|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning (DDN)||Rare|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Banefire deals X damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
If X is 5 or more, Banefire can't be countered by spells or abilities and the damage can't be prevented.
|Have (7)||Taki117 , Pumpkinking913 , Mortiferus_Rosa , PTsmitty , mwu8689 , jecder , GeminiSpartanX|
|Want (3)||Bearon , Zehro , jebth|
15 hours ago
Banefire is near-strictly better than Volcanic Geyser , mainly due to the uncounterable clause. Sorcery speed isn't much of a drawback in this deck. In fact, it should be your prime finisher since it just uncounterably wins the game on the spot once you have infinite mana.
3 days ago
musicman3310 - I agree. I have put 3x Lava Coil instead of 2x Merfolk Branchwalker and Banefire for the sake of having more creature removal. And finally decided to put 3x Rekindling Phoenix in, instead of 3x Skarrgan Hellkite . Don't know how much good this idea was as I have not tested it yet.
Feridia Thank you for suggestion, but I think my Domri, Chaos Bringer fits in my deck a little bit more. I really like the idea of either having something enter the battlefield with two (or even more) instances of Riot or drawing for creatures.
I think that Dire Fleet Daredevil will be best left in the sideboard for me as I think that it's a very situational card for this type of deck. As for the Thorn Lieutenant , I'm not sure it fits this deck more than Merfolk Branchwalker , who could be 3/2 instead of 2/3 or at least give me a land.
Thank you all for your suggestions though, much appreciated.
1 week ago
Also for future reference, you can put card names inside square brackets [ [ CardName ] ] without the spaces to link to the card so people can know immediately which cards you're talking about.
2 weeks ago
I have seen something similar running a set of Trove of Temptation to crank out multiple treasures a turn. I would only advise changing out one shock for a single copy of Banefire so direct damage would actually be a secondary wincon if you have enough tokens out for mana generation.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
You should remove Banefire from your sideboard, its mana cost is just insane and if you reach turn 5/6 (when you can actually take advantage from it), usually it also means you've lost the game.
2 weeks ago
I made this deck with the focus on Tilonalli's Summoner and Divine Visitation those two together seem broken. Then I thought why not get a ton of mana with them attacking with Grand Warlord Radha and Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip becUde who doesn't love huge mana and maybe finish off with a simple Banefire this deck will be rotating come April just a heads up. I like your RNA suggestions. Not sure about the shield but I like the rest. I would add the white spell for 3 that makes all creatures indestructible and gives some boost too. The real thing this deck needs is just card draw though so I would add something for that and then Smothering Tithe because it's super awesome.
PS the brawler is just for colour so feel free to use Zacama, Primal Calamity . I like him more but hes 9 cmc. Having a big dumb flyer seemed like the better choice for the brawler in my meta. Feel free to use either or switch between the two.
2 weeks ago
- I considered taking Banefire out already, but there is always the chance I get it in hand and get to copy it along with its x-cost. I might change my mind on that eventually. Expansion / Explosion is only being used for expansion.
- Planeswalkers are superfluous. I had two in the deck previously, but their effects were mostly useless and were only good for their ultimates. While, yes, they would sponge meager amounts of damage for a time being, I could instead just remove creatures that could harm me from the battlefield rather than waste card-space on planeswalkers.
- I already have two signets. Chromatic Lantern could definitely replace Jeskai Banner , but I want it for flavor.
- I'm fairly certain three is enough win-cons.
- I appreciate suggestions, but your comment urks me a bit. It gives off the impression that you think I don't know how my deck works and that using your strategies would be better. I don't believe you meant it like that, but your wording could be a bit more fleshed out.
- Thank you regardless.
Banefire occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.35%
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%