|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Marrow-Gnawer + Thornbite Staff
- Avatar of Woe + Thornbite Staff
- Hell's Caretaker + Thornbite Staff
- Thornbite Staff + Visara the Dreadful
- Can I use a creature's tap ability multiple times in one turn if I can untap it?
- If a Creatures is untapped durring Combat, Can I use that creatures Tap ability multiple times as response to declared attackers.
- Do I have to pay the equip cost ( Thornbite Staff)?
- Destroy Creature - Order of Destruction and LtB
- Thornbite Staff vs Hexproof
Tribal Artifact — Shaman Equipment
Equipped creature has "(2), Tap: This creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player" and "Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, untap this creature."
Whenever a Shaman creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Thornbite Staff to it.
Thornbite Staff Discussion
5 days ago
Cool deck! These might interest you: Life's Finale , Debtors' Knell , Kindred Dominance , Angel of Despair , Magister of Worth , Colfenor's Urn , Magewright's Stone , Sunforger , Black Market , Thornbite Staff , Illusionist's Bracers , Heartless Summoning , Bishop of Wings , Platinum Angel , Requiem Angel
5 days ago
5 days ago
Not only is it a crazy good and crazy easy combo; she's also literally holding a staff in the art!
1 week ago
You need more reliable ways to deal with Torpor Orb , Hushwing Gryff , and Hushbringer because if they land they will make your deck quite useless. That Reclamation Sage in your hand would love to blow up Torpor Orb... too bad it doesn't work anymore. Good spot removal like Abrupt Decay , Beast Within , Return to Nature , Assassin's Trophy , etc. These are ESSENTIAL for a Yarok deck because the above cards really do wreck you.
You might want to invest in some lower cost mana ramp options like 1 CmC mana dorks and some more of the 2 CmC draw creatures. This ism aninly to lower your mana curve and let you go off a bit faster.
2 weeks ago
Adding Thornbite Staff has the potential to create two infinite combo's for this deck.
1) Thornbite Staff + Krenko, Mob Boss + Goblin Bombardment: Equip Staff to Krenko. Generate a Goblin with Krenko, sacrifice the Goblin to Goblin Bombardment and deal 1 damage to an opponent. Krenko untaps due to the Goblin's death. Rinse and repeat.
2) Thornbite Staff + Krenko, Mob Boss + Phyrexian Altar: Equip Staff to Krenko. Generate a Goblin with Krenko, sacrifice the Goblin to Phyrexian Altar to generate . Krenko untaps due to Goblin's death. Rinse and repeat. Results in infinite .
Next to Staff's use in these combos, it is also rather frustrating for opponents if whenever a creature gets killed off, Krenko is able to untap, which allows you to keep flooding the board with gobbo's even during your opponents' turns.
Also, Staff is funny in combination with Goblin Sharpshooter and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker : Equip the Staff to Kiki to make it work. Use Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker to copy Goblin Sharpshooter. The original shoots a player for one damage, the copy shoots itself. The copy dies, thereby untapping both the original Goblin Sharpshooter and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. Rinse and repeat to kill off everybody.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 weeks ago
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Thornbite Staff + Massacre Wurm is a bit janky but works. If you wanted to (though even more janky again), you could also use stuff like Varchild's War-Riders + Illness in the Ranks for more dies triggers.
3 weeks ago
Ayara also provides another target for Thornbite Staff .
I agree with Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor in regards to cutting the anthem effects, and in their place you should probably add in some card draw options. Greed is always a good one, and Arguel's Blood Fast Flip isn't bad. Thallid Soothsayer gives you another sac outlet/draw option, as does Vampiric Rites .
1 month ago
Thornbite Staff occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%