|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever an opponent loses life, you gain that much life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||bigc137 , REV666 , Tiddilywinkus , , maxon , ironax , Justinaut , dplerner , mziter501 , awalloftext , Swamy , Supremespeed , mazrimtaim , Fullmetalmage|
|Want (5)||Turtlelover73 , brokendwarf , _raeofsunlight , Bezter , rakdos24|
Exquisite Blood Discussion
20 hours ago
brandonsperry25 I have to get rid of Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond for financial purposes, so I think I could just add mentor of the meek and possible some other tutor or another enchantment of some sort
2 days ago
Dragonskull Summit and Unclaimed Territory might be good cards you can use in place of some of the shock lands. I understand the utility of a shock land, but have never been a fan of pinging myself every time I want to use a land for mana. I tend to use lands that benefit me if they are coming in tapped like Akoum Refuge, Bloodfell Caves and Scoured Barrens. Temple of the False God might warrant a spot in this deck.
I agree with enpc suggesting lowering your lands down to about 37. I run Edgar Markov comfortably on 37. You could also include Rakdos Cluestone, Boros Cluestone and Orzhov Cluestone for both mana and card draw.
Hope some of my suggestions helped!
3 days ago
3 days ago
I think you could use more card draw. Phyrexian Arena would be a good choice, and so would Arguel's Blood Fast Flip. Greed is another option. I think you could also use some more mass board wipes, and in black you could pull off In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind, or Kindred Dominance. Those are three board wipes that allow you to keep your board state, which is so great with a token strategy. Nim Deathmantle might be better than Whip of Erebos. I also think that Olivia Voldaren is better than Olivia, Mobilized for War, unless you have some synergistic stuff going on with her.
I think I would pull New Blood. Nice flavor, but I don't think its worth it. Since you're running Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, you should run Filth, too. And if you want a backup to Urborg, Blanket of Night is good. I think I'd dump Rakdos Charm, too. Usually good against token strategies, but you are running a bit of one yourself.
How does Well of Lost Dreams work for you? You have lots of life loss effects going on, so if it works well, then stick with it. If you find yourself tapped out most of the time that you would want to use it, then a more straightforward card draw engine or another mana rock might work out better.
I hope that helps some. I love the vampire tribal theme, so I hope you get it working for you.
4 days ago
Lots of goodies to consider before Disciple likely. Sitting here looking at:
- ramp (Elvish Mystic, Bloom Tender, Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth)
- midrange-y goodness (Grave Titan, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Lord of Extinction)
- a Necrotic Ooze combo (Walking Ballista, Phyrexian Devourer, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed/Triskelion)
- dredge package (Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp, Life from the Loam)
- table drain (Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Exquisite Blood, Massacre Wurm)
- attrition package (Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Desolation)
- creature based targetted removal (Reclamation Sage, Caustic Caterpillar, Woodfall Primus)
- stax package (Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, Contamination, Null Rod)
- tutor package (Buried Alive, Birthing Pod, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier)
- better sac outlets (Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Viscera Seer, Greater Good)
- general good stuff (Sylvan Library, Damnation, Mana Crypt)
4 days ago
5 days ago
Your mana base looks pretty solid, though as the comment on the deck page itself states, lands that come into play tapped by default aren't that great. For 3 colours, I'd suggest Either Terramorphic Expanse , Evolving Wilds, or both. Expedition Map may also help if you end up having issues with your colours, though you have enough artifacts that it may not be a real problem.
As for other cards, I agree that The Locust God isn't particularly impressive, though it does slow roll you some pokes/blockers. I almost want to suggest Exquisite Blood or Exsanguinate because you have so little life gain, but I'm just paranoid like that.