Nyx Lotus enters the battlefield tapped.
: Choose a colour. Gain an amount of mana of that colour equal to your devotion to that colour. (Your devotion to a colour is the number of mana symbols of that colour in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
|Have (2)||GeminiSpartanX ,|
Printings View all
|Theros Beyond Death (THB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Nyx Lotus Discussion
23 hours ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
5 days ago
Hey, nice token/flying theme deck! I've been playing Golos, Tireless Pilgrim in a lot of different variations for a long time, but nothing like this one! I do have a few suggestions though:
Nyx Lotus you will find is very ineffective in a deck with this much color variety. There are much better mana rocks for 5 color.
Unless you add a lot of card draw or tutor land to hand cards, you will rarely find yourself with more than one land in hand past about the 3-4th round. As such I'd suggest removing Azusa, Lost but Seeking
I wasn't able to figure out what you intended to use Morophon, the Boundless for?
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon Seems an odd choice to me as its most commonly used ability will exile all your stuff as well. Most tokens have a color even though they are not cast.
Prismatic Omen is always worth consideration in a 5 color deck, even with Chromatic Lantern, Chromatic Orrery, and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove. Anything to increase odds of mana fixing is huge in Golos imo.
Like I said, this is completely different from any of the many ways I ever built Golos. Love to know how it plays for you! He is my favorite commander. I've done everything from Eldrazi (or otherwise big stompy stuff) theme, to full out tutors for infinite combos, to Maze's End/Scapeshift combo with a side of Door to Nothingness, to stealing all my opponents stuff themes...so many options!
1 week ago
Nice budget-Esque Braids build. Braids is really hard to build on a budget. I’ve been playing Braids consistently for a couple years now. I’m not got g to recommend big $$$ cards that fuel my deck but I will shed some insight into what works well with Braids —- big mana rocks: Gilded Lotus, Nyx Lotus, or even Dreamstone Hedron all have a place in Braids. Chromatic Orrery may be worth it for the colorless mana alone. Include Voltaic Key. Braids allows you to play these rocks for free, which provides ramp. As for other ramp: Caged Sun works nicely (Extraplanar Lens is out of budget). This all will allow you to ramp into you eldrazi titans with annihilator. Budget options include Pathrazer of Ulamog and Ulamog's Crusher. Void Winnower is crippling. Budget beasties may include Darksteel Colossus. You should run Strionic Resonator to double your Braids triggers OR annihilator triggers :))))) I’d ditch the land ramp as Braids will provide that as well. Include Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir and couple him with your Omen Machine or Knowledge Pool as your win con. Flash allows you to play Braids right before your own turn. Ditch the lab man effects—-make it a grind. I hope this helps.
2 weeks ago
I like the idea, but I feel like you don't have enough sacrifice outlets to benefit as effectively from Font of Mythos and Coveted Jewel. I'd recommend cards like Arcbound Ravager, Metalwork Colossus, Sage of Lat-Nam, and Sai, Master Thopterist to get some instant speed sacrifice mechanics so that you can remove those when you want to before an opponent would benefit from. I also think the more expensive cards here are a bit overkill compared to the rest of the deck, it could be a lot more budget friendly if you pulled Force of Will, Chrome Mox, manacrypt, Ancient Tomb, and Metalworker. That would drop the overall cost by about 300 and wouldn't sacrifice much for efficiency. Caged Sun and Gauntlet of Power (which is expensive, but not more than extraplanar lens) as well as Gilded Lotus, Nyx Lotus, and Blinkmoth Urn can make up for the loss of the mana generation by removing those more expensive cards. I'd also recommend some board wipe cards like Oblivion Stone and Nevinyrral's Disk to accomodate when the board state is getting hectic.
2 weeks ago
So i run something very similar in standard. Leyline of the Void is good sideboard against any graveyard based decks, plus its a free 2 devotion if its in your hand.
You may also want to run one copy of Nyx Lotus
2 weeks ago
In mono white, I would use more ramp and card draw.
Sol Ring; Mind Stone; Caged Sun; Gilded Lotus/Nyx Lotus; Smothering Tithe; Knight of the White Orchid; Endless Horizon/Land Tax; Burnished Hart; Marble Diamond/Coldsteel Heart; Pearl Medallion; Gift of Estates; etc.
Mind's Eye; Staff of Nin are both decent for some card draw.
Remember, you can exile YOUR attacking creatures with Settle the Wreckage to ramp up.
I'm gonna use some of those cards in my Celestial Crusade, which isnt updated yet, Im super lazy... :D
Cards I would remove:
Ajani's Mantra - only 1 life per each four turns is meh.
Teyo, the Shieldmage - hexproof is nice, but Im not really fan of Teyo.. I would rather go with Orbs of Warding for the same mana cost or add some ramp/draw.
Fencing Ace - It seems there isnt much ways to buff up this dude, should be more useful in some aura/equipment orientated deck.
2 weeks ago
You have to look into artifacts for ramping or card advantage without discard or sacrifice.
Some good staples that are available are:
Two cards I think are flavorful for red and provide card advantage but i don't see too often are: Staff of Nin, and Coercive Portal. The staff lets you ping stuff for 1 which is a nice little support card but it also draws a card every turn. The portal is not for the faint of heart but can really alter a board state depending on votes. Especially if you build with knowing this in advance.