|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.
|Have (12)||Zyrook , Blue_Flame , Gabeph , scotchtapedsleeve , TrystonSpencer , Daddy1ong1egs13 , Bluboltar , LordBlackblade , BLEATH , mazrimtaim , metalmagic , CampbellStev|
|Want (8)||flabtastic41 , ConnorBlegen , madman-from-space , Wulff , dragon9hide , CardCarrier , mattsfatt , nellieg3|
Ghostly Prison Discussion
10 hours ago
jordybear2002 I've thought about Panharmonicon and its a super obvious pick but I simply just don't have another one to throw in xD it wouldn't be too hard to find another one. What you say is true about Ugin, the Ineffable but he allows me to create blockers which is super important for this deck and his passive does come into play, and since cards like Propaganda and Ghostly Prison don't really help out much at all for protecting your Planeswalkers, those blockers are very important. I thinking working Panharmonicon into the deck is reasonable and even necessary but I'm not too sure what I will take out for it.
2 days ago
Ukitake365 I figured that was a deterrent after I asked and thought about it lol. Hell tbh I'd say go for it. Based on how your deck is, you should outright heal over the damage dealt to you by the opponents. Another enchantment that would work as a deterrent, besides Norn's Annex , are Sphere of Safety for how many enchantments you have, and Ghostly Prison . But yeah, I'd say go for how you envision the deck playing out
1 week ago
Hey, you seem to be running a good amount of enchantments and cards like Sterling Grove , along with token doublers... Have you thought about leaning a littler heavier into enchantments while running things like Sigil of the Empty Throne , Celestial Ancient , Herald of the Pantheon , Privileged Position , Ghostly Prison , Sun Titan , etc?
You could even run Vernal Equinox for some fun :D
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
2 weeks ago
So if it’s the creature package that’s giving you grief out of Humans, you could try playing tax cards of your own, such as Ghostly Prison or Thalia, Heretic Cathar . That might be too far from what you’re trying to do; I don’t know. Also, Tocatli Honor Guard does shut off Champion of the Parish and friends because those abilities are triggered by creatures entering the battlefield. It doesn’t hit Mantis Rider or Meddling Mage but that’s what your removal and tax effects are there for.
2 weeks ago
Thx for the input so far. Gidgetimer i wasn't going for an Angel tribal, i just brain stormed some Cards that i already had with the few Cards i bought. Forgot to mention that Cards like Ghostly Prison , Propaganda and Exquisite Blood are Cards id realy like to have in this deck but they are a bit pricy for me atm :) If you have any other good sugestions for pillow fort Cards i'd be all ears.
Test of Endurance is a good idea however i would like to win by some other way than Cards like this. I only play with a small Group so all the mass destruction etc. is there because i know the decks they run usually overpower me with creatures and population etc.
I'll prune the deck some more with your advice and see what i can add, ill post Again when im done :)
If you have any suggestions to Cards with effects that might Work here, such as "whenever you gain life something happens" or "pay life to" it would be much appreciated aswell. I don't know a Whole lot of Cards by heart so much is found by searching various frases on google and gatherer (y)
2 weeks ago
Alright so this is where things get difficult lol. Right now the deck has some semblance of agro and control but its currently being bogged down by things that don’t contribute anything or enough to warrant their spot. I’m going to suggest a lot of cuts and for each one I’ll offer a decent replacement that will not only make all of our lives miserable but also contribute to making the deck far more resilient and difficult to stop. Creatures to cut
- Aegis of the Gods
- Archangel of Thune
- Archangel of Tithes
- Baird, Steward of Argive
- Basandra, Battle Seraph
- Captain of the Watch
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- Firemane Angel
- Guardian of the Gateless
- Herald of War
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal
- Pyreheart Wolf
- Seraph of Dawn
- Soul's Attendant
- Tajic, Legion's Edge
Creatures to Add
- Alms Collector
- Aven Mindcensor
- Combat Celebrant
- Containment Priest
- Eidolon of Rhetoric
- Godo, Bandit Warlord
- Magus of the Wheel
- Mother of Runes
- Relic Seeker
- Samurai of the Pale Curtain
- Spirit of the Labyrinth
- Stonehewer Giant
- Sublime Archangel
- Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle
- Viashino Heretic
Noncreature Spells to Cut
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- Elixir of Immortality
- Hedron Matrix
- Moonsilver Spear
- Power Matrix
- Tablet of the Guilds
- Worn Powerstone
- Celestial Mantle
- Ghostly Prison
- Gleam of Battle
- Holy Mantle
- Ordeal of Heliod
- Revoke Existence
- Safe Passage
Noncreature Spells to Add
- Boros Charm
- Crush Contraband
- Path to Exile
- Swords to Plowshares
- Smothering Tithe
- Aggravated Assault
- Open the Armory
- Reforge the Soul
- Steelshaper's Gift
- Coalition Relic
- Coldsteel Heart
- Fellwar Stone
- Gilded Lotus
- Sword of Feast and Famine
- Sword of the Animist
Now what these additions will do is smooth out your mana curve and make you come out swinging far more quickly in more consistently. The additions include another outlet to go infinite through Sword of Feast and Famine and Aggravated Assault . They also contain multiple ways to tutor up Helm of the Host and win. Combat Celebrant and Godo, Bandit Warlord each go infinite with helm and Godo will tutor for it himself and place it straight onto the battlefield.
We also tighten up your control package with cheap removal and creatures that limit what you’re opponents can do. I can provide more explanations in person if you like.
Remember these are only suggestions lol But if you try them I think you’ll like how much faster the deck pops off.
Ghostly Prison occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
W/U (Azorius): 1.27%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.49%
GWU (Bant): 0.8%
RBW (Mardu): 0.47%