or Loam Lion. Although, especially with Burning-Tree Emissary, straight G/R does work too
20 hours ago
Sorry, I missed your message before. I would be okay with it but I also have to warn you that the Lightning Bolt is M11 and lightly played, are you still interested?
21 hours ago
Do I have too many lands? I could make some room in here with so many free spells lacing the lower end of the curve.
I was thinking some Lightning Bolts! to play off the other Simian Spirit Guides after I get the necessary 2 mana to win.
The deck feels very vulnerable. I want some instants or removal that makes my opponent say, "Well- sh*t."
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Fire and Lightning||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
|2010 Core Set||Common|
|Masters Edition||magic online on|
|Beatdown Box Set||Common|
|International Collector's Edition||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Common|
- Lightning Bolt + Snapcaster Mage
- Electrolyze + Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix
- Increasing Vengeance + Lightning Bolt + Snapcaster Mage
- Lightning Bolt + Reiterate + Reset
- Lightning Bolt + Path to Exile
- Boros Charm + Lightning Bolt
- Kiln Fiend + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Victim of Night
- Guttersnipe + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Strike
- Lightning Helix + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Searing Blood + Young Pyromancer
- Lightning Bolt + Swans of Bryn Argoll
- Djinn Illuminatus + Fire Servant + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Stormblood Berserker
- Howl of the Horde + Lightning Bolt
- Boros Reckoner + Flame Javelin + Lightning Bolt
- Badlands + Lightning Bolt
- Howl of the Horde + Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear
- Lava Spike + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Sygg, River Cutthroat
- Curse of Bloodletting + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Twincast
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix
- Goblin Grenade + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Magma Spray
- Balefire Liege + Gisela, Blade of Goldnight + Lightning Bolt
- Hornet Nest + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Lightning Helix + Wear / Tear
- Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear + Mountain
- Lightning Bolt + Satyr Firedancer
- Lightning Bolt + Trostani's Judgment
- Atarka's Command + Lightning Bolt
- Anax and Cymede + Hero's Blade + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Tamanoa
- Chandra, the Firebrand + Lightning Bolt + Rings of Brighthearth
- Bump in the Night + Lava Spike + Lightning Bolt
- Isochron Scepter + Lightning Bolt
- Gut Shot + Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Bolt + Monastery Swiftspear
- Delver of Secrets + Lightning Bolt
- Burst Lightning + Lightning Bolt
- Snapcaster Mage + Lightning Bolt
- Elite Arcanist + Lightning Bolt